Official team 25 - Rack Nasties thread

Discussion in '2013 Bowhunting.com Deer Contest' started by indynotch50, Aug 19, 2013.

1. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Official team 25 thread

Yea they did....did not see them before I posted. Helluva buck cunn!!!

He is palmated as hell

2. cunninghamww

cunninghamww Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am just going to post these a few at a time so I can keep track of them...This is a mixture of public, private lease, and a whole lot of "handshake property" scattered across Kansas and Illinois. 6 of these deer are public though, and I will probably hunt a few public spots as much if not more than some of the private I have access to.

"High Top" is the big 9, "Drumstick" is the split g3
    PICT0640.jpg PICT0639.jpg PICT0677.jpg

This is a buck we call "tumor." He was highly visible last year and I passed him twice at less than 20 yards. He was a clean 6x6 two year old. He will get the pass again this year.
    PICT0837.jpg PICT0840.jpg PICT0858.jpg

3. cunninghamww

Dislikes Received:
    This is "curly" for his funky brow... PICT1458.jpg PICT1461.jpg PICT1523.jpg

This is "fat daddy." I am almost positive he is a 6 yr old and we first noticed him 4 years ago. He was pretty fat even as a 4 yr old. PICT0585.jpg PICT1439.jpg

4. cunninghamww

Dislikes Received:
    This is "kicks." Pretty sure he is 4...5 at the most. He had both those same little kickers last year on his g2 and grew another on this year on his left g2. PICT0858.jpg PICT1590.jpg

This is "drop 8." The pics are a bit deceiving because he has a bigger body than it looks. I actually filmed him out in the beans last saturday. I think he is 4 but there is an outside chance he is 3. I would still shoot him if he walked by. drop 8.jpg

5. cunninghamww

Dislikes Received:
    This is "big 6." He had virtually no brows last year but grew about an inch this year. So technically an 8, but the name will stay. PICT0464_2.jpg PICT0471.jpg

I haven't named this deer and don't recognize him from last year but he is fairly easy to remember with his split ear.
    PICT0545.jpg PICT0546.jpg

I have no clue who this deer is and the only pics of him the camera was way overexposed but I like what I see... PICT0559.jpg

6. cunninghamww

Dislikes Received:
    Taking a break...have 6 more deer to post but my eyes are hurting from staring at the screen lol.

7. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Verrrry nice bucks! Some real good ones. Split ear is pretty sweet with that mass

8. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whoa O.o

Haha, those bucks are all awesome! Some fantastic genetics running around on your properties!

I think my favorite pic (photographically speaking) is the black and white still of "Big Six" that's a beautiful pic.

The first one is the nicest so far, it's going to be rough to beat that guy!

9. cunninghamww

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah man, ferguson is the buck of a lifetime. He was palmated last year but nothing like this. Here are a few more bucks... No names or history with these guys...
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377310770.724909.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377310790.376659.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377310800.556218.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377310837.510212.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377310848.309234.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377310859.939566.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377310872.103886.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377310811.247552.jpg

10. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Holy Headgear those are some awesome deer!

11. Bob Thomas

Bob Thomas Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    So has everyone checked in yet? My season won't start until October 14th. so I've got 6 weeks yet. I'm going to set out a couple of cameras Monday morning. I haven't seen any bruisers in the areas I hunt but there are plenty doe and bucks. So I don't think you'll get any big numbers from me. This year I'm hoping to get a buck and doe. We will see!

12. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Team 25:
    Bob Thomas
    Buckhunter1988

Chago5
    Copper Dog
    CoveyMaster
    cunninghamww
    deerdork

Gyle
    indynotch
    jvanhees

okie_flinger
    Oklabowyer

Still outstanding:(I believe) I sent out PM's to these folks, hope they respond.
    Chago5
    Gyle
    Oklabowyer

I just set out 4 cameras here at home last Tuesday. The first cameras I've had out in like two years so I have no idea what may be running around here lately. I have yet to pull the cards so we'll see if I get anything at all or if EHD wiped them out last year.

I have 10 more new cameras to set out yet but have not had time to mess with them. I'll get them spread out on the rental property here this coming week I hope.

I know there are still deer around, I see them in person out and about and I have seen a couple whoppers so far but they were at a distance so couldn't age them or score them. Looked like they were easily over 150 and 10+ points is all I could tell for sure. Lots of big tracks around and I found a broken tree limb yesterday on a pecan that I know a deer had to have done. I didn't get off the tractor and look at it though so I don't know if it's astarting scrape or what.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2013
  13. Chago

Chago Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry I'm late boys. Never saw the thread. My name is Drago. 27 years old home builder.

I own my own piece of property and have permission on the neighboring property. It's in central Ontario Canada.

Our black bear season opens sept 1 so ill be busy with that. Come October 1 it's after the Ontario bucks.

14. CoveyMaster

Dislikes Received:
    Cool, my PM worked?! Awesome, thanks so much for checking in, welcome to the team! Wow, we have a team member that can slam those giant Canadian whitetails...suweet!

You arn't really late per se. I just figured the guys that hadn't checked in yet would miss out on some stuff if they didn't get on in here. I think everyone has until Sep2 to check in. I figured everyone went to the trouble to check in, might as well send PM to make sure they didn't miss out.

15. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Cunningham, Jassen, Drago
    Welcome all you guys. I'm really excited about this team and getting to know you guys. Looks like we are shaping up to be a pretty awesome team.

The top team name so far is RackNasties, but we by no means are set on it. Please feel free to give your input.

Brent, thanks for sending the PMs. Hopefully they show up soon.

I'm going to get out here after bit and get the feeders filled up and cards checked. I don't put too much stock in this property at the house, we are trying to work on it. 5 acres is hard to wrok with when it's next to 300 acres of woods and has a lot of fields I can't hunt.

On a good note, I did get the tune worked out on my bow. I'm on the ragged edge of under spined, but it works.
    Did you get yours worked out Brent?

16. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome chago!

17. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Post them pics up Chris!

18. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha, don't get too excited buddy, this is the only one I have so far.
    My plan is to stay out of the property down south as much as possible, give them no reason to think anayone has been there then BAM!

Attached Files:

19. okie_flinger

okie_flinger Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welcome to the team, Chago!! Please keep us updated on your bear hunting as well!

Bear numbers are finally at a level here that the Oklahoma dept of wildlife conservation has allowed bear hunting for the past 2 years. State limit last year was 6 total I think and season was over in a few days.

20. Copper dog

Copper dog Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck with the bear hunt ours opens on the 1st of sept too.