Any Waterfowlers?

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Just Passin thru, Sep 2, 2013.

1. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Here is one of my favorite recipes and its so easy.
    Take a mallard size duck and cut the breast into three strips. A smaller duck can be cut into two strips. Marinate in a Dales steak sauce and some garlic for at least a few hours. Wrap in bacon and put on a hot grill,500 degrees or better.Let cook on one side for about 5 minutes and flip for about 3 minutes.
    Its so good it'll make you slap your momma!

2. JCraig

JCraig Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just like any wild game/red meat for me. Buttered pan, salt and pepper. Medium Rare.. Perfection

3. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Just a little photo update of my season. Not bad so far. Brought the double gun out the other day, got a teal. Something about duckin with an over/under shoot straight boys!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382575189.486785.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382575205.572913.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382575222.190619.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382575242.538513.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382575257.611081.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382575275.549834.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382575289.738270.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1382575303.918902.jpg

4. ntjohnnson

ntjohnnson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I used to eat ducks until I saw the mallards at the sewage plant eating corn....

5. sbox

sbox Newb

Dislikes Received:

Dont count out the GSP for being a water/retriever..My Maverick is one hell of a retriever, never been on a upland hunt in his life..Loves ducks, loves the water..just like his papa..

6. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    Went out this morning, got a Black Duck and three Mallards out of a corn field. Good shooting! 1380700_10202577077771877_310203977_n.jpg

7. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
  8. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Our season opens in 23 days.BRING. IT. ON. I looked at one of my spots today and it there was a few birds.

9. JCraig

Dislikes Received:
    10 more days in my zone with an extra week to kill some geese. After that I'll have to wait til around Christmas to go back home to the coast and tangle with the sea ducks. Can't wait! Numbers are starting to diminish here, most of the ducks have moved on it seems. Still getting some decent shooting in though!

10. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    8 more days. Bird numbers are building nicely. Got my last blind put out today. New puppy is looking good. I've got most of my shells loaded. Decoys are ready. Boats ready. Grnhd is....READY!
    You boys north of west Ky, what are the bird numbers looking like up there. Lots of birds left? All gone?

11. MN_Bowhunter4

MN_Bowhunter4 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I have been waterfowl hunting for ten years. Had my best hunting dog called Bella the Bounty Hunter. Shes a golden retriever and can be up there with the best. Shes retrieved woodducks in corn fields due to poor shooting over water. I love every second of it. Once you in your hooked. You will have a blast. If you want any advice just shoot me an e-mail. I can tell you exactly what not to do. Also join a local Ducks Unlimited chapter as you will meet like minded people who share the same passion.

12. flystraightandtrue

flystraightandtrue Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im a die hard, marsh water runs in my veins. Bow season is just something to do until duck season starts if you ask me. I guide in alaska in the early fall, and come home and burn it up with my bros the rest of the year. Nothing is sexier than a big ol group of canadas just clearing the corn stalks all the way across a field and coming out of my blind and putting a wad through their chest. mallards bowed up nasty coming over the cattails, and nothing is more relaxing than watching a lake erie sunset from a layout boat and thousands of bluebills coming across the lake in clouds.
    111.jpg 1.jpg

13. OK/Sooner

OK/Sooner Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We went out this morning and found a few blue bills. If we could have shot straight I would have had a limit.

Also found a stump.... [​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

14. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yep. Been there done that, unfortunately more than once. My skegs and props take a beating. And the sad thing is I know I'll do it again:rock:

15. RayJ

RayJ Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I love duck hunting too.Grew up hunting ducks in the 70's.Started bowhuntjng in 1990 and fell in love with that.I usually start duck hunting the Friday after Thanksgiving.It is special to see a group of Mallards with wings cupped,coming into the decoys.By the way,I hunt ducks with a muzzle loader shotgun.Talk about challenging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. greatwhitehunter3

greatwhitehunter3 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It's unreal how little I've waterfowl hunted this year. I went 5 weeks without hunting waterfowl :sad:

Harvest kicked in and it was go-go-go for that entire time, leaving me time for work, farming and sleeping. Finally got out this past Sunday. Very disappointed in the number of birds I saw. Weather didn't help much though with fog and low lying clouds.

Did manage 2 honkers and 2 greenheads. And a band! :rock:

Goose was banded in 2007 making it a pretty old bird.

[​IMG]

17. Rory/MO

Rory/MO Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    We've been flat wearing them out so far this year. Here's a video from the first week of the season that's pretty cool.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  18. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Man, if y'all had some water I bet you couldn't shoot 'em out. I was surprised you got the birds that you did. Great video! Nice big bunches of birds.Very nice!
    Boys, I'm down to less than 24 hours and its ON!:nana:

19. solocamin1

solocamin1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Its really crazy how many people are starting to waterfowl hunt you guys are coming outta every where its all because that damn gay duck dynasty show ive been hunting deer , pheasent , and ducks since i was 10 and i cant believe how many people the last 2 years are doing it i basiclly quit.all the people you see out there to have some gay beards to like those guys its kinda stupid in my opinion i just love to laugh at every one when i see them its to damn funny. Just deer and bow hunting pheasents for me now.

20. Just Passin thru

Just Passin thru Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    No need to hijack a good thread here.....