Bow Technician / Sales

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by predatorarchery, Jan 4, 2014.

1. predatorarchery

predatorarchery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    We are opening a new range & store here in Missouri. I am looking for a full time bow tech. WHO IS NOT OPPOSED TO HUNTING!!!! You will have regular shop responsibilities, setting up customers bows, fletching when you have time, sales, etc. I will never make you do anything I would not do. Your knowledge and opinions will be asked for. You will never have to be alone in shop, always will have 3 people working. We will be having shoots regularly, so some weeks you may get 50 hours. We will test ALL equipment that we sell. If we wouldn't use it, we wont sell it. So you will get lots of target time.
    We will be selling several brands, so I do not want someone that has a ONE BRAND type of mindset. All the manufacturers sell good bows, and they all have made some crap. We will sort that out ourselves, so our customers won't have too.
    Pay will start @ $750.00 per week, but is negotiable for the right person. Health Insurance is between you and Obama. Benefits include access to 250 acres of woods to hunt, paid trips to our manufacturers factories. 1 bow per year for free. Our cost for your other equipment, and lots and lots of fun. If you have a spouse and kids, their equipment will be discounted too. They will have free range time, and if they are well mannered, they can hang with dad/mom at work. If your spouse is into the sport, they will be eligible for positions as they come available.
    I do drug test. I will not tolerate booze on site. Smoking is OK, it's your lungs. This is a family oriented business.
    I will move the right person here, including spouse and kids, and set you up in a rental house. We are a family owned business. You will be part of the family. I want this to be THE BEST SHOP in the Missouri. If you are interested, send me an email with your name, phone #, and a few references. Also, tell me where you are from, some experience, what you shoot, (3D, 5 spot, Field, etc.) If you have a resume, you can send it too, but it is not a big deal. My email is [email protected] Tell me a good time to call.

Thanks A Lot
    C.A. Polly
    Predator Archery LLC
    [email protected]

P.S. We go to Idaho and Alaska to hunt. If you're working here, that is a WORK related trip too.

2. Cledus

Cledus Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Where in MO are you located? Willing to train new employees on how to do basic tasks needed?

3. predatorarchery

predatorarchery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Not yet as far as training goes. We are going to have me, and my current employees, plus a new fulltime bowtech. That will be 5 techs, 2 at the store at all times. If the new facility goes as we are hoping, then we will entertain new hires.

4. Cledus

Dislikes Received:
    I thought your initial post was searching for some one to hire?

5. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    You should open in Prattville Alabama...

I could guarantee one good customer.

6. predatorarchery

predatorarchery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    It is for a new employee. I need a trained tech. I will teach them about the rest of the business, but I cant hold their hand when it comes to tuning a bow.

7. predatorarchery

predatorarchery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I'd love to have you. Guess you will have to take a road trip.... lol

8. Oklahoma99

Oklahoma99 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Where at in MO will you guys be located? I'm not interested in the job but I'd gladly give your place some business if you're close enough.

9. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    And I don't want a trainee messing with my stuff. No offense intended but I get sick of retying everything and retuning everything every time some rookie touches my bow.

10. shanr

shanr Newb

Dislikes Received:
    That was an awesome ad for a new employee. I wish I was better at setting a bow up I would apply. It sounds like it would be a great place to work

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

11. jasone

jasone Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014
  12. Cledus

Dislikes Received:
    None taken. I personally don't want, or need, someone else to setup/tune my own bow. My questions were out of curiosity, as I felt that was valuable information he failed to provide in his initial post.

13. Great White

Great White Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What about Aussies?

:)

14. predatorarchery

predatorarchery Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have interviews set for 8 so far, so if anybody is interested, holler at me

15. dthbyhoyt

dthbyhoyt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sure wish I lived in Missouri