BOW HUNT OR DIE- The thinghs that you like and the things that you dont?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by BH.COM-CLINTON, Dec 22, 2013.

1. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    So I have been stuck on the couch for the last 36 hours with the flu. To pass the time I have been watching the pursuit and sportsman channel along with anything I can find on the web. I have came to the conclusion that we have a pretty well produced show compared to a lot of the ones that are out there. I haven't watched tv in a long time and was surprised by the lack of quality in the shows that are out there.

So here is my question what do you think of the web show. What are things that we do on the show that you like and dislike? What do you think we could do to make the show better?

2. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    From all the ones I have seen so far they are great. No dislikes from me. It all seems pretty well put together.

3. woodsy211

woodsy211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I watch a lot of pursuit and outdoor channel. Not many shows on there that I really like. As far as BHOD goes, I`ve been watching it for years, and wouldn't change a thing. Great show! Nice job guys!

4. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'd like to see you try and hug Frankie :tu:

5. BH.COM-CLINTON

BH.COM-CLINTON BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    I missed my chance. he probably would of let me after he shot that last one.

6. Kansasbuck

Kansasbuck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the show, its simple and to the point. Yes the guys talk, but they don't go crazy pimping out this product or that. I really hate the 30 minute commercials that are on the outdoor channel. Hunting should be about hunting, and I think this show does a great job of that. I hope they keep it pretty much the way it is.

only two things I would change. 1- included a slow motion clip of the shot after the "encounter" is over. They do this most of the time, but not always. even on a miss, I like to see exactly where the shot went. 2- Justin often says, "just a doe" I wish he wouldn't, but that's just me being picky. It's not really offensive, but I personally hate that phrase.

again, very happy with the show how it is. good job guys!

7. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I like the show. I think it would be a cool idea if you randomly picked one or two active forum members a year to take on a hunt that would be featured on BHOD.

8. woodsy211

woodsy211 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Now your talkin! lol Or maybe, a hunt every now and again filmed by a forum member. Not sure if that would work out, due to sponsors and all.

9. Jacob1

Jacob1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That would be the reason to take someone hunting. The sponsors still get to advertise there products.

10. frenchbritt123

frenchbritt123 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with the overall quality when compared to some of the other shows. I think it has a sense of being real when a lot of the tv stuff seems scripted. There were a couple weeks this year were it seemed like we were in a drought and I would like to see those spots filled in with forum "quality" videos.

Just thinking out loud:

We all like to see young and new hunters get involved. Most instances they are given the ok to shoot any antlered buck they would like. NOBODY SHOWS THIS ANYMORE. I think it would be awesome a couple times a year to show a new deer hunter harvest a small buck. I think it would be great for the new deer hunters to see, yes it is ok. (I honestly think sometimes it is better for the herd if younger bucks are shot and does are not.)

11. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I have watched every episode seasons 1-4 and I think it is a great honest and open show not a bunch of crappy hoity toothy junk!! Every season they step up there a game a little more!! Awesome show keep up the good work and I look forward to the future!! Thank you Todd, Justin, and everyone else that makes the show happen!! Oh yeah my favorite is when Richie Music shoots a deer that dude gets pumped and it reminds me how much I love bow hunting!!

12. Pro V1

Pro V1 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You guys do a great show there's no doubt about it. I really enjoy not having any commercials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I ain't sayin' nothing...last time I did, Justin yelled at me :sad:

14. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I really enjoy the off season stuff, just as much sometimes as the actual kills. So more of that sounds good to me. Scouting, shed hunting, food plots, hinge cutting, prescribed burns, stand placement, etc.
    A 52 week show... :evilgrin:

15. sycamoretwitch

sycamoretwitch Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love and thank you so much for a free show that is uploaded weekly and on time - you all do a great job.

I personally get tired of seeing people "set the stage" for the hunt they are on. Just hunt, it's not about the hunter it's about the animals you are chasing. After all, your taking the life of an animal - too much time is spent on hunters photo bombing their own hunts. I watch hunting shows to see wildlife, not the hunters! So I'd like to see more "scenic" shots and "wildlife" shots than people talking all the darn time! Show us what your looking at - that can tell the story just as well as someone talking. I think a lot of these folks on hunting shows are good folks but they think they are the star of the show, the animals are the starts and without them you wouldn't be on the show - the last thing we need is hunters that want to be the star and talk into the camera too much.

My tjoyghts!

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  16. pastorjim08

pastorjim08 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am pretty recent to watching this show and I think it's really great. Sorry I missed the previous seasons. One thing I would like to see, and I don't know if it's possible because of all the different teams, is a zooming in segment like you see at the end of Greg Miller's show. Just wanting to see the reasons you placed your stand where you did. It's really a great show though.

Blessings.........Pastorjim

17. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I wouldn't really change anything in regards to production. You guys put on the best show around.

My only suggestion is to maybe do a theme show every now and then. Youth hunts as mentioned, or maybe have a "luck of the draw" episode where a few of the pro-staffers draw a public land parcel out of a hat and then they have to hang and hunt that parcel for a weekend. Be interesting to see how they prep, hunt, and how they do.

A lot of us with no access to leases or private land have to do just that every season. even with the best of planning; permission can be revoked, other hunters can hang a stand 20 yards from you, timber can get logged off; any number of things can make you have to relocate to a new area in mid season.

It would be kind of neat to see how the pro staffers would tackle a new area on short notice.

18. tcb3214

tcb3214 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    more shows more often :)

19. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like following their hunting as they do keep it real. It is a film story of their year as it progresses. I would imagine as their kids get older... we will be seeing kid's hunts. They pretty much cover everything that needs to be covered to keep it entertaining.

Keep the other crap out of it. I am sick of scripted reality tv shows, theme shows or any of the other stuff that actually takes away from a show. I don't want to see Justin and Todd dropped off naked with just their Creed to survive a weekend public land hunt. You guys want to watch that crap... there are plenty of those stupid, scripted shows on tv already.

Tim

20. cdemarse

cdemarse Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I enjoy the realness of bowhunt or die episodes. If you make a bad shot you make a bad shot and talk about it. It's real life stuff we all do. You don't try to hide it. Like in the last show when the shot was far back on Cal Ripken. You could see the emotions on his face. That is bowhunting!!