Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Chago you must have had a blast! That's a mess of ducks. Which one in the picture is you?

CM those are nice deer! I don't get to see many like that around here. That's awesome!

I checked my camera Monday and only had doe and coyote. :0(

2. buckhunter1988

buckhunter1988 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Those are some very nice bucks there covey. My season starts this Saturday coming so I took 2 of my Pto days for sat and Monday so hopefully ill be able to get some points on the board for us. If I can get my pa buck in October I plan on hunting Ohio in November cause I have like 10 Pto days left. Goodluck to everyone hunting and ill try to get it done for the team.

3. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, good news. Today I secured my most hopeful spot. It's 350 acres, surrounded by thousands of public land, tens of miles away from any public land parking. I haven't taken any deer off of it, yet. The issue with the place is that it's an hour and a half from my house. Mostly, I go to work early friday so i can leave early, head down there and stay and hunt the following saturday morning.

I will probably go down Friday after work this week and pick a few spots. There's a great ceder patch and they funnel out in one spot. Last year it was rub and scrape city, I just never saw a buck in shooting hours.

4. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I must be getting old, I used to do that. I would drive 3 hours to hunt, now I don't like driving 1/2 hour. I guess if I were going to camp at least a few days it would be different. Looks like I'll be driving that 1/2 hour this year. My usual spots don't look to promising. There's a spot I love, lots of space, lots of deer, not much hunting pressure, but I have to drive that half hour. LOL

5. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Well the last 16 hours have been quite a time... Last night I was laying down to bed when I am awoken with a 5 year old daughter with a broken arm. So we rushed to the hospital and got her arm fixed up, got her at home and in bed by 1 am. Then I was up at 3:30 for a huge presentation. Tomorrow we go to get it set and casted. She's been a trooper though.

The plan was to get out and hunt that property Friday after work, but now it's looking like I'll be hanging out with little bit all day (not complaining at all!!), work Saturday, and maybe get out and hunt Sunday. Most likely it will be next weekend before I make it out... oh well, at least it's early!

Still pumped about the property. I haven't touched it at all. I'm taking the virgin land approach. last year there was a HUGE droptine in that area. He haunted me all last season.

6. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hope the little one is okay.
    Yeah you're lucky to get to hang out with your kids, I'm still single and think it would be cool to have a family...just never happened. Makes me mad to hear people complain about having kids...I figure if they complain about having them maybe they don't deserve them.

Hopefully that droptine has gained about 100" since last year and you get a chance at him.

7. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's never too late to have family, Brent,, if you want one... I am 49 and have a 2 Year old daughter and a 1 month old son. I'm sure glad I waited until I was ready...

8. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Okie! Yeah I still have time I guess, I just turned 38 this past Friday. I was almost hitched my senior year of high school and thought kids were in the very near future then and things just fell apart and didn't work out. Which I was thankful for at the time and still am, considering the circumstances at the time. I was not ready at all for that, I guess that scared me a little too much, lol.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being single and no kids but I think I'm about at the end of the long lasting childhood at this point, lol. The bachelor thing is getting old now as of about two years ago, haha. What's meant to be will be I guess...I am hoping to build a new house someday in the near future and thought that might be a good start to getting serious about "family time".

9. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    No worries Brent, some people just start later, we all do on some things.

Adding 100" would be pretty sweet. 270" deer, yeah I'd put an arrow in that one

10. buckhunter1988

buckhunter1988 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hope ur lil ones doin good now and the whole kid thing that's a toss up. I mean if u have em young its either gonna make you grow up a lot faster or maybe it could hurt ya in the long run. I got lucky the woman I've been with since high school is ok with me not wanting kids till I'm in my thirtys. I always figured don't take on more then what you can handle and are ready for. I wanna make sure I can support my family and give they everything they want and need and even tho I'm 25 I'm almost there but since I work in the gas and oil field I wouldn't be home a lot so I'm gonna put another 5 to 8 years in and hopefully by then I can find a 40 hour week job that ill be able to spend time with her and and the kids when we decide to have some. Buti applaud both of you the ones with kids and the ones that r waiting for the right time.

Also tomn is the first day of archery buck here in Pennsylvania so ill be hunting my set on a small 76 acre farm where ive got atleast 3 shooters roaming around on there's a pretty wide straight 8 point a 9 point with a split g2 and another 8 with a 8 inch droptine so hopefully tomn ill get some points on the board for us. Its supposed to be Hot tom mid 80's mid day so I figure ill settup on the creek stand since its really the only spot I have a water source and its a great staging spot in the morning on there way back to bed.

11. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck tomorrow buck hunter!! I'll be out all weekend. Skipping out of work early to drive up to the best property I hunt. Warm and rainy but who knows!!!!

Also I always said I wanted to wait til I have kids until I am ready. But when are you actually ready ? Ever?? So I said ok to wifey and we started trying. Conceived in the first night with twin baby girls. Due in feb! So much for having fun trying for a while....

12. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Lol at that last line jvanhees.

Yeah, "ready" is a pretty subjective term isn't it. For me, it means when I am both independantly and reliably finacially stable. I make a lot of money now and for the last two years but the majority of my farm ground is rented. The problem is rental ground and landlords are unpredictable and only a little bit reliable for plans as long term as family planning (at least in my perspective). Both my business' while they generate a lot of money they also eat a heck of a lot of it too....if something were to happen to a chunk of my farm rental property it would be rough to handle with a family in the brew. Ideally I'd like to buy a couple hundred more acres of farm ground as a safety net just in case...which that and a new house would be two of final three pieces of my personal ideal of "ready".

The third and final part would be to find a decent woman instead of the white trash, reality type hippos we have running around here on the hoof, lol.

13. Gyle

Gyle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys checking in again! Its the fourth day of regular bow season here in upstate NY. We had 4 days of early bow from the 27th-30th of September. In those 4 days I sad just over 21 hours only to have 1 small 60-70 lb doe wander into shooting range. Saw quite a few that were just outside of shooting range or in thick brush. Now since I didn't tag a doe in early bow I'm setting my sights on a buck now for the incoming 2 weeks. I've got until the 19 and then I will be switching over to Muzzleloader for a bit to put some doe meat in the freezer.

14. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey bob I'm the one tall guy in the middle. My gun stock is on floor and barrel pointing up at my head lol. I passed hunter safety course I promise lol

Well boys I hate to not be a team player but I've been fillin the freezer at the marsh rather then the deer stand. Seasons been open all week I haven't even gone once. Weather up here is stupid warm, we normally have some light snow by now. Cameras are showing no deer at all. I went for a walk two days ago and fcouldnt find any sign at all. Corn is all still standing so deer will be touchy to catch for a few more weeks I think.

Good luck to all of you are now hitting the woods.

15. Oklabowyer

Oklabowyer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I haven't been out yet and it's killing me. I will however get out there this weekend. Also, the land is officially mine now. I closed on it yesterday and tomorrow I'll be out there clearing my access trail to the back 40. After clearing the trail I'll be hanging my stands and hopefully Sunday I'll be sitting in one. The temps are going to be perfect and I'm ready to get out there. Anyway, good luck to the rest of you.

16. Copper dog

Copper dog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone checking in. I haven't been in my tree stand all week pheasant and duck season opened this week so I've been spending all my time doing that. I will be out sea duckmhunting in the am and back to the tree stand tomorrow night. Hope everyone is doing well out there and good luck

17. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:

That's awesome congrats!!!

My wife and I took 18 months!!! But believe me you don't miss much. Too many instructions and pressure on do it at this time on that day in this way lol I much prefer sex without expected results lol

18. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm primed and ready to sit all day tomorrow... Storms are coming and still unsure when they will hit here... I hope they come before daylight or later in the morning. We'll see...

19. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    I have twins too. Initially they are more work, but in the long run I think it's much better. They will play with each other and you don't have to constantly entertain. Plus children are so much fun, so it's twice as fun.
    Be prepared though, it is twice the cost. Sign up for all the diaper, formula, wipes, baby food... ect websites you can now. They will send out coupons. You might as well start buying some of these items now. OH! Some friends were buying diapers off amazon. You have to sign up and be accepted (limited capacity of enrollment) and you have to plan ahead so you don't run out, but they said they saved a ton of money that way.

Just don't freak out and worry yourself. I did and looking back, it was for nothing. Hell I even sold my big block mustang project, really kick myself for that, but that did jumpstart my hunting obsession.

20. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Ok, back to hunting!!!!

No worries on the water chickens. I haven't started yet either. However, there is a huge cold front coming in tonight (high today is 82, high tomorrow is 68). Also, I have to check on the status of a few things at work tomorrow so more than likely I'll head out hunting then come in and check up on that. Gives me a great excuse to hit the woods.

Hopefully the drop monster get dropped!