Thanks to all that attended the 2014 bh.c/bhod official gtg!

Discussion in '2014 Bowhunting.com Get Together & Archery Fun Sho' started by in da woods, Jun 8, 2014.

1. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No complaints here other than the scoring, but honestly I do not attend this shoot for the competition! I attend to shoot with some fellow HUNTERS.

I was glad to win the Tink's set. It looks like I will be using some scents this season! Been over a decade since I used anything other than cover scents. Thanks BH.com

2. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    got that right, never saw any vension sausage around our camp!

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Just wanted to say thanks to the guys that put in a bunch of time to make this thing happen. I wish I could have made it to the campground, but I've been out of town a LOT lately for work and had to fly out again Sunday early so I really couldn't make it happen this year.

I have to say with this being my first GTG since 2009 it's a LOT more coordinated and well run. The shoot itself was good and you can tell there was a ton of time and effort into this. I've shot quite a few 3D events in years past and considering the resources you guys have to work with this was a very well run event.

Thanks again to the BH.com team and I'm hoping I can spend a lot more time getting to meet new people next year!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
  4. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks to all the Staff and Volunteers for running a great event.

5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Was nice meeting you and your husband! Have fun with the camera :tu:

6. Justin

Justin Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Nobody is going to argue that, however I think it's important for people to understand why it was changed. In years past we never had any way of knowing how many people were going to attend the shoot and of those how many were going to eat lunch. Since we're not preparing the food "on demand" we simply had to guess on how much was going to be enough as it's all ordered ahead of time. Some years there was too much food, which meant we spent more money on food than we took in. We're certainly not getting rich on this event, however we also don't' want to lose money either.

Other years there wasn't enough food which meant that some people never got to eat. Without a good way to regulate how much food people are sticking on their plates (some guys were taking 2, 3 even 4 BBQ sandwiches) it was nearly impossible for us to control. That's what lead to the decision to bring in the truck and then people could order as much or as little food as they wanted. Next year we may look at some different food options and costs, but I wouldn't anticipate it going back to the old buffet-style from previous years.

It's easy to complain about things when you're not the guy either losing money on food, or having to answer to the people who paid and didn't get to eat. Just some "food" for thought. :D

To address the scoring issue - first I think it's important that this shoot is more for fun and bragging rights than anything. Second, even with the 110+ shooters on Saturday the top finishers weren't tied and often were separated by 4+ points. Unless the scoring really becomes a major issue I don't see a need to change it.

7. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Hankster as much as I love ya bro an extra day early probably will not happen. any extra days for myself other than family vacations will be spent hunting. I love hanging with you guys but man Hunting trumps it :sheep:

8. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a good time and really don't have any complaints. I can understand the difficulty of getting the right amount of food and the best way to distribute it.

9. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The whole weekend is great and that is why I understand the meeting is very important due to the GREAT sponsors. It is just that I am friends with a lot of the staff and enjoy seeing them since we are all over. It is just that I would like to see them enjoy some camp time too.

10. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    AKA- It's easier to add? My point is, 10x pretty much means squat unless there is a tie.

11. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah but u have to shoot over 110 for that to matter anyway :bow: :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. in da woods

in da woods Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have to agree. that since a 10X is would be considered the "bullseye" there is no reward for that or the guys that may be an inch or 2 away but yet gets the same value in points. It would make a difference in points and standings for those that go get 10x. I had 6 x's. If I were to get 2 pts that would've given me 12 pts which is quite a bit more and possibly a place ahead of others.

Just something to think about.

13. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Haha, that is my usual score for that course. Tough judging distance in the open like that

14. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You sure you were not looking at my card?

15. longbowmanjimmy

longbowmanjimmy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I passed some around!

16. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yes you did and it was AWESOME!!

17. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I laid two rolls on picnic table, it never got touched. the guys back home here at work polished it off in 10 minutes :)

18. Kristine

Kristine Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My only complaint is having the next team right on top of u while ur trying to shoot and its distracting. They should have to stand back and out of the way

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

19. johnwb82

johnwb82 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Great event and I feel it went pretty smooth for how many shooters you push through. Thanks for having us all out and the attention that was given to the youngsters is greatly appreciated. seeing young kids in the sport restores some of my faith in generations to come

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk