Team 20- Buck Dynasty Official Thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by jfergus7, Aug 19, 2013.

1. CMTRAV

CMTRAV Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys glad to see the bone hit the ground. It has been a great year. Hopefully we can get a great push towards the end of the contest. Its gun season here in Ohio so I will be out on Friday with the bow trying to take my last doe for the season. Then the hard work will begin looking for a new property for next year. Not sure if I will have access to my property next year so I am going to start trying to find a place to hunt.

Good Luck guys and keep up the good work.

2. finner

finner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, looks like were on a roll. congrats to the guys who got bucks recently, i didnt shoot nothing rifle season seen a few small bucks and thats it. The deer started there annual migration last weekend. I might get out this weekend with the bow again and sit on a migration run, its supposed to get real cold and snowy for the next few days so it should be good, does are on the menu now too so if i dont score on a buck ill try and at least take a doe for the team.

3. kansasfever

kansasfever Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like we are getting up there fellas. Lets keep this thing going. Good luck to those going out in the coming weeks. I wont be able to get out much in the next couple of weeks with different functions I have to accomplish on the weekends. I plan on heading back to Missouri later this month or in early January to try to fill my tags on some public land. Have climber will travel kind of deal. Hope everyone has a great holiday season and good luck!

4. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    Well i went out in middle of the night yesterday and moved a hang on for this weekend! I can only shoot Doe's now and cant offer more team points but having fun being out there! There still chasing as of last weekend! I had 2 Does come in but from wrong way! There were 3 1.5 bucks following. I was going to shoot Doe but got Bow hung in HSS teather trying to get turned around, hence the stand move! Good luck gents!

5. carnivore1

carnivore1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, looks like we're doing well. I have hunted pretty hard this season and just haven't seen the deer numbers we usually see. Between EHD, the drought and over-harvesting does, I think the Kansas herd is way down in some spots. The rifle season started today, and being a meat locker owner, my free time is gone for the next week and a half. I will get back after it later in the month. I have some good food sources to hunt, so hopefully I can get into some deer in the late season. Good luck to everyone still hunting.

6. kansasfever

Dislikes Received:
    I agree with your assessment of Kansas bud. It has been tough and I haven't seen the numbers I am used to seeing. Patterns have changed and deer have been pushed out of some of my normal spots. I have scouted some new areas for next year and am going to try an beat the pavement to gain some new ground for next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just trying to liven the thread again! Im trying to fill my last tag, a bonus antlerless! Last 2 sits have been 7 Bucks and 2 Does! Woulda had it done but they came from wrong way, had to place camera between me and tree and got my Bow hung up in harness teather trying to get turned. The Does busted me :( who is still hunting?

8. austin97

austin97 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Im still hunting, hunted in 14" of snow this past week.

9. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    Trying to hunt
    But with holiday commitments and work just been tough
    I have one tag left and want to fill it in have till Feb 2 so I still have time
    Have to work on finding new property for next year as I will be losing my current property

10. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still hunting. Can't shoot another buck till the 1st of January. Will get many sits on Christmas break

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

11. kansasfever

Dislikes Received:
    I will be heading to Missouri in two weeks to try to fill two tags. Hopefully I can put two bucks on the ground. I am all but done here in Kansas. I have one doe tag left so we shall see if I can put another one down.

12. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone still hunting? Temps are single digits around Chicagoland right now but hoping to get out this weekend. I haven't given up yet.

13. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck! Keep us posted!

14. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Now that the us bow hunters are allowed to hunt once again, Ill be at it hard till the end of the season, hoping for a bruiser over some standing corn or beans. Good Luck everyone

15. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm working my tail off and also dealing with kids, holidays, etc., but I'm not done yet!! :tu:

16. CMTRAV

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be out this evening and hopefully tomorrow evening
    We are suppose to get some good snow accumulation tomorrow hopefully push the deer

17. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Keep after em guys!! I skipped today in quest for one more Doe! It was raining about all morning and afternoon! Its cleared out so im going to try in the morn!

18. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Unreal, cant find a Doe but covered in Bucks! 3 Bucks this morn, biggest was a 10 about 105" @ 8 yards

19. Tim Ainsworth

Tim Ainsworth BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Deer were def. feeding hard in the afternoons hitting our standing corn and bean plots. Unfortunately, as usually is the case, the shooter we did see cam in to late and all other bucks that did get close just weren't big enough... Hopefully next weekend it'll happen for me. On a side note, Boy was it cold this weekend!

20. finner

finner Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Were covered up with snow here we 34" of snow on the ground! 88" total far this season and most of its come since dec 1st the joys of lake effect snow,and to top it off its been brutal cold too, i havent been out in a while, muzzle season just finished up here this past weekend. The deer are all migrating now, most going and not taking there time to get to there winter yards here. I plan to get out this weekend and try my lateseason spot this weekend were i hunt every year it should be good still for a couple weeks there unless we get hammered with alot more snow. if thats the case ill head to south closer to there yarding area and give that a shot. Good luck guys!