**** Team 9 Double Lung Liquidators *****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by bowhunter448, Aug 19, 2013.

1. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I thought about signing up, but with the winter and the big shutdown at work, I don't think I'll be out until late Spring after draw results are posted.[/QUOTE]

Tim if at all possible I would try to get out and do some scouting this winter in the area that you plan on hunting next year. Winter/Spring can be the best times to find where the bucks are bedding and hanging out.

2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    no worries!!! like the other said, its about having fun!! AND meeting new people. I've truly enjoyed being on this team this year, I enjoyed talking to everyone and staying on a active team. my season isn't over, I think im gonna go out tomorrow morning, and after seeing now that I have 4 bucks roaming around, I might just pop one!!

3. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I know. :busted: My biggest problem with winter scouting is I might not draw the area that I scout. We put in for tags in March and I have 5 choices, so that's three different hunting units ( my top two areas will be both early and late choices). I know that lack of scouting, ok none, was one of my biggest lessons learned from this season.

4. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    This team is pretty awesome!

Good luck if you get out! Also, have you gotten Clockwork back?

5. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Getting ready to head out. My friend is unable to go so I am heading down to my uncles where hopefully a big buck will come out to eat some radishes otherwise a big doe or two.

6. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    How did it go?

7. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tim,
    Trap league is a Shotgun Clay Bird league I shoot with 5 guys on a team, you shoot 5 clay birds at each of the 5 stations for 25 total. The other 4 on my team are my Dad, Brother, Father in Law, and Good buddies dad...so we have a lot of fun. We shoot off a high deck/porch that over looks the river...its a lot of fun and lets me shoot my gun a lot. Before trap league I sometimes fired my gun 2 times per year, once at a turkey, once at a deer. It's something fun to do on Thurs nights in the winter, and only takes 15 minutes, then hang out a bit and have a beer. I tell people it's like a redneck bowling league:)

Going to try again tomorrow morning to get out...temps around zero but almost no wind by morning. Then back to work on Tues...

I've really enjoyed this team as well guys!!! Sure would like to see a couple late entry kills...but regardless, sure enjoyed following along and sharing in the successes and frustrations...I love bowhunting!

8. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Unfortunately I was not able to get out on Sunday morning. The taxidermist told me about eight months until I get clockwork back, i'm counting down the days though I can't wait to get him back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Let us know how it goes!

My sentiments exactly!

10. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    How much longer do you have? I remember you saying something but I can't remember

11. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    And I'm back in my office. After a week off (something that hasn't really happened since I came home from my overseas vacation). While no one is here yet, I'm sure that it's going to be a mass chaos and rush to get caught back up.

If you are going out today, be safe and hunt hard!

12. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Till Jan 31st. still a month to go!!!!!! I'm laying low until I see proof of daytime feeding patterns from the mature bucks. hopefully it pays off! plus...my wife said funds are low seeing as we are putting in a pool this spring, so unless it's my target buck I really shouldn't be out there.

13. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Update on yesterday hunt...0 degrees when I pulled up, -8 windchill...but I never sat down once - had deer in sight from sunrise until 9:20. Only deer in range was a fawn at 10 yards. 4 large does got to roughly 40yds but I was hoping for closer shot with having so many clothes on and being cold. Great morning overall, 15 deer total, but not a single one with antlers. Saw 3 turkeys making all kinds of noise as well.

There is sure nobody else out when the temps drop like this...one of the biggest reasons I love late season.

14. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    that's crazy cold matt!!! Good to see it pays off with all that action!

15. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Happy New Year guys! How many, other than Joe, still have time in their seasons?

16. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    I just got done "repacking" my block target. I unwrapped it and put the foam in a new box and re-wrapped it. Looks the same, but isn't falling apart as much. I would still like a new one. Also, I sold my old laptop for the start of my hunting fund for this next season.

17. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Here are the pictures that I took: 2014-01-01 14.07.19.jpg 2014-01-01 14.07.28.jpg 2014-01-01 14.18.46.jpg 2014-01-01 14.18.53.jpg 2014-01-01 14.38.15.jpg 2014-01-01 14.38.22.jpg 2014-01-01 14.48.31.jpg

18. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, after seeing this trail cam pic, (should be 12/28) officially ENDS my season. I still have a bunch of meat in the freezer, and I don't want to take the chance of shooting chunk and having his antlers fall off!! I'ts been a great year, wish I could have contributed another 50 points for the team! my offseason has officially started, time for some self evaluating, and game planning for my most successful season yet....THE NEXT ONE!!! a lot needs to be accomplished on my property, so I'm very excited to get moving on it!
    drop1.jpg

19. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Well Joe, you gave it a helluva shot and contributed some points. Hopefully all your off season work will pay off next season. I know that I'll watch your YouTube videos and follow along next season.

Probably sent from a meeting using Tapatalk

20. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Like Joe, I'm getting ready to prep for next season. While I'm still three months away from putting my tag application, I'm going to work ob the in shape and shooting things I can do now. I have a physical scheduled for next Friday and hopefully they can help me come up with a decent exercise plan that is easy for me to stick to.