Pain....

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Dogfish, Mar 13, 2014.

1. copperhead

copperhead Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:

I second that!! They suxx!!

2. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Worst pain I have ever had is an infection in one of my testicles. The lanced it and squeezed it without a local. And insult to injury my doctor was woman and she had 3 other female interns in the room during the "procedure". I could barely walk going in and they had to take me out in a wheel chair when they were done. I screamed like a girl and balled (no pun intended) from the time they started until the time i was put in the car. I laid in bed with a hot damp towels on it for the next week on heavy antibiotics thinking I was going to lose it and possibly the other one too. Without modern medicine I am sure I would have lost it and/or possibly died.

I can't believe I just shared that with everyone! I laugh about it now...... I think I would trade almost any of you!

3. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Heckler....you win...i can't imagine...

I did have a friend that was stupid and drunk one night decided to jump off the balcony into the pool and landed his left ball on the stair rail rupturing it......he was down for months....i bet he can share your pain with you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

4. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    My worst 3:
    Recurring lower back pain from fractured vertebrae 18 years ago.
    Tonsillectomy.
    Getting shot through the bicep with a 30-06.

I dont don't know that I would trade any of those for passing kidney stones though.

5. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Two I can think of....my appendix ruptured in my late 20's during the early morning hours. I was scheduled for a mandatory drug test that I couldn't miss or I would be fired kind of thing that day. Once you are scheduled for the test you cannot miss it. I roughed out 5-6 hours of the worst stomach ache I've ever experienced before rushing to the hospital to have surgery.

Also, I got really sick in Texas several years ago right before I took off on a plane out of Dallas. Beginning in the early morning hours of that day and over a 16 hour period or so, I experienced the worst migraine headaches ever. I vomited for nearly two hours in the bathroom while waiting for my flight to take off. I was broke at the time and I could not afford to purchase another plane ticket so I put off medical treatment until I arrived home in Virginia. The doctor in Virginia didn't know if I had a horrible strain of the flu or had a terrible reaction to mono. Either way, I felt like killing myself. After it was all said and done, I lost 20 lbs over two weeks.

6. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    What does being shot feel like at that moment....do you even recall....I've always wondered but never have had the balls or desire to try it out...haha

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

7. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I forgot this one. Getting a full tonsillectomy at 24 years old sucked bad. Didn't eat till day 13 and didn't talk until day 15. If my son needs his out it will be before he is 8 or 9.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

8. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I forgot about my emergency appendectomy, Brett. That sucked too.

9. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    And Heckler...OH my goodness brother. I felt sick reading your story.

10. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had the same thing as heckler it sounds like, but mine was on my lower back...right on my tail bone. I couldn't sit, it was miserable. Had it lanced, I remember it going from the worst pain to relief.

Also, broken lots of things, tore meniscus in my knee, dislocating my thumb was pretty bad, it happened more than once.

11. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hecker that sounds awful. Don't even wanna know what that feels like.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

12. virginiashadow

Dislikes Received:
    Even though it is only a short burst, tearing the acl's in both knees put me to the ground. The first time I tore one I said enough curse words to make Andrew Dice Clay proud.

13. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got my hand crushed at work by a fork lift when I was in college. Compound fractures on my middle finger, index and ring finger on my right hand. The pressure made the backs of my fingers split like a hot dog in a microwave and shot the finger nail off 2 of my fingers. 2 surgeries, and alot of stitches later, I have most of the use of my fingers. Looking back, I'm lucky to still have fingers after that.

14. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I made it worse than it had to be. Of course I just thought it was something that would run its course and go away. Or that’s what I wanted to believe! I waited to long.... I was on meds for about 2 days when I received a call from the doc with the culture results. That is when I learned how much trouble I was in. She immediately took my off the meds I was on and put me on some different antibiotics. Enough to take care of a horse! I remember lying in bed thinking about all the stupid **** that I had done and how I had walked away unscathed and now some stupid "bug" could take me out.

Infections are no joke! Don't tool around!!!

15. Buck Magnet

Buck Magnet Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Broke both legs on an atv jump, cracked 3 ribs jumping a atv, fractured skull after being cracked with a golf club, ripped my eyelid open and had to have it stiched up, ripped a toe nail off, had a nail go through my foot.... but the worst pain I had was having a contact lens rip in half while in my eye then have a piece roll up under my eye!

16. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You guys are all wrecks. ;)

I had some sort of intestinal issue when I was a kid. The pain was bad enough that I just kept passing out. I remember getting yelled at by a nurse because I fell off the xray table when I passed out. LOL I also must have been flopping about a bit because I woke up from passing out a bit later and was hanging off of my bed (head down but legs wedged by the rails.) (the passing out probably had more to do with dehydration and low blood pressure than pain but it seemed like the pain was to blame at the time)

I also tore up my knee pretty good and took most of the skin off. Had some tendons exposed. There was no skin to heal over right so the wound constantly oozed and wouldn't scab up. Eventually, I had to have it chemically cauterized. That was some pretty intense local pain. Burning pain... But I'd take 20 of those cauteries over a migraine.

I once had a hook embed in my thumb. That didn't hurt so bad. Trying to pull it out with pliers did. Didn't work either.. ended up having to push it through and cut it. Caught both my hands in a 220 conibear once. That was mostly embarrassing. I'm happy I haven't had the kind of injuries ya'll have.

17. tfarah22

tfarah22 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Broke the growth plate in my elbow. Had it pinned back together, they removed the pins later while I was awake. First wasn't to bad the second hurt something fierce. Glad the first one wasn't bad, or that doctor wouldn't have come near me for the second. But I think having my hand smashed between four pieces of slab granite takes it. The pain mixed with the fear of not sure how to get it out really sent me on a trip. My fingers also popped like someone said before. Somehow didn't break anything. But overall have been pretty lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My absolute worst was an ATV accident where I got a concussion, broke my arm and leg and three broken ribs. It was so excruciating I cannot explain. I couldn't do anything for near two months. But as an athlete I have had many broken noses, feet and arms. As well as the usual sprains and dislocations

19. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But I will say getting hit by a copperhead is very bad too. However the pain subsided much quicker than my accident

20. WesternMdHardwoods

WesternMdHardwoods Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Kidney Stones......I abused pain meds for almost a month to the point I would lay around like a vegetable waiting to pass it, that month is still a blur to me.