The war in Iraq

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by mrirbic, Jan 14, 2014.

1. mrirbic

mrirbic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sitting here having my morning cup of Mudd,watching the news. Listening on how just two years afterwards the Insurgents are taking back control over there..... I know that's not our home but it might as well be with all the lives and limbs that our families and friends lost over there. But the people that "we" sacrificed and helped take control for a better place can't even keep what was fought so hard for??? What's the sense?? Until we are again violated here AT HOME why do We keep "Policing" world abroad??

I have A brother that did 2 tours there,not to mention cousins,brother in laws and not to mention my wife..(I couldn't go due to a prosthetic eye since I sas 3 years old)...friends and neighbors.. How much more in debt and lives lost do we ha e to indure b4 things get right????

Hopefully I was hearing the news wrong but WOWW!!!! This world is really going to the wayside...

Sorry folks just venting.....

2. Zdeerslayer

Zdeerslayer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And unfortunately Afghanistan will go the same way. Our 10 year occupation means nothing in the large scheme of things in that part of the world, it barely even creates a blip on the radar of their history.

3. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Wars used to be fought to win land and power. Now we just fight to prove a point I guess. I've said this before and I'll say it again, we should take as much oil as we need in Iraq to cover a lot of our war costs. But once again our new global PC world says we shouldn't do stuff like that, even to scumbags.

4. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    War's should not be waged by politicians, and they should not be the ones making the calls as to what the best strategies should be. They don't have the stomach to do what is necessary. I think history has proven to us that it just doesn't work. Starting in Vietnam, and every other conflict since.

5. mrirbic

mrirbic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly!!!! And wasn't Vietnam a "policing" thing on our behalf?

6. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am pretty disappointed we gave up Fallujah, was a hard fight getting that one and o know several people that didn't come out of there.

As far as the war itself goes we are either gonna haveta pull out completly to only go back probably eventually or become a occupying fource which I don't think is a possibility. There'd be too much opposition in DC and other parts of world. The truth is no matter what we do that region is never gonns be real peaceful. They've been fighting a lot longer and harder than our little country as been around.

7. Dunlap

Dunlap Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I can't believe it either! There were a few places over there that shouldn't have been turned over. Al-Asad and Taji shouldn't have been either. There already starting to take over anabar provice where Al-asad, Ramadi and Haditha are.

8. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    All I'm going to say is it's a nasty place over there..very bad IMO. Another world. We knew when we went over that it they would take it back once it was said and done. It's all the Political correctness BS and politicians that can't stomach what needed to be really done over there. It's amazes me at how bad they hate us Americans over there....even the ones we helped. We couldn't really win anything over there...fighting with rules against people who have none.

9. blinginpse

blinginpse Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Y do they hate Americans so bad?

10. flystraightandtrue

flystraightandtrue Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    the war on terrorism couldnt be won..... you cant kill an "idea"

11. blinginpse

Dislikes Received:
    Random I know to ask but I don't even own a tv and I've lived in my own home for 10 years. Went to the movies for 2nd time in my life last sat night and watched lone soldier. It was a true story and wow it takes guts to go over there.

12. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    To be honest...I don't really know...lol. Bling, they think we are the devils and the evil west. It's funny though how they like our amenities though. :confused:

13. Bootlegger

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly...and they raise them up from birth with that Idea. The younger ones was the ones you had to worry about the most.

14. blinginpse

Dislikes Received:
    I always wondered y they didnt blow the place off the map. Watching that movie I understood y cause there is good. But amidst all the bad y send ground troops and not jets and jus flatin te joint?

Again I have NO TV NEVER LISTEN TO THE NEWS EITHER ON THE RADIO. The us soldiers are tuffer than me for sure BUT IT'S ALL NEGATIVE. If I wanted negative I'd call my ex up and start in on our past.

15. mrirbic

mrirbic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    And Bootlegger thats exactly what my Brother was telling me...
    I can understand that protecting and defending Home(USA) at all cost, but why do we help (and I know that money is the bottom line) but why do we help other countries and they won't help themselves, then we here at home deal with our loved ones going to someone else's war,our deficit is through the roof,our unemployment is up and earnings are down..

10,9,8,7,6,5................woosaaa!!

My opinion, and yes opinions are like rear ends everyone has one, But we as a country should take care of US A first, get our veterans of the homless lists and so fourth and so on.. and stop worring about Joe Blow unless they bring nonsense to our door step...
    Just my opinion.... I've been wrong before and I can take criticism,so "Family" feel free to set me straight."as an arrow" Pun intended...

16. mrirbic

mrirbic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Re.. call upur ex

Lmbo!

17. Dunlap

Dunlap Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Your right, at least I don't disagree with you. Donald Trump was one of the people I thought would make a fairly decent president because that was his way of thinking. You can't take care of others if your house is falling down around you.
    The time I spent in Iraq and Afghanistan was different from others because I went from base to base and not for a few days but for months to a year at a time. The people you met were different at each spot. Some were thankful we were there, some were mad because we were there.
    I still don't understand our logic, lets go into a country and blow it up from top to bottom and then rebuild it with our own money.

18. Wiscohunter

Wiscohunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

The same reason many Americans hate people over there for no reason. Propaganda mostly.

19. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's mostly religous. They have been at war with Christian's from the beginning of Christianity.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

20. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That and they hate the Jews, gays, and even other Muslim sects.....and the list goes on and on.