Marketing 101

Discussion in '2014 ATA Show Coverage' started by Heckler, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yep didn't see that before, went straight to "products" on the left side :busted:

2. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I just posted Photos of a Danner boot that won't be available until next Fall. Don't have a heart attack Heck :evilgrin:

3. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think you guys are missing the point of the ATA show. It's not a consumer event. It's an event for manufacturers to introduce what's new to their dealers. Guys like bowhunting.com give us a peek behind the curtain, but the show isn't targeted towards us, it's targeted to towards the dealers that are planning on what products they want to put their $$$ in to stock the shelves this year. The dealers have and get everything they need at the show. Then the dealers that sell those products to consumers get that info ready to publish pricing, specs, etc..........

4. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    This!

5. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Yep, also the reason they cut back on the number of people allowed/invited. It's a trade show. Not a sport show. With that being said, I would, as a rep, probably preface my comments about visiting any sites with a tentative date as to when these products will begin showing up online and on dealers shelves (I've watched quite a few vids from this year where they did this).

We're just lucky to have awesome coverage as it is. I think it's funny some other people on a few other forums have been visiting this page for updates because they're happening faster than anywhere else.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
  6. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    BAH!!!! :p

7. Trevor Olson

Trevor Olson BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    We love bringing you coverage of the ATA show and all the new products being introduced to the archery industry. There were 3 guys videoing product videos, two guys plus Todd writing blogs/reviews, and two guys shooting photos and posting info about those photos. Its crazy how much 9 guys in Nashville accomplished at this years show. Our editor, Brandyn, was stuck in the hotel room with the computer cutting footage and uploading directly to Youtube and the website. On top of that, we have Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, Instagram, and this Forum being updated as it is all happening. That info gathered in 3 days can and is used for the rest of the year. We do it for FREE for the companies and you all. We hope those companies will begin updating their websites soon after Shot Show in Vegas which I believe is starting soon.