**** Team 9 Double Lung Liquidators *****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by bowhunter448, Aug 19, 2013.

1. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Tim, if you are double lunging rabbits you are doing something right!!! Nice shooting!

Love to see kids with bows - keep up the good work dad!

I did not get out last weekend as I had hoped, terrible ice storm all day Saturday into Sunday. I know I'll get out a few more times...in a year I shoot an Elk and turkey with a bow, sure wouldn't have though taking a whitetail would be so hard:)

2. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    In all things considered, that is a great year, whitetail or not! Let us know the next time you get out.

3. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    From my family to yours, Merry Christmas Team 9, Merry Christmas. May the guy in the red suit spoil your kids and may the rest of us remember the real reason we celebrate

4. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Merry Christmas to all on Team 9! Didn't see a deer from my blind down at my uncles but did see 13 out in the lower part of the field when walking out. Was going to go out this afternoon but watch movies with the family. Plan on getting out tomorrow and then Saturday and Sunday.

5. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    merry Christmas everyone! hope everyone had a great memorable day with family and friends!!

6. luke/r

luke/r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hope everyone had a great holiday season. I'm still trying to get out late season bowhunting.

7. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hope everyone had a good Christmas. Haven't been keeping up real well the last couple of weeks. Working retail sucks this time of year. Anyway headed out in the morning. My last chance to kill with a bow this season and last chance to kill a buck period. Archery goes out on the 31st and then there is a doe only rifle season.

Hoping this guy comes out but if its brown its down does apply for the day. Talked with the landlord and he has seen this deer the last few mornings on his way out. Going to kind of be on a wing and prayer in the morning. I don't have a stand in the area he has been seeing him. So I'm going to get there about 5 and walk in and find a tree close to the opening in the field where he has been coming out and set up my stand. We'll see what happens. Go big or go home I guess. I do wish it was going to be a north wind. South wind is going to make it harder and I may have to set up in the woods a little more than I would like.

1387333396968.jpg

8. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    He looks good. Hope you get a shoot at him

9. bz_711

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck frantic...wife gave me the green light, I just set my alarm for in 5 hours...

I did shoot a 23 out of 25 in our trap league tonight...hope to carry the good luck forward into the morning hunt...

10. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    I'm set up. With the snow I was able to see the trail well. In order to get on the right side of it I'm in the woods further than I would like. And on the ground. Found a few cedars I though might be better. I can see well and feel like I'm concealed. Had one deer move through before daylight. Don't know what it was. Just saw the silhouette. Don't think there was a rack but it would have been hard to see. Beautiful morning though.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

11. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    good luck guys!! I've turned total wuss with the cold....lol pullin cards sunday morning. hoping to see the big guy, if not I might go out after that big 8

12. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    BTW....shed hunting contest sign ups are up in the shed hunting forum. should be fun, I've only looked for them before if I was out and about, but now it will give me motivation to get out!

13. bz_711

Dislikes Received:
    Well...wife and youngest woke up sick in middle if night...had to scratch this mornings plans...

14. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    What exactly is a trap league? And good shooting to you, my friend.

15. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    I enjoy those nice quiet mornings. Hopefully, those deer are up on their feet today and you get a nice shot at a big buck!

16. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully the big guy shows himself, Joe!

I thought about signing up, but with the winter and the big shutdown at work, I don't think I'll be out until late Spring after draw results are posted.

17. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Hopefully they get better!

18. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing. Well sorry I couldn't put a deer on the board guys. My archery season is done.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

19. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    You gave it your best shot. And don't worry about no points, neither did I!

20. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't feel bad...it's not just about the kill but about the hunt and close encounters. The cool thing about these contests is the chance to meet new people from all over. Going out this afternoon with a friend. Taking him to the farm where my son and I both shot does. Last year the afternoon he was scouting some private land that I hunt(aunt and uncles) I ended up shooting my biggest buck to date(151" 11pointer) only about 30 minutes after he walked behind me. Hopefully that same luck continues today. We would be hunting my aunt and uncle's but last year was a one time deal of letting non-relatives on the land even though it was my aunt that invited him to hunt their property. It is going to be a beautiful day here with temps in the low 30's and we have quite a bit of snow on the ground. Our season ends the 5th of January so I plan to hunt hard for the next week even though the highs for next week are below or around 0. Hopefully that frigid temp will get the big bucks on their feet and hitting the radishes that the farmer planted as a cover crop in my uncle's field.