**** Team 9 Double Lung Liquidators *****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by bowhunter448, Aug 19, 2013.

1. bowhunter448

bowhunter448 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Let us know how it goes. I'm starting to get that spring fever already.

2. luke/r

luke/r Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I have to work Thursday so the plan to hunt is out. Hopefully I can get out Saturday!!

3. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Let us know how it goes. Enjoy your day at work (if that's possible :) )

4. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hopeful to get out Saturday morning if I can, but calling for Ice storm right now that morning.

Sunday morning hunt was great...saw more deer than usual. Had a decent 9 pt chase 3 does around and come right by at 10 yards. This is a buck I'd typically pass, but with limited days left (and 2 degree wind chill) I told myself to shoot him. Check out the vid (have my cell phone attached to my bow). I stopped him with a mouth bleat which works 9 out of 10 times...he just needed to give me 2 more seconds as I was just getting my pin on him. I then held out for the last doe but shot was blocked...and then she bolted. Still great morning in the pretty snow.

[​IMG]

5. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't see anything today. Had a couple good ones on trail cam. All night movement though. set a new stand. We'll see in the morning.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

6. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck with the new stand! Send us some trail cam pictures!

7. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    hey boys!!! ive been busy hinge cutting and avoiding the cold weather!! the hinge cutting is already working, I founde 7 beds total today from all the hinge cutting I did a week and a half ago! did some more today, might make it out this weekend for the BIG guy, but he isn't in his winter feeding pattern yet......I have till January 31st...patience is key.....

8. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys long time no talk. didnt get a buck in archery season. never got a deer in rifle. now im hoping for some late season luck. I happened to take a wrong turn coming back from scouting a different area and found a huge farm with all its corn still up .. 95 acres to be exact. They said theyd be cutting it in the next few weeks and late archery stars dec 26th here and goes through jan 11th so hopefully they cut at some point in that time frame. Tracks everywhere and some big rubs on the fringes but i know that if there is a big boy there hes bedded in that corn and is not going to move. But the owner doesnt let gun hunters hunt so that property hasnt been touched in over a month.. hopefully something got pushed in there during rifle season and ill get a shot. Two trail cams are up right now and im on college break till the 5th of january so well see if we can get anything down.

Good luck guys

9. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Planning on getting out Saturday and Sunday. Didn't get anything gun or muzzleloading.

10. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Going to spend the morning working on the Raptor and then the afternoon shopping. Going to pick up my Christmas present. Going to get some Realtree camo.

11. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Got the chain re-installed on the Raptor. I had my oldest, unenthusiastically helping. Now, we're playing a little NASCAR Unleashed, or "the special NASCAR" on the PS3 waiting for Mom and the others to come get us for some errands.

12. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    sounds like fun tim!!! my son is the same way when it comes to helping me, even hinge cutting and watching big trees fall it seemed like torture....lol! now that I think about it, I was the same way when I was that age!

13. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Errands are ran, and we are home. I got a nice Medium weight jacket, bibs, neck gaiter and some gloves, all Realtree. I know that it doesn't matter all that much in the field, but it does to me. Now all I need is a box to store it all in after I wash it.

14. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    It was a good time, nonetheless. He just wanted to plow (my father-in-law gave me and my brother-in-law a 91 Honda four-wheeler with a plow when he got one for his Rhino and I have the extra room in the garage).

How's the hinge cutting going anyways Joe? I'd like to see some more pictures

15. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't been out to cut in a few days. we have some real warm temps high 50-60's the next few days and its still shotgun season, so I don't want to cause to much of a ruckus on my property and push the deer to the orange army which im sure will be out in full force with these warm temps! after the holidays (shotgun ends january2nd) im gonna hit it at full speed, finish the last hinge cut area and then start clearing the 2-3 acre farm field!! my goals for my prop are to hunt directly behind my house 50-60 yards on the edge of the field, with 2 hang on stands max, and to NOT go in deep to the stream where I've usually hunted the past 2 seasons, there is absolutely no reason to go that deep. for my deep hardwoods "need" I have, I will be going back to my roots on state land in CT where it all started for me! Tim, I really like your saying in your sig "Don't be upset by the results you didn't get from the work you didn't do" SO TRUE!!!!!!

16. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a good plan. Are you done hunting for the year then? Or is your hinge cutting and land prep going to create some late bow season opportunities?

My boss didn't like it very much as the background on my computer. He said that there are some people who would be offended by that statement!!

17. Swamp Stalker

Dislikes Received:
    Exactly, hoping for the late season opportunity created by the hinge cutting! I have 2 8 pointers coming through on feeding patterns during the early afternoon. I still haven't seen the BIG guy im after during the daylight yet. i'll be pulling cards tomorrow to see if he's coming through at night yet. I also noticed the smaller/younger bucks are grouping back up again!! I saw the 2 8 pointers come in together, and also driving the truck on Thursday night I had 3 small bucks in a group walk out in the road in front of me.

18. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had a great hunt yesterday afternoon. Hunted the same farm where I killed my doe earlier this fall. The trails are all over out there. Had my Lone Wolf lock-on on my back but by the time I found the spot that I wanted to hunt I decided just to hunt from the ground and make a makeshift blind. Around 4pm I saw a deer coming down from the small ridge to my left and then two more followed. The lead doe got within 30 yards of me but decided that something looked out of place and decided to start stomping at me to try to get me to move. She was broadside but my bow was still facing the trail that she was coming down plus there was a branch in the way. Also even if I would have had a shot I don't think I would have taken it because she was on full alert and that could have made for a very bad shot. So after about 10 minutes of trying to get me to move she snorted and ran back to the other deer and then they headed off to my left. At about 4:30pm I was texting on my phone when I looked up and there was a deer about 50 yards away. So I grabbed my bow off the branch I had it hanging on and waited for the deer to come down the trail. After the deer moved I saw that it had something sticking above it's head and saw it was a small buck. Somewhat disappointed because I was after a doe or a big buck what happened next was cool. Instead of following the trail he came in right at me. At about 10 feet he stopped, his eyes got real big when he realized something was sitting on the log in front of him :) He then ran back to the trail and stopped broadside 15 yards away(young bucks are so dumb :) ) He then trotted up the small ridge to my right. I knew that I has seen a second deer when I first saw him so I was hoping that it was a big buck, but it was just a slightly big 1.5 yr old with only one side. When the first one trotted off he then trotted by at about 10 yards. So even though I didn't kill anything still had an awesome hunt. Planning on hunting Sunday afternoon down at my uncles in my blind on the edge of the field planned with radishes.

19. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a good hunt nonetheless. Hopefully your uncle's blind give a little bit of success!

20. bowhunter448

Dislikes Received:
    How many points for jack rabbits? 2013-12-23 14.04.48.jpg Took this guy at about 15 yards this afternoon. I had my oldest son with me. We brought his bow, but quickly grew tired of carrying his bow. We stopped by the archery range for him to do a little shooting. 2013-12-23 15.16.25.jpg He was so proud that he stuck the 3D bear! I also opened up my December issue of Peterson's Bowhunting, and my question was in their Q & A section 2013-12-23 10.12.42.jpg . All in all, great first day of vacation!