Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys! Life is slowly getting back to normal here. We've been having Drago weather, ridiculous cold, lots of snow and intermittent power.
    I did make it out to hunt once in the new spot and saw some does but they were off in the field feeding. I even did a last ditch effort of trying to crawl to the field edge but it was in vain. They alerted when I rose from the edge to fire and I was never able to get a shot off.

I ate tag soup this year, but worse, I didn't put any points on the board for us.

That being said, I can't thank you all enough for the awesome year. At times we were contesting for the lead. I have to say, you guys really made this contest. You were by far the best teammates I've had in this competition. Again, thank you all.

2. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Drago weather??? I don't know what your talking about... here in Miami its been in the 80's everyday LOL Excuse me my feminine fruity drink is melting LOL

My seasons all wrapped up at home. Apparently the weather has lost its mind. Niagara Falls has frozen, apparently first time in many years. Its crazy crazy cold.

3. cunninghamww

cunninghamww Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, sorry I have been away for a while! Been back in Bama hunting my old stomping grounds. Ended up killing 5 slickheads and 2 small bucks with my bow...it was a productive 2 weeks! We hunt a lot of overpopulated urban areas, so the hunting can be awesome. Never upped my score from my previous buck, and after a quick 24 hr trip to Illinois, my season is officially finished. It was great keeping up with everyone's season!

4. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hi Team,
    Well I didn't see anymore bucks so I didn't fill my buck tag. This was a great team this was my third year in the contest and this was the best team I was on. Thanks for the fun!

5. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for all the hard work, Bob! I really wanted to see ya get one! actually I wanted more stone wall pix/videos. I think that is a great tradition from your neck of the woods.

season here ends Wednesday, jan 15... and I won't be hunting any more, I suppose unless something weird happens and I get fired from work...

this was my first year in the contest and it certainly was great getting to know everyone and hearing about everyone's season.

I certainly won't pass on those early season does in the future. I just figured that I could take a doe anytime I want... well, you can't take 'em if you don't see them in the late season!

if we had been able to take just a few more deer and get them in the contest, we could have won!

6. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for being a Kick A team this year guys! Good job everyone!

7. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll try to remember that and take more pictures of them. From what I understand almost all were built by convicts. Perish the thought huh! Stone walls are all over the place here you wonder how they did it sometimes but things change in 100 years.

8. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks guys! I really enjoyed the entire contest as well and this was my first year in it. I appreciate all your hard work and the time we all spent visiting in the team thread. It's been great getting to know all of you.

Best wishes to all of you in the future in all your endeavors.

*High fives all around* We really did kick butt this year no matter how it ended up. Would be awesome if we ended up on the same team next year!

9. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    For fun while drinkin coffee this morning, I scraped team 25 entry pix from the main thread and put them in a collage. I think it would be cool to do it with ALL entries for the entire contest, but I'm not that ambitious... yet...

Recently Updated.jpg

I can't quickly figure out how to insert it/display it full res... I suspect I have to link it from photobucket to display it full resolution...

10. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    Weird... It looks awesome on my phone in tapatalk... But just displays the thumbnail in my web browser on the laptop...

And I need to insert the team logo...

11. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey that's pretty neat! Good job!

I'm in Salina KS using my laptop and my desktop is down and in the shop back home or I would try to get a larger version posted for you.

12. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice work!!

13. Copper dog

Copper dog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks good. Hey everyone it been a busy winter and really haven't had time to check in. It was nice getting to know all of you guys during the season. Our team did really well and good luck to anyone who will be chasing turkeys in a few short months