Team 17- The Most Interesting Bowhunters in the World

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by headstrong, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Krohboy

Krohboy Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't make it out this morning. Bars got a little crazy last night. I won't be drinking for awhile after that lol so I'll be out the rest of the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

My brothers buck from last night.

[​IMG]

My cousin shot this buck tonight at my grandparents farm. Been a hell of a year for us.

3. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome bucks, didn't realize you guys were cousins. You guys are putting down some great deer this year thats for sure. :tu:

4. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well they weren't chasing like I thought they would be here. I sat all but about 45 minutes today and I saw a couple does before shooting light about 200 yards out and a little 4 point buck that came in about 7 o'clock a little over 100 yards out they all just crossed the field and kept on moving.

After that it was completely dead until the sun was about down. The wind was brutal all day steady at about 18-20 and gust up to 30 so it got chilly. With about a half hour left of daylight I saw a big body deer way off like 400 yards and he crossed the road into a timber then I turn check behind me and there is a doe starring right in my direction. She came in down wind of me and it took her a few minutes to realize she didn't like what was ahead and her and her fawns turned around and trotted off. I was frustrated to say the least, I sit all day and get busted the last minutes of shooting light, when she would have came right passed my stand for a easy shot.

I won't be going out tomorrow morning, hanging out with the family before I head back to school in the afternoon. I am going to try and get back out tuesday as long as I get my new backpack straps for my climber, jeez it has been a rough week in school and hunting for me. I hope it gets better, Good luck to you guys going out tomorrow. Sorry for the long post just had a lot to say tonight.

5. kskcheche

kskcheche Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sat and Sun mornings, skunked! Deer just aren't moving according to cameras.

6. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't see anything either. Apparently someone decided yesterday to use the stand I was saving to not over hunt on my land. Found chip and candy wrappers to clean and saw the blood from a kill, probably the two shots I heard yesterday that sounded too close. Nice that the only ones following no trespassing signs are the deer

7. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Bummer man,

Good luck to all you guys this week! My cams have been showing alot of daylight activity...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
  8. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    Big boys are still moving at nigh though...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

My setup tonight

10. Krohboy

Dislikes Received:
    It is wicked cold here in SD. I'll put this way I have new Sitka gear in the mail!

11. Turro

Turro Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome pics simon. You've definitely got some solid deer around.
    Kinda excited for tomorrow. Pending some lab work wife may be induced. Could be holding my little man tomorrow this time or fairly soon after.

12. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Turro!

13. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I put this in the main forum, but....

One of the guys videoing for me, Craig Heisserer, had his entire setup of gear stolen.

He hunted the corner of a cut corn field on his lease in Southern IL yesterday evening. Knowing he was going to hunt the same spot this morning, he left his Muddy camera arm, bow and backpack hanging in the tree. When he arrived this morning it was all gone, along with his Millennium treestand and stick ladder. Obviously some one has been watching them from a distance and knew exactly where he was hunting.

Luckily he took his camera home with him. If it wasn't calling for rain, he was going to throw a hood over it and leave it as well. It's still a big loss. I would love to catch some one stealing something of mine one day. I know Craig would like to find this guy.

14. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks. I hope that they get that SOB!

15. dawg007

dawg007 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  16. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    That sucks DD, may I ask why he left everything in the woods? Sounds way to risky and like it would get too wet for my comfort.

17. Krohboy

Dislikes Received:
    Doing well. Therapy is going well. The local community chipped in and had the crops out before she left the hospital so that was huge for moral.

18. atlasman

atlasman Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys.........just popped back home for a day break and heading back out for 3 last days with the bow and then rifle starts Saturday.

Not sure what to say. My brother stuck a nice one and since that day our entire piece of land (300+ acres) has just gone silent. I mean nothing man. We can't even find a doe for over a week now. All day sits last couple days netted me a cruising 4 pt and a doe with button buck in tow. Food plots are empty. Woods are empty. No deer coming into field at night.

I just don't know. No bucks and I'd understand how it's possible. No does either?? WTF???

I'll do my best to whack a doe for us but honestly without a change of luck it looks like I'm taking my tag into the late season. Sorry guys, I could have killed a bunch of OK bucks already and many does lives were spared by their little ones. Wish I was helping the team more but we have 3 bucks over 140 spotted from stands already and usually the hunting gets crazy better towards gun. Not this year.

Still trying my arse off. 3 all day sits left weather permitting. If I don't score it won't be from a lack of effort. Last couple days my standards tend to loosen up as well :lol:

My brothers buck.........been a few years for him so VERY happy for him. Worked his butt off for him calling him in from 100 yards down in a thicket to a face to face stare down at 20 yards then when he decided to leave my brother center punched his heart at 33 yards though a tight shooting lane. Well earned buck, congrats to my bro!!

Attached Files:

19. Soggy McBottom

Soggy McBottom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys I'm back on the grid. After 10 days in the woods and getting caught up at work I finally have time to check in. It was pretty slow. I did see several small bucks but only a few shooters. I filmed my pals hunt if you guys want to check it out. It starts about the 9:40 mark: GL13.12: Second Chance Buck | Midwest Whitetail

I will need to go back and see how you guys have been doing. Looks like i'm about 4 pages behind!!!!

20. Siman/OH

Dislikes Received:
    It'll come together Atlas, your a deer hunting animal so I'm not worried.
    The
    Good luck Soggy! I'll check that video out when I get on the laptop.

I got my girlfriends video done last night and posted this morning so I'll get that up too when I get a chance.