**Team 8 Venison Vigilantes Official Thread**

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by jlbmarine, Aug 19, 2013.

1. msigman

msigman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Dmen. I lost a decent buck to a land owner that refused me access Friday night. Keep at it!

2. TeeJay

TeeJay Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    -5 degree here in the am. F that I'm sleeping in

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk now Free

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Still nothing. I set up a ground blind tonight near a creek crossing where there are tons of tracks. No deer came out today, but I imagine I made a lot of noise setting up and clearing brush out of the way, as well as trying to brush it in. But the big bucks bed across the creek in heavy cover, so I'm hoping I can draw them out with some rattling and a decoy. I'm taking off work both Thurs and Fri, but then gun season opens on Saturday for 16 days. I'll still hunt a bit during gun season, but have to wear blaze orange during gun season. I hope I take the big one down on Thursday!

4. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Heading out today and tomorrow. Temp is dropping all day here. Expecting SNOW SHOWERS this afternoon. Here in Raleigh, WOW! Wind Chill in the teens tonight and high around 40 tomorrow.

5. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    good luck!

6. Marauder

Marauder Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Keep at it boys that's I can say. I went all day again yesterday with the winds still blowing at 15 mph plus. I feel the deer by me just don't move in that. Well it was also very cold. 15ish with the wind is what my p.c. said. I froze my butt off! Well anyway I didn't see anything in the morning and decided it was too cold to sit in the woods for lunch. I took my camera with cuz I had thirty something pics. Mostly all were does and fawns with a couple yearling bucks. Well after I ate and took a quick nap I headed back out there. I snuck in the stand and the wind didn't die down. Let me tell you I'm frustrated with this wind because the last three sits it's been blowing hard in my face. Well I didn't see anything and decided it's time to quit. I maybe had a few minutes left but I was so cold I could barely stand. I lowered my bow and climbed down and right there a deer snorts and takes off! I couldn't tell what it was but it sucks to sit all day and the moment I'm leaving I get busted at the bottom of the tree.

Well I won't be in the woods until Thursday but November 14th is usually a special day for me. I've shot two decent bucks on November 14th so we'll see what happens. :tu:

7. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice kills guys!! keep at em. I don't think they added my buck to our scorecard! Did I miss something? Two pics with deer & bow and score of buck. Not sure whats going on.

8. msigman

msigman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It hasn't been updated since the 3rd.

9. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ya Fitz just hasn't gotten to it

10. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am glad it is not my responsibility, looks like a lot of deer went down this weekend. Hoping to hit the woods this weekend, hopefully this cold front will bring a big boy within range.

11. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Update for Marauder:

Today I work 3 to 11 so no hunting today but on a side note I went in to bait earlier and check my camera and I've got a new wide six pointer on camera also with Brutus the big eight pointer. I actually have a pic of them sparring.

Tomorrow I will be getting into the stand early for a morning hunt and then an afternoon hunt pending if I get one.

I also have off friday to hunt all day if needed.

Here's a pic of the two bucks.
    WGI_0094.jpg WGI_0095.jpg WGI_0097.jpg

12. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Go get em!

13. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Down to a day and a half left of my Kansas hunt. Not looking good, the wind is howling right now. My tree is all over the place. My standards have dropped, so hopefully a nice one comes thru.

14. LSU327

LSU327 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Keep us posted; best of luck.

15. Suncrest08

Suncrest08 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ok my bad, it Gota be rough taking care of that stuff. Best of luck fellas.

16. msigman

msigman Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ill be out tomorrow morning, and evening and hoping I don't get blown away from the wind, but I need to knock down a deer to fill the freezer.

17. SharpEyeSam

SharpEyeSam Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I am heading out in the morning too. 25 degrees here in the AM and I have been good pics of deer chasing hard.

18. Marauder

Dislikes Received:
    Ok Guys somethings up in the woods I hunt and it's not the rut. I sat in my treestand from 5:58 a.m. to 4:55 p.m. and didn't see a deer all day. That's nearly 11 straight hours in the woods and only saw squirrels. Also I saw another hunter who was attempting to put up a stand not too far from mine. At first I hear the truck drive through and stop. Then about 20 mins later I hear crunching leaves and I thought it may have been a deer. Nope it was some smuck who decided to make a lot of racket about 2 o'clock in the afternoon. He stuck around for an hour then left. I wasn't really mad cuz it's public after all. I just don't like when some guys decide they want to put a stand in right before rifle season during the rut. It's the best time for deer movement unless there's people walking through which unfortunately is what I had. I'm gonna give it another go tomorrow. On a sidenote, however it was extremely beautiful watching the sun come up today. :tu:

19. dmen

dmen Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I struck out in Kansas. Passed alot of smaller bucks, had a nice encounter with a decent 10pt at noon today, the wind just was not right unfortunately and he spooked out about 10 yards from my shooting lane which would have given me a 20 yards shot. I could have hunted tomorrow morning, but honestly I am burnt out and just want to get home to the wife and kids. 10 days is a long time for me to be away from my family.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  20. huntalot

huntalot Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Last weekend before the orange army hits the woods. Going to hit it hard This weekend starting tonight.