Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I received the pm thank you.

I just came back from baiting the bears a last time before the opener next weekend. Bears here are terribly over populated. Yet our crazy government cancelled out spring hunt???? Ever since they have done that fall hunting has never been easier. As bear attacks have never been higher. I almost guarantee all 4 of us in our group will harvest a 300lb + opening night. That's how bad the numbers are. Either way it's great meat so I won't complain.

On my deer property I don't see any bucks before October on my cams. My backyard I call it a ***** house lol. I have doe groups as big a ten feeding on my plot right begin my house almost daily. Come October through Christmas I get 20+ quality bucks in my area coming to see my hoes lol. Later tonight ill post some boys from last year. I'm sure some will be back this year.

2. Oklabowyer

Oklabowyer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry for the late check in. I've been out of pocket for a little while. I don't really check in much till season gets close. Anyway, ill be hunting NE Oklahoma on a new piece of property that I was lucky enough to buy this summer. I just got the feeder hung and trophy cam setup so hopefully over the next couple of weeks ill get some good pics to post. Good luck to the rest of you and hopefully we'll have a great season.

3. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome! No worries on the late check in. Hopefully you get some more like your avatar!

4. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    I feel left out... we don't have bears in central Indiana. It's on my bucket list to go bear hunting though. Post up bear pics also guys. This may be a deer contest but we don't discriminate!

5. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Indy it should be a very inexpensive hunt. Black outfitters are really cheap. And if your really in a budget, buy a tag, drive a few hours north. Bring some Dunkin donuts (because throwing Tim hortons donuts out is the most in patriotic thing to do in Canada lol). Sit an watch. If you have bear sign in area and you have food. They will come

6. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Black bear outfitters^^^^

7. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome oklabowyer! Grats on the new property!

So only 1 more to check in?

8. cunninghamww

cunninghamww Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Anyone else have TC pics to post up? I want to see what our team is chasing this year!

9. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I want to pull my cards but wanted to wait until this coming Tuesday. Not sure I'll get the time to pull them anyway until then. Trying to get weeds and grass sprayed in my soybeans.

Man...we went from too wet one week to too dry the next....stupid weather.

Indy, no...I haven't gotten my bow straightened out just yet. I worked with it quite a bit the other evening and moved the rest. Seems to have helped but I still couldn't zero my broadheads with my field tips. I did seem to get it to where both are staying about even walking back to at least 40 yards. I think I ruled out everything except the spine being too light on the BH arrows. I'm going to get a couple 300's and try that and if it helps I'll just buy a dozen and be done with it.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  10. buckhunter1988

buckhunter1988 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ill get some pics up as soon as I figure out how to do it on my droid phone I'm still away at work so if I can't figure it out ill do it as soon as I get home and can use a computer

11. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    I had every intention of checking my cards today but I ended up spending the afternoon making salsa. If I don't go fishing all day tomorrow I may get too. My goal this year is a doe and to be less picky. I put myself on good bucks but my standards are high. Too high, if it's 110-120+ it's going down.

Brent I think you'll be dead on with 300s.

12. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I've priced it and it isn't too bad. I think the most expensive part is the taxidermy. Not a bad problem to have.
    Post some pictures up though. I think it's awesome.

13. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    What do those hunts and the taxidermy run, if I may ask. I've never priced one.
    I would love to (and intend to) get into some other hunting rather than just whitetails and I think I'm getting to a point financially where I may be able to afford it.

14. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Black beer guided in Ontario is usually about $2000 and down. I've seen them at $1200.

Although if you go on your own its very inexpensive.

15. cunninghamww

cunninghamww Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just filmed a week long black bear hunt way up in northern Alberta. The cost was a bit more for the hunter - $3,200... But in Alberta you get two bear tags. From what I know, the bears in the area average much larger than some of the eastern province bears. My brother killed a 7'2" bear that is pushing b&c and a 6'8" bear... Both are definitely p&y. There were 6 other hunters in camp and 5/6 of them killed two bears - and the 6th missed twice, so he should have killed two. It was a fantastic experience and the opportunity to shot two is really nice. You can kill whatever you want for the first (though we held out for a big bear) and get the chance to be selective on the 2nd. We had bears on us every day except one, too...which was really fun.

16. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Man that is awesome! That would be a really neat experience. I have to buy a new house first, then I'll get it ready for a bear mount.

17. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, checked the cards today. Nothing too amazing, but that's normal for this property. The nice thing is that we have does living on the property. That will pull some mature bucks from the property next door.

I think I'm going to take the second week of November off to hunt. That is the week before the Indiana shotgun season starts.

I did get this guy on cam. It looks like something on the other side of the plot spooked him. Not sure what but the next shot is a pair of eyes like a coyote or something. I think it's the same guy as a few posts ago.

Attached Files:

18. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Gadarned yotes wil take a mature buck down...I shoot every one of the sob's I get a chance at.

19. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I haven't put my cameras in yet. Monday!

20. indynotch50

Dislikes Received:
    That was the same deer as a few days ago.... NICE, he's probably 120s. Too bad it's not symmetrical, he would be much bigger. Either way, I'd like to get him.

After looking closer it as another deer in the plot. I dumped a bunch of corn in front of the cam so hopefully I get quite a bit of him here in the next few days.