2014 BowTech RPM 360 & Carbon Overdrive - First Look

Discussion in '2014 ATA Show Coverage' started by Fitz, Jan 6, 2014.

1. jpb813

jpb813 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Any word on how the draw cycle compares to the Experience? The cams look a little more aggressive but that is understandable

2. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    On the RPM 360? I have heard from 3 different people it is as smooth as the Experience, possibly even a bit smoother. My shop owner is at ATA and rumor is he is bringing back a rpm. Going to see if I can shoot it when he gets back!

3. jpb813

jpb813 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wow! That's awesome. I was going to buy an Experience at the end of the summer, but now I may have to check this bad boy out :cool::bow:

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    The problem is most will buy this not because of specs other than speed....it's starting to get obnoxious how much brands shove speed like tv shows shove sex down the consumers face. Sad thing is it sells...not saying it's not a good bow but the naivety it creates as to what is desirable in bows is tough for me to swallow these days. Every brand does this to a degree...they have created a consumer base that wants speed over everything!

5. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am just the opposite. If I can get the speed and sacrifice little if anything I am going with it! Why wouldn't I?

6. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Without sacrificing anything substantial sure...but the high speed bows lead to guys not wanting proper arrow set ups in the pursuit to have the fastest set up possible when hitting the woods....we then have guys shooting essential fast limp noodles at deer that don't penetrate appropriately and are not as lethal. The main brunt of the crowd here I understand is different...but man I can't stand to be in a bow shop around new bow releases or that rush before the season.

7. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    See I am just the opposite, I want a crazy fast bow so I can push a 450 grain arrow at 280 fps. I get a bow that is still a very fast hunting rig with the power to blow through any game in North America. Speed doesn't interest me, I don't want a very fast set up I just want to be able to shoot a heavy arrow without having a very slow bow.foe example I am shooting a 425 grain arrow at 240 fps now if I could do that at 280 my set up would have much more penetration. But I see where your coming from where guys are trying to shoot arrows at 330 plus in a hunting rig and that is just not practical.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

8. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  9. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    ^^^Take a look at this video. It should be easy to see this dumps pretty hard into not much of a valley. The best examples are at the 56 mark and 113 mark. With in mind I wouldn't be surprised if a booth bow is set at 50 or 55
    That speed comes from someplace....

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  10. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like faster bows myself as well. I'm shooting a 422 grain arrow right now at 298 in the Chrono. I know when I hit deer it sure sounds nice...lol.

11. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah the carbon overdrive dumps into the back end but none of that on the rpm 360 also. He mentioned that both bows were set at 70 pounds

12. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Again guys are not like you or me typically. They just want to shoot fast and that is how it is sold sometimes sadly.

*I agree with you full heartedly though!

Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  13. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah that is very true. I am the laughing stock of at indoor league when I talk about wanting a 500+ grain arrow and a single bevel head. I feel like all the rage now is speed, light arrows and big mechanicals and it's a horrible combination. Even though my killzones performed well it's my heavier arrow I still switched to a good solid fixed blade and hope by next season to get some single bevel heads

14. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    You sound a ton like me, have you looked into Alaskan Bowhunting tapered arrows and single beveled heads??? High FOC and heavy hitting is their motto :)

15. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    No I haven't but will definitely check them out. Now if I could shoot. 500 grain arrow with a single bevel broadhead at 250-260 I would be the happiest person alive and would probably never change set ups

16. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Brother check them out.....Dr. Ashby is a genius when it comes to heavy hard hitting set ups....I have a few hunting buddies that shoot their set ups (tapered and the samauri singe beveled heads) just sickly sharp heads at the tip of pile drivers like arrows.

17. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    The Maasai look killer! I also have been looking at the helix by Strickland archery

18. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    And even though they are double bevel, the German kinetics look like they would do some serious damage

19. jpb813

jpb813 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I agree that bow does roll over pretty hard, but at 56 and 1:13 he's shooting the carbon overdrive, the 360 still looks surprisingly smooth considering that kinda power, though you're definitely right that it's probably not very heavy

20. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Also the helix are remarkably well priced for a single bevel. Unlike many that are 90-100 the helix are 50 for a pack of 3