What is the best part of bowhuntjng for you?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by RayJ, Nov 18, 2013.

1. RayJ

RayJ Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For me,the very best part of the hunt is after I have shot a deer(buck or doe),and following a blood trail,then seeing that white belly lying on the ground.It only lasts a second but the initial feeling of seeing the deer lying dead on the ground is the very best part of the hunt for me.It may only happen 2 or 3 times a year but that's what keeps me going out there.Sure,I enjoy the beauty of God's creation and just like being outdoors but "happiness is a warm gutpile".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. b_walte15

b_walte15 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Time spent in God's great creation without the stress of everyday life for me..

3. Kruser

Kruser Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Its the feeling of being 100 miles away from the city when in fact I am only probably 2 miles away. Seeing nature in its natural state also.

4. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love being in a tree when the woods wake up. My heart starts to pound when a deer walks out into my view. Last year I shot a buck and when the arrow hit the air around the buck fill with a red mist that was awesome! I don't know, there's nothing I don't love about bowhunting!

5. JakeD

JakeD Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Seeing bucks on the hoof that I have trail cam pics of, and watching them grow from year to year. I also really like walking up to one after they are old enough to shoot and finally putting my hands on those antlers.

6. Lung Buster

Lung Buster Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sunrise and sunsets!! I have seen more than most people could imagine!!!

7. grnhd

grnhd Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That rush I get when I get a deer in close and I'm preparing for the shot!! I love that rush!

8. Lastoneout

Lastoneout Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I couldn't just pick one aspect

9. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Strategy and analyzing the aspects to plan a successful hunt.

10. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Totally agree.... I've Come to the point that even if I don't see a deer yet alone harvest 1 that just being out in the woods is good for me and puts my outlook on life even more grand.... That's why I don't go out much anymore in real cold weather, rain, and very high winds.

<+>< Ps 46: 1 ><+>

11. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I love the woods. I love mother nature and being humbled by her. I love being so close to one of the smartest animals, that rush really does it for me. I love seeing buck sign! Rubs and scrapes are really fascinating to me. I love the alone time. To walk the woods and not hear traffic, or people, or really anything but the wind and the woods. I love my gear and putting all of it to use. I don't have any gear that doesn't have a purpose. If it doesn't have a purpose I don't buy it. I love tracking a blood trail. And finally I love walking up an animal and feeling that gratitude and feeling of success.

I LOVE BOWHUNTING!!!!!!!! :tu:

12. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can't pick just one thing. I love it all. I get down on myself sometimes when I'me not seeing deer, but there is still too much good about bowhunting that I would never quit due to that.

13. RayJ

RayJ Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I also concur with everything written above.I'm thankful to God that he has allowed me to enjoy his creation.There are millions of people who never experience what we do as bowhunters.They don't know what they are missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. donut757

donut757 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    i would have to say my favorite part in the whole scheme of things is the preparation. checking the camera, gettings trees ready to climb/setting stands, and walking the land during the winter... not to mention all of them activities give me an excuse to ride the fourwheeler around. but getting an idea of where the deer are and being able to apply that kowledge during the 1.5 months i bow hunt has been a very much enjoyable. now i was unable to harvest a deer this.bow season but i know they were/are thrre once the pressure got to them in black powder season. it was a pretty tuff last two weeks.

during the actual hunt i love the feeling of watching the deer walk in. whether its in shooting range of not, just love the excitement of the deer strolling towards you, past you, or around you.

15. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Getting away from school and life.

16. Granny's Slaughter House

Granny's Slaughter House Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There are so many for me. I'd first have to say, to get closer to God. You see, I am forever grateful for what He's given me this year. I feel like I've had my world rocked for the last 3 years. Im thankful for all I've been given in life and know even the bad played a big role in who I am and why I am the way I am.

The air. Something special about the fall air. The littlest creatures in His back yard. I love watching them frolic and play! The close encounters when I play the wind right. I've had so many sitting or laying on the ground... it makes me feel like I've had a successful hunt even though nothing died. The signs of His creatures. I enjoy looking at and for them.

The Peace. Hunting gives me Peace. I know at the close of my hunt each day that something may fall at my hands for the greater of me and my family. God has provided that for me to go out and seek. I view every hunt as a successful adventure, to enjoy all of it's moments, even the slow ones where nothing is seen but beauty. I love it all.

17. parkersdad

parkersdad Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Getting them close and the feel of success after it happens.

18. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Time in the wood with friends. No doubt.

(ps...nice video with Kim ;) )

19. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    For me, its the camo cargo shorts.

20. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Besides actually shooting and recovering a deer, the close encounters are my favorite. Having a deer walk right under your stand trumps any other hunting experience.