****Team 3 -Rising Tines****

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by WiscoBowHunter, Aug 19, 2013.

1. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like a near Christmas baby there Neal!

My Dad talked me into picking up a gun deer tag for this coming weekend. Will b carrying the Savage bolt action 20 ga. Not to excited as the highs are only supposed to be in the teens this weekend. Yikes! At least my 70 yr old father will have his son with to experience hypothermia!

2. michael_pearce

michael_pearce Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Neal......
    Jen and I are expecting our third daughter mid January..
    well I don't know if Wisco jinxed us but I had my first experience of someone taking a deer.I shot a big doe at first light my shot was a bit back wait a little bit tracjed her a couple hundred yards to a rd mark last blood there left for a bit came back cross the road and you could see where she died and somebody dragged her out.
    so I said again for that afternoon and had deer all over me.one big shooter came out but ran across field like a bolt of lightning

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

3. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about the doe Mike. Just scouted and checked cams where I hoped to hunt with my dad this weekend. Not a single pic since 11/22 and not a single deer track along the entire perimeter of the property. This typically happens every year, but usually not until the beginning of the new year as they "yard" together. Hopefully the pressure of the 2nd gun weekend will push some deer (and a big buck!) To the property. Good luck everyone!

4. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Broke down and bought a 30-06 since bow season has been slow for me. However, that being said I am only planning one rifle hunt. Over the Christmas break I will be out as often as possible in a couple of different areas with the ZXT and hopefully put one down and get some points up for us. I'm dead weight right now LOL
    Speaking of dead weight, anyone hear from Bowhunter29 again? He doesn't respond to PMs lol

5. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Neal / Mike, congrats to both of you on your upcoming new additions to your families. Neal, you were 100% correct on this being a hard season. I just hunted Monday evening, Tuesday morning and evening, and this morning. I seen two Does Tuesday morning and that was it. We have a major cold front coming through tonight, and this will have to get them moving. I've been saying that all season though. lol. I have to work the next three days and then I will hit the woods again. I guess if I get lucky enough to get a Deer, I better not let it out of my sights. ha ha. That's pretty bad that two guys on our team have had Deer taken. Well good luck to everyone still hunting.

6. mads10bass

mads10bass Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Today I really wish I had a climber! Big cold front coming in and I'm stuck home shooting at a target.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

7. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Ugh it's 74 degrees here right now

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

8. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    13 here. I will take 74 any day!!

4.5 hours to that 5:00 Friday beer. Woo-hoo!!

9. WiscoBowHunter

WiscoBowHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We'll have been hunting hard! Has not paid off yet but the rut is still going hard! I didn't jinx it it's just what people have come to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wednesday I didn't feel so hot but decided to tough it out and hunt anyways. Ended up seeing 2 mature doe, 2 yearlings and a yearling buck opposite end of the field as always. The funny part was the yearling buck was chasing the 2 fawns around back and forth, but the second he got by the mature does he would cease chasing and put his head down to eat. It was pretty funny, not sure if it was late rut activity or just playfulness. Then I really wasn't feeling so hot coming out of the woods and got home and pretty much passed out for 2 days with some type of stomach bug, finally coming around feeling a bit better. Hoping to get out monday again, hope everyone is still seeing deer.

On the bright side I got an insane deal on some scent-lok gear monday, hoping that will come in soon, I'm was over due on a new jacket.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  11. mads10bass

mads10bass Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    A lot of movement reported back at my spots and I'm stuck at work! These last few weeks will be hit hard for me to get a few more points for this team!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

12. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    We'll I'm going to head back out Tuesday and Wednesday hope it pays off this time around

13. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I made it out tonight, 11 degrees out , lite snow, the Deer gotta be moving. Nope, nothing. I did see some fresh tracks crossing my Uncles driveway when I was leaving tonight, so I know there are some still around. lol. Well good luck to everyone still at it.

14. rizzo999

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted Thurs-Sun with my Dad during IL's second gun weekend. We saw zero deer over 4 days hunting 3 different properties. It will take a few days to warm up again. Looks luke my season is done. Filled enough freezers this year anyways! Good luck guys!

15. michael_pearce

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I'm still trying to get one for us just been a really tuff season here.
    Numbers are down across most of the state this year.
    Gonna get tougher for me since the water is starting to freeze up and it's time to stock up on some fish

16. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    I'm headed to the woods tomorrow, I'm one step closer on a 4 year old 7 pointer! Good luck everyone!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

17. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    We had a decent early snowfall here, hit it early the next afternoon figured the deer would be pouring into the fields, but they never showed up. I'm thinking with the full moon around the corner and snow on the ground the deer really have no reason to move during daylight hours as it is so bright at night, which is really the only thing I can think of. I pulled my cams and had a handful of small bucks at night and a few does and tons of coyotes as normal, movement for sure seems to be down by my stands anyways.

Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays and some cold late season hunting!

18. Schuls

Dislikes Received:
    Rain spoiled the chance today, looks better tomorrow so hopefully I'll be able to get in the stand!

19. CRABCLAW

CRABCLAW Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I made it out last night, and actually had a great sit. First I seen two young Bucks together, a 4 pointer and a 6 pointer. The 6 pointer offered up a perfect broadside shot at 15 yards, but first off we have a 4 point restriction and second I wouldn't have shot him anyways due to the fact he was to young. Then 15 minutes later I had seen 3 Does and a fawn, the one Doe was heading in on the same trail that the 6 pointer had come in on earlier, but then she decided to head back to where the other 3 were, and they went by out of range. I really thought I was gonna get to let one fly. Oh well it was nice to finally see something. I am gonna try to get out tomorrow, as I am going to be down to 6 days I will be able to hunt before the season ends. Well good luck to anyone still at it.

20. Ghilie

Ghilie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Crab, that sounds like a great sit!

We just had another good snow storm last night with about 12 inches dumped on the ground. I'm going to see if I can get out on an over cast day this week because I think that will be my only chance with the bright moon and snow now.