Team 7 - Official thread

Discussion in '2014 Turkey Contest' started by Dubbya, Mar 16, 2014.

1. Kris_H_97

Kris_H_97 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Just pulled the cards out of my two cams this morning after sitting for a couple weeks. Confidence is high! Both cams are within 50 yards of each other. The Spypoint is set up about ten yards in front of where I'm looking to put my blind and the Moultrie is just a potential area for this whitetail season.

MFDC0009.jpg

PICT0137.jpg

PICT0207.jpg

2. DriveTacks

DriveTacks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I visited some farms and mocked on doors tonight, got permission at one, I asked he said absolutely. Talked to the wife at another she said turkeys are a nuisance in the feed bunk but her husband would have to make the decision, left my card for him to call me. Another farm I didn't get to talk to anyone that could make a decision but they said to stop back. So one farm is a yes the neighboring is promising and I've got a couple more that I'm really anxious to talk to, hopefully tomorrow. And then I always have my old standby hardwoods spot at a family friends place! Getting itchy now!

3. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's a crazy story dubb....was there any conversation with the neighbor...not that you would fight over a turkey just wondering what he said if anything....you and Dave will both have one down soon enough

Nice bird cole

Looks like things are getting heated up for everyone....I can't wait to get in the woods....this has been a long month so far....weathers turning for the better though and I'm crossing my fingers...keep it up fellas

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  4. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    The shooter actually called his hunting partner and told him to "come over here" because there were birds everywhere. I got to talk to the hunting partner, he was a super nice guy... I didn't get to talk to the shooter, He packed up and took off while I was blood trailing. :( I just wanted to film the recovery for BHOD :D

5. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Couple new avian hens got delivered this afternoon! Wow pictures don't do them justice! Not helping the anticipation for the season! Not seeing a lot of birds though honestly think our winter may have been tough on them... Youth weekend this weekend will kick it all off!

6. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't hardly been out myself lately, as I had my cousin from TN here turkey hunting last weekend. Treehopper and his son are getting here Friday afternoon to hunt this weekend. After that, I will be going out with the bow to get us some points :tu:

7. Kris_H_97

Kris_H_97 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Gettin' close fellas! My count down timer is showing 7 days 'till our NY opening day and it feels like X-mas all over again. Hittin' the woods today to rake out some leaves and smooth out the patch of ground where I'll be setting the blind up at. Weather's been a bit up and down the last couple weeks and my extended weather forecast is showing a 40% chance of rain on opening day. We'll see. I'll be out there regardless anyways.

In regards to the competition here, is there a page we can visit with team updates to sort of get a feel as to how all the teams are doing? Or is it all calculated once ALL team members finish the hunting season?

8. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Kris, you can look at the scorecard and it will show up-to-date scores and who is leading. Right now, it's team 11. Good luck with the birds.

9. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Put a good one to bed, taking my girlfriends cousin out for youth weekend tomorrow!

10. Kris_H_97

Kris_H_97 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Yikes, this is a little embarrassing, but I just noticed my name is not on the rosters on this thread or the contest threads. A little late to take notice, but did I not make the cut? Or did I miss something...?

11. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    You're good, you were a little late to the party so I took you off but fortunately, I have the magic to put you back :D

12. Kris_H_97

Kris_H_97 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Dubbya! I saw the pattern of 6 shooters per team and just thought I fell into the "better luck next year" category ;-). 2 more and a wake up!!!

Sent from space via my escape pod transceiver.

13. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Counting down fellas.....counting down....Thursday morning there will be blood shed

14. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    I was planning on hunting tonight but it's 39 degrees, pouring rain with a 37mph NNW wind, I think I'll pass :D

15. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sissy :poke:

16. DriveTacks

Dislikes Received:
    Looking at roughly the same conditions for opening day tomorrow... But it's opening day...

17. stillmanchad

stillmanchad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]Team,
    I got on the board today with a 25 lbs Tom... 10 inch beard...1 1/4 spurs. He came in checking out the decoys, but something spooked him. He walked away and I drilled him at 50 yards. We got it all on video for an upcoming episode of bhod. I have another tag that starts next wed. Good luck men, keep looking up!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

18. Dubbya

Dubbya Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Good work buddy!!!

19. Kris_H_97

Kris_H_97 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Nice bird, Chad!

Sent from space via my escape pod transceiver.

20. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Chad!

Im taking my girlfriend out Saturday morning, so I will be out to get one with my bow after that.