Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  2. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ya were getting pounded with snow right now. I was driving and three properties down from mine I counted 12 does/fawns in a field. I was debating pushing them to my house lol

3. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I didn't get out. I was realy chomping at the bit but family obligations come first. I have two weeks left!

4. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got out this morning. I saw one doe and a bunch of turkeys I intended to slaughter...problem was I had a glove on my release hand and when I started drawing I either bumped the trigger or just didn't have the release hooked good....anyway I had a little misfire that doinked in the ground about 15' in front of me and spooked them all like a covey of quail, lol.

Good news is tha tyesterday I pulled the cards from the cameras and Meat Hook, Twin Tower and Gnurley all made it through both MO and KS gun seasons.

5. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well in 2 days we start "Huntcation 3". This time I'll be able to get south to the cabin. I don't foresee a buck in my future at this point but I am taking the first doe I see. I'm going to bring my gear and try to get out Friday night after work.

6. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! You may be surprised and rewarded!

7. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Indy!

I received my Gerbing heated suit yesterday! I hooked it to a battery to try it out and it seems like it's going to work quite nicely. Should be pretty neat to sit in a treestand in cold weather without being uncomfortable, very nice way to extend the season!

8. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Indy good luck.

Covey, no self respecting Canadian wears heat suits lol

My seasons about done. I have until the 31. But 27 I leave to Florida. Christmas I'm busy like everyday. So I really have this weekend left. Ill give it one last shot. Otherwise im eating my doe tag this year.

9. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    At this point any buck will do for me. I haven't really seen anything big around but I may be surprized. I still have until the 31st so we will see. Good luck everyone!

10. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    We go out through the 5th. It's already off to a bad start. We're supposed to get very heavy rain the next 3 days.

11. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    Archery Season in OK ends jan 15th. The next 2 weekends are futzed for a lot of archers because of holiday antlerless gun season dec20-29th. Like Indy, we have bad weather coming in tonight lasting through the weekend...

12. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    That's okay Chago....I'm not a self respecting Canadian :lol:

MO archery goes a long while yet, KS closes the 31st but I still have a bunch of tags. I finished hauling all the grain I'm going to so farm operations are basically done as of today...bad weather or no....I'm going to fill some more tags and work on our doe ratios.

Feeders coming in here probably after new years and a lot of planning to do for spring 2014 for plots, crops, and cover. Have a no-till conference coming up the end of Jan. in Salina KS so that'll be my vacation, lol.

13. okie_flinger

Dislikes Received:
    Woohoo! Vacation in salina!!!

The company I work for is HQed in salina, if you can believe that...

14. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Haha, yeah well it ain't Hawaii by no means but to a guy that sits his butt in a tractor and a dozer seat most of the year and loves agriculture...a three day and four night stay at Courtyard Marriot with an indoor pool, hotub and all decent restaurants within walking distance and days spent talking about agriculture and equipment with farmers and ag profesionals is about as good as it gets outside of deer season :lol:.

15. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Tried this morning but they've actually upped the amount of rain to 3 inches today. Good thing I left my umbrella at my desk at work!

16. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I didn't go out this morning even wit ha heated suit. We had a 1/4" of ice here last night and I wasn't walking around on that or climbing a ladder, lol.

17. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    I was able to get out tonight and saw a huge number of deer, but they were in the corn field a couple hundred yards away on the neighbor's land.

We actually got abou 5.5" or rain yesterday. All the rivers are way out of their banks and there has been a lot of evacuations. Not for us though, animals will start to line up two by two before our house floods.

The next few days look pretty good as far as weather goes. I'm going to miss next weekend though. A friend that lives out in Maryland called and invited me to come duck hunt out in Chesapeke bay. Really looking forward to that!

18. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I've been without power since Friday! Apparently it's going to be up tonight but I'm not expecting much as they have already been changing other areas expected dates to Christmas!!! We had terrible ice storm and its knocked trees and power lines down everywhere. Like literally everywhere. There is something like 1500 outages in the province which is well over 500,000 people withot power. Now it's down to 100,000 people by of course us country folk are left to last. Maybe because we're the only ones intelligent enough to own a generator and know how to make a fire lol city people would all just die within 12 hours without Starbucks. I've been BBQ venison and black bear every night lol

19. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah all us country folk get left in the dark until last every time, same here. We had quite a bit of freezing rain, ended up with almost 1/2" of ice on everything but everything held up pretty well here...no limbs down or power lines. I have two generators, a little bitty one and then my big Lincoln 8 portable welder is also a good sized generator....both gas. I keep some gas stored back just in case and can usually run the house about a week without making a gas run. I haven't had a bulk gasoline tank in years...

20. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just got power back today. 6 full days, crazy!

Ya I have a 8000watt generator, I usually run shop heaters, because usually power outages at worst are 24-30 hours. But this time, the temps dropped to -30celcius which is colder then mars. The heaters couldn't keep up. So I cut a extension cord and wired it to my furnace. Water was still the issue though, really only for toilets. So I kept taking buckets to the creek behind my house and filled up my bathtub. Made like 700 trips LOL

But now the power is on just in time. I cleaned all the cords up, got the house running to the way it used to. All in time as tomorrow morning I hit the road for a warmer climate. Weston FLorida.

I'll be doing some hunting down there as well. Gonna smack a huge hog with the bow!