Spook Goes To Jail ...

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by gutone4me, Aug 1, 2013.

1. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    The on-line/phone call check in hasn't helped much either in Illinois, except making it easier to poach.

As far as the main topic if all he got was the 30 days I would day that may be a little light, regardless if he was mistaken on the tag he used in first situation the main thing is he broke the probation he was given. And he surely knew he was doin that so I gotta agree with what somebody said early apparently he thinks he's above getting a very harsh penalty. I kinda also agree with tacklebox in that if he wasn't who he was he woulda been slammed but we also wouldn't be discussing it, but also agree with Dan is is only a deer and nobody would care as much if it was a average deer. I also don't think making stricter game laws are gonna deter anybody, you haveta enforce what you already have and those people don't care now so you know they won't care if the penalties are stiffer.

When I was younger had a uncle got into trouble for using his wife's tag on a deer he shot. He got everything confiscated to include any animal he had that didn't have a tag on it in his house and property. Now I would say that was pretty harsh and not sure about any other penalty but I'm sure he paid a nice fine. Should that all have happened, yea, but I don't think he should of had to sit in jail, no. The penalties aren't really all that lenient until its a continual thing, which is the same for everything. There's really no point in hammering the hell out of every person that get caught once, everybody makes mistakes.

2. TJF

TJF Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If we drove under the influence or smoked pot and got caught really hardly matters. We would have paid the fine, dealt with the probation or/and spent our time in jail. No one would have felt sorry for us. Why should we feel sorry for Spook ?? He seems to have no problem breaking laws to make money. I think jail time is deserved. Maybe he will finally change his ways. Paying fines and probation didn't seem to work.

Tim

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Is is sad that I don't even know who he is?

4. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  5. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  6. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    I've driven home over the influence at least a thousand times, but never under the influence. :)

Yeah, I've smoked some weed back in the day. I've done plenty of other things wrong during my 50 years on this earth, but I'm just your "average Joe".

This is just my way of looking at this, but I view this the same way I view a televangelist getting caught getting some "tail" on the side. As someone who has chosen to be in view of the public you're supposed to be setting the example.

For the sake of argument I'd agree that the first offense could have been a mistake. The second offense, however, was blatant. I have never gone on a single turkey hunt, but even I know it's illegal to hunt deer or turkey over bait in my home state of Tennessee. To makes matters worse, he intentionally broke the law while on probation. I don't know about the rest of you, but in my opinion that demonstrates one of two things: Sheer stupidity or complete disregard for the law. Period.

It's just my opinion, but I think he got off easy.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  7. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    Don't worry brother. I didn't know who he was before this and it looks like he's from my state. :(

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  8. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Leasing would never be confused by any intelligent person as legal deed holder of a property. That type of license is described extremely clear on who is elgible and who is not. ..so either he is extremely dumb and shouldn't be allowed to operate a vehicle let alone a deadly weapon...or he knowing did what he did and just hoped no one would notice. Just my opinion but all I know is I have looked into hunting Kansas for example and knew within minutes about landowner tags and whom would be elgible.

9. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Either way it doesn't matter now. I would simply love him to make verbal admittance to "spook nation"...respect would at least be earned a little.

10. LittleChief

Dislikes Received:
    I don't know, Ty. It might not earn him any respect, but at least an admission that he screwed up might start him down the road to being able to earn a little respect back.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  11. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

12. Indiana Hunter

Indiana Hunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    My problem is not with what the man did and what his punishment was. My problem is with what is wrong with our American society as a whole. Laws are put in place for a reason, they are suppose to keep us civil and functioning as one.

Do I like knowing that people got off easier for worse crimes? Not a chance in hell! Our whole problem is that people are no longer accountable for their actions. If we were, there would be far less deer poaching, rapping, theft, murder, etc........... Anything, you name it.

The man was given a second chance the way I see it, and he still knowingly broke the law. He gets what he deserves and I would feel the same way about any other person breaking any other law. Take responsibility for your actions! Its not that hard of a concept, or is it???

13. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Couldn't agree more... DUI's to name one. Crap...some judges let them have 5 or 6 chances at killing another person before they do anything most of the time. Like you said earlier in a post....sad when they hold animals higher than child. Ok, done ranting...lol. Sorry off topic. I agree with your post though...

14. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not sure where you live, but around here a DUI is a freakin nightmare, a second one you won't be driving for 2 years, and child molesters get put in jail. I still don't know what that has to do with people poaching deer? :confused:

15. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Where does that happen, in KS DUI #1 lands your butt in jail. 48hr min. #2 and your gettin a nice long stay at the County Spa

16. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    never heard of him

17. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
  18. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They can if it is a term set forth for thier probation

19. jrk_indle84

jrk_indle84 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty crazy stuff, wonder how long he'll follow this one.