Duck commander customer service... grade F

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by indynotch50, Jan 15, 2014.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry but I'm going to rant. I'll try to make it quick so you don't get sick of reading it.

My girlfriend's mom bought me a classic commander for Christmas. She's likes the show and thought it would be cute to get it for me. I didn't get it on Christmas since it took two and a half months to arrive. It actually didn't sound too bad. I thought it would work well for river huntig.
    So I take it on TWO hunts. The second hunt the weather was pretty nasty but it's hunting, not all sunshine and rainbows. I hit it a few times and it worked, no problem.

I get home, and it was on the table on my lanyard for the day. Randomly I walk by, pick it up to give it a blow... nothing. I hit my cheaper zink call, sounded great. Hit the goose call, perfect. Hit the BRAND NEW DC call... nothing.

I get on their website and look around, saw how to clean it, did... nothing (didn't change at all).

So I emailed their customer service that evening (Sunday)... no response

So I emailed again on Tuesday... She girl tells me to clean the reads with rain-x... I get home that evening.... nothing, no change

So I emailed her and told her Tuesday night... no response

I emailed her again on Friday... Finally a response, she asks me to take a picture of the reed and sound board...

So Friday night I do this, even include a video so they can see it in action... no response

So I emailed again on Tuesday... no response

Finally, tonight I called. The girl said to send it in and they would look at it. I asked her how long it would take and she wouldn't give me an answer. I told her I didn't want to send it in and it be 2 weeks before I hear anything and 2.5 months before I see it again. Again she tells me she has no clue on how long it will take.

So I get the address and ask her if I am responsible for shipping. She said yeah, "It's only $2". So I tell her I just got a $50 duck call, that sending it back should not cost me.

I then tell her that this has gone on too long and needs fixed and that the customer service has been rather unacceptable so far, but I know it's not her fault as I hadn't been working with her. Anyways, she asks me how it's supposed to be fixed (very sarcastic I might add). I tell her that my brand new call doesn't work, and that they should send me a new call along with an envelope to return the old call if they want it back. That this should have happened last week.
    She the proceeds to tell me if I had a dell computer that didn't work they wouldn't send me a new one. I then explained to her that a computer is a thousand dollar machine that is expensive to ship and has personal information. A duck call is small and cheap.

Then she proceeded to tell me that since I didnt order it direct from them that it didn't matter anyways. She didn't care when I told her that it was a duck commander and that she is duck commander customer service.

I don't know if I'm over-reacting or way off, but their customer service has been awful. It's apparent they take no pride in their product.
    I've broken many things hunting and every time the company has made it right, immediately, no questions asked, and above and beyond what they should have done.

I'm just going to send the call back where it came from and take that money and put it on a good call from the outdoor expo coming up. All the big names go to it and I'll have a chance to try them first.

Just sucks because you're not supposed to be let down by them. They definitely don't practice what they preach.

2. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are nothing but a bunch of sell outs. Money changes everyone.

3. Dogfish

Dogfish Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    RNT calls all the way baby...

4. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've never bought anything from there besides face paint!

5. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys, I know it's waterfowl, not bowhunting... but the more i can spread the word the better i feel about it.

6. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I would write them an email and include that all. Send it to the higher ups, well as high as you can with them.

7. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ever since they wanted to explode their business things have gone down hill. Too bad though. Keep us posted.

8. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't blame you...I'd be ticked off as well. Especially at the chick on the phone. I don't duck hunt...so I don't have any of their products...and now I won't for sure. If it was me, I'd take it as high up the chain as I could...lol. Stuff like this really rubs me the wrong way..:mad: If I was you...I would not let it go no matter how aggravating it was...lol. It's crap IMO. Thanks for letting us know.

9. flystraightandtrue

flystraightandtrue Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    No serious duck hunter on the face of this planet has a duck commander call on their lanyard. that stuff is nothing but injection molded plastic garbage tuned in china. Stick with the real stuff RNT, big sean, echo etc.

10. blinginpse

blinginpse Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    America and whoever else let them dudes get outta control. They ain't no
    More country than alot of us if even as country as we are and what seems Normal to us is not to the high flutin inner city pukes. Only difference is tru got money to have people follow them around and put it on a stupid tube. Everyone lookin for that fame and next big hit

I'd do like u said send it back and go elsewhere

11. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah ive never seen anyone but them use one of their calls. Like I said, mine was a gift because my girlfriend's mom thinks the show is cute. The call didn’t sound bad, it just didn't work after 2 hunts.

12. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Owner covering shipping is standard practice for over 90% of the companies out there.

The frustrating part is the nimwit girl manning the phones.

That said, their calls are junk.

13. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Check out the Banded calls too, some real good products coming from that camp.

14. mrirbic

mrirbic Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    So you mean to tell me that Duck Commander calls aren't actually made in good ole Louisiana,USA by the Robertson's themselves???
    And Willie actually runs around on the show "sporting" the American flag bandana??
    I'm a watcher of the show mainly to laugh at Si, and because I believed they are true outdoorsmen like the most of us.

Wow say it ain't so that it's all just a show!!!!! & they treat customers like crap???

Yes if it were me I would be so much a thorn in their side with that faulty Call !!!!

15. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Say a Prayer that they will pay for the shipping;)

What these proud god fearing men are sellouts to China? I would have never guessed that, LOL

16. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: I bet there are people that still believe the company is just Jace and his buddies sitting around hand making the calls

17. Germ

Germ Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    They have pulled the a fast one on a lot of people, it has always amazed how people fall for this BS. Sit around table say a prayer and you're a "real american".

The Robertson = The Kardashians folks, their's no differents

18. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    meh, I wouldn't go that far. I met Phil several times before all of this, and he seems about as legit as they come. They still do live in their old house, although they use to allow all the local people use their boat ramp, but now they have a gate at the end of their road, which pissed a lot of the locals off since their isn't another ramp close.

But Willie lives in a freaking mansion with a heli pad :lol: There isn't anything redneck about him.

I do find it funny that the one brother that is actually a preacher refuses to be on the show, even though it has it's Christian message...

19. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Have you tried re-tuning it yourself? If there was water in it, got cold, dirty, etc., the reed could easily have gotten moved around. Happened to me goose hunting this past fall. A quick two minutes and it was back up and running. Just mess around with it a little bit. If the reed is cracked, that could be the problem. I would inspect and mess around with it a little before I did anything else with it.

If you do find you are still not satisfied, I would highly recommend looking at C & S Custom Calls (Minnesota) or Gander Valley Custom Calls (Colorado). Both of these guys are great to work with. I have 4 Gander Valley duck and goose calls and I just got a C & S duck call this past fall and fell in love with it. I have duck calls from both and they are great calls and I guarantee you would not be disappointed. I had a Banded duck call and hated it. Also not a huge fan of anything Zink myself.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.

20. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The preacher has been on the show. He just isn't a full time cast member.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk