BOW HUNT OR DIE- The thinghs that you like and the things that you dont?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BH.COM-CLINTON, Dec 22, 2013.

1. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Clinton, Frankie, if you guys do an early season public land try ill do the same! Im not afraid, would be cool! Im not going in blind though, im one that does my home work ahead of time! To some of you that get the impression that we know all our deer it couldnt be farther from the truth! I could have have 30 cams on the 800 i hunt and likely not kill any that i get pics of! Its rare I even get pics of Bucks that I want to shoot! Its working our tail off to do what we do! SO, yeah im game for trying public land in early season, goal set ;)

2. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Pro-staff trading cards.......wonder how much a JZ rookie card would be worth? :p

but with all seriousness,

Is there a list of existing pro-staff members?

the show is VERY solid. I like seeing all the prep work, the reality of bowhunting, the up's and downs. the TRUTH.
    I like the B-roll footage. I personally like seeing the hunter alot, there's only so many birds I can see per show!
    I can't think of anything that would really need to be reworked...SOLID all the way around, makes me work to become a better hunter!

3. BACKSTRAPASSASSIN

BACKSTRAPASSASSIN Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maybe a 40x40 20 ft high fence with a 170 inch deer in it so I can actually see JZ kill a buck......:D.......just kidding im in the same sinking boat this year.......I really enjoy the show.....more so than the outdoor channel ones.....its real people that are not "pro" hunters and that is refreshing to see....its edited really well and doesnt drag on like others do....the only other thing I would like to see is maybe some camera angles from the ground....staged to try and catch a pass through kill shot or something along thos lines......I dont know.....it doesnt need much of anything imo maybe just something a little different like that to shake things up......regardless if they change anything or not I will most def be watching...BHOD

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

4. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    A JZ rookie has no value compared to a Todd Graf rookie ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    What if it's an error card showing JZ with a buck?

6. TAuth41

TAuth41 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Errors like that don't happen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    I have a Turkey tag that needs filed in the morning ;) its only going to be 13 degrees, have I mentioned I love Bowhunting ??

8. gri22ly

gri22ly Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Other than the name of the show being really silly, there is way too much talking and repeating the same thing over and over.

9. C-fused

C-fused Newb

Dislikes Received:
    more dancing girls.

10. bgusty

bgusty Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the idea of some more educational aspects. Show a google earth picture or topo maps, some kind of aerial view and show where you hunt and explain why. I feel that there are a lot of newer hunters (myself included) that would like to pick up some more tips from the people who have gotten very good at bowhunting. Have a couple episodes in the offseason showing what you do with food plots, tree planting, etc. again using aerial views. That even opens up the opportunity to bring in more sponsors from the nursery aspects and food plot stuff.

11. PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em

PiN 'eM & STiCK 'Em Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I really just love the simplicity and honesty of the show. Too often on other shows they try covering their mistakes, "i hit just a touch back," when it was a gut or ham shot, "smoked him!"...when they did anything but. The BHOD crew gains creditbility from owning their mistakes and addressing them, i.e. "The good, bad and ugly" episode. They didnt try hiding the fact there were less than ideal shots made, they addressed them and acknowledged the fact that sometimes bad shots happen. We cant control what happens from the time we release our arrow to when it hits our prey, we can only hope to mitigate errors and make them the exception rather than the rule.

The best part of this show is that its real guys, self-filming or filming with a buddy, its your common blue collar guys that hunt where they have gained/earned rights to hunt, i cant recall seeing an episode where the guys were hunting a guided hunt (correct me if im wrong). To me its more impressive seeing guys hunt like 90% of other hunters do...on private or public land.

I do have one question...why is it that few...if any...hunting shows ever show the damage their broadheads inflict? i mean they talk about the heads they are using, and why they are great.....but they never SHOW the entry and exit holes? To me the best advertisment for a product is SHOWING me what it can do, not telling me. Are there limitations in place as to how much blood/gore can be shown? Just something I've always been curious about.

All in all a great show! Keep puttin em down!

12. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    yes, yes, yes!!

13. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I have watched all of the Episodes many times and they are Very Well Done! I have no complaints. I like how you guys get straight to the point and show the hunts. Then, Todd and Justin break down the hunts and discuss the +/- of each of them. It is setup so well all year long. We get to follow you guys from Turkey Hunting, to Food Plots, Scouting, Trail Cam Pics, Throw in the GTG, then on to the HitList and BAM Hunting Season! It really draws you in. Then, when all goes well, we get to see you guys harvest the bucks you are after. The "pure excitement" you guys share after finally getting a Hitlist Buck you is so cool. You guys do a Great Job of taking us along during your journey to Harvest a Hitlist Buck! What tops it all off is the FORUM! Not only do we get to see you guys do what we all love to do, we can chat with you guys on a daily basis. Trust me when I say THERE IS NOTHING ELSE LIKE IT! Keep Up the Good Work and Thanks for ALL You Guys Do!!

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  14. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Sam we appreciate it.

15. Muzzy Man

Muzzy Man Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I usually scroll through until I see a deer, skipping most of the talking. I do like shows that explain "why" they are hunting a given spot. I still don't understand what 'I smoked him" means with a bow, what is smoking?