Cabela's sells tractors

Discussion in 'Food Plots & Habitat Improvement' started by Skywalker, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just was watching Bill Winke's blog and they were spraying their food plots and I noticed the tractor says Cabela's on it, so I did a quick little search and found that they do indeed sell tractors. Who knew. Wonder who makes them?

Tractors : Cabela's

2. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Imma say mitsubishi

3. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    Not so fast, the 50hp has a Perkins engine. Most tractor manufacturers do not actually make their own engines.

4. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    If I was going to buy a new tractor I would not be buying it from Cabelas of all places. It would be a local dealer that can provide service.

5. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not disagreeing with you, but from my little research it appears they will be offering service at each Cabelas location. I just find it interesting that they would try and tap into that market. More than likely it's being made by a reputable manufacturer and just labeled and sold through Cabelas.

6. POWERHAWK_11

POWERHAWK_11 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't know that. Have to agree with bje80

7. Fuzz_27

Fuzz_27 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    x2!

An Skywalker, I was just takin a shot in the dark. I'd like to know who makes em though.

8. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    I did that, then the dealer decided to stop selling the compact tractor line bought, and I had to find a different dealer.

9. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah well just wait until Cabelas stops selling tractors. I just can't see enough people buying their tractor from cabelas where they can make it worth it. Maybe I am wrong.

10. Skywalker

Dislikes Received:
    I guess it depends on how they market them. They are going after the food plotter and land management type folks, which means they might customize the tractors to this type of work. In the end, its about quality and price. If they can offer a quality product, quality service after the sale and a better price then they might just find their niche. But, I'm sure they will be over priced and only guys that want that Cabelas name on the side will buy them.

11. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Never heard of this before...interesting

12. short69

short69 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    They look just like TYM tractors manufactured in South Korea.

13. GregH

GregH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  14. CoveyMaster

CoveyMaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are supplied through Woods in Oregon Ill. I suspected at first they were Yanmar but I think the TYM observation is the correct one. Their engines and model HP's line up and they obviously look the same.

Actually a pretty decent looking little toy. They are being offered in 6-7 stores, one now in Nebraska and the others later according to a Cabelas rep. He wouldn't tell me (or didn't know) which MFG actually produced the machines, Woods MFG is all he'd tell me.

15. wolvenkinde

wolvenkinde Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Looks like a TYM tractor...and similar to a Mahindra(which is decent from what I hear) - both which can be had for less money without the Cabelas name on them.

here's one link to a thread:
    Buying Advice Cabela's selling Compact Tractors

crap someone beat me to it - lol

16. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I think I'll just stick with Massey Ferguson & Kubota's.

17. thetractorguy

thetractorguy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I noticed this thread some time ago and have been meaning to contribute on the topic of Cabela's now offering tractors. Full disclosure, I am serving as an advisor to Cabela's Wildlife & Land Management (W&LM) product category. I'm an Ag equipment industry veteran, having spent the past 20 years at some of the leading tractor OEMs. I'm also a hunter, coming from a family of hunters. In the interest of this forum's members having the straight scoop, I'd like to provide a little information about what Cabela's is doing in this area and why.

Cabela's has put together a very high quality equipment product offering that is backed by the same "Legendary Customer Service" in place ever since Richard, Mary and Jim Cabela began selling trout flies in Western Nebraska in 1961. Over the years, they have added everything from archery equipment, firearms, camping equipment, auto/ATV accessories, outdoor apparel and game processing products, all the way to a full line of high performance fishing boats...and now compact tractors and implements. Meeting their customer's needs with new products is nothing new to Cabela's, and they built their reputation by taking care of their customers. This new product line is no different, and we believe that we can take care of a tractor customer as well as anyone can.

The Cabela's tractors are built by TYM in their ISO 9001 certified plant south of Seoul, but have U.S. made Titan tires and wheels; and can be purchased with either R1s (AG), R3 (Turf)s or R4s (Industrial) tires. The tractors are very high quality, with a 3-year full machine and 5-year powertrain warranty. All of the implements and attachments are made by Woods Equipment, based in Oregon, IL. The tractors are branded Cabela's, and now come in eight models in 35, 43 and 50 HP configurations. Future HP ranges above and below that are coming. The 43 and 50 HP are available with a cab as well as open-station configurations. The implements are branded Cabela's by Woods, and include everything from front-end-loaders, backhoes, seeders, rotary tillers, rotary cutters, stump grinders, post-hole-diggers, rear blades, grading scrapers, finish mowers and snow blowers. The food plot seeder was designed for hunters, with 1,2 or 3 seed compartments that can simultaneously meter seed at three different rates and two different depths. Think about clover at less than 4 lbs. an acre.

Cabela's is now offering tractors and implements because their customers are the type of people that purchase small tractors. Whether for hunting or general land management purposes, Cabela's is connected to people that like to work and play outdoors. It makes perfect sense. Frankly, we believe our connection to hunters that use tractors is already there, because we are hunters too.

On the service side, we've hired experienced tractor service techs and have state-of-the-art service centers at each WLM location, and are already experienced with maintaining complex machinery, as we have been servicing boats and outboard motors up to 300HP for 15 years now. We we are fully prepared to service tractors as well as anyone does.

As far as pricing, Cabela's is very competitive, in fact, they are now offering a free loader with every tractor. But the only way to know what the actual selling price is for any tractor is to obtain an actual quote, as list prices are not a reflection of the final selling price.

So, I hope that clears up any questions about what and why Cabela's is doing selling tractors. If anyone has any further questions at all about the tractor or implements, please post your question or send me a private message. I'm happy to assist in any way that I can.

Sorry if this appears to be a sales pitch; but I think it is always good for forum readers to have the most accurate info.

You can learn more by following this link:

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/browse.cmd?N=1110461&WTz_l=SBC;BRprd1677877

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  18. Nickstuff

Nickstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the info, may have to swing by the Cabelas and check out that seeder, sounds interesting.