Has anyone tried using the Ozonics?

Discussion in 'Whitetail Deer Hunting' started by ckeith, Jul 31, 2013.

1. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I’ve seen the Ozonics advertised on the outdoor channel a lot and I am thinking about buying one. But I wanted to know if anyone has used it before and is it actually worth the 300+ dollars since I already use scent-lok and am very scent conscious anyway.

2. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Do a quick search of the forum. This same question was brought up last week and you should be able to find the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

www.skyangler.com

3. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have an Ozonics unit, but I do use a Log6 ozone machine to treat my clothes between washings.

4. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I would like to own one but for now it is too high priced for my budget. I am using the units from Whtetail'r.com to treat clothes and they work well.

5. Slugger

Slugger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If you hunt the wind it wont increase your chances of shooting more deer

6. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not again.

Sent from my XT901

7. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    [​IMG]

8. ckeith

ckeith Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    My bad didn's see the previous thread for it

9. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Don't worry about that. The last Ozonics thread didn't go too well and ended up locked. Hopefully you'll get some advice instead of the garbage that entered the last thread.

Todd from the WKP videos swears by them.

10. JeromeC

JeromeC Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I posted the same question after I purchased one. There were a few comments questioning the wisdom of purchasing a unit. I was able to use one in a ground blind on a hunt in ND last December. The wind was blowing directly from me to where the deer would walk out, they never showed any sign that they were picking any scent. Multiple nights I had 10-20 deer coming through. I purchased the newer unit this year to try on a tree stand set-up. Adding the ozonics to scent control, Carbon activated clothing, hunting the wind is just another piece to help you lessen the chance you get scented. I think the advertising says something about not having to work as hard at scent control, I think you still need to add all the scent control you can, in addition to playing the wind. Hope this helps, good luck!

11. buttonbuckmaster

buttonbuckmaster Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I don't have a strong opinion one way or another regarding Ozonics. My only question is, if you are hunting the wind, wouldn't your scent be blowing away from where you expect the deer to be? If it is, I wouldn't care if that scent is eliminated, its a non issue at that point.

Most of the hunters that swear by them, seem to also be sponsored by the company. Ozone does eliminate odors, no doubt about that. I just question the need for this if you are hunting a stand with a favorable wind direction.

12. tacklebox

tacklebox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Where is the wa wa water boy?????

13. Smokey

Smokey Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Many times the winds shifts and eddies where I hunt. The deer don't walk a straight line so sometimes it is nearly impossible to have the winds right all the time. I may have my shooting lane out in front with no wind going there but the wind goes out down a draw and shifts across path where deer are traveling so they bust me before I see them at times. Moving stand is not possible since it starts all over with more structure moving wind.
    These cases an O2 unit would help I think.

14. DCthebowhunter

DCthebowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Its to pricey for me.

15. Fitz

Fitz Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Where I hunt, I have an "idea" of where deer will come from, but due to the nature of big woods, they can and often do come from every direction. I hunt the wind, but plan on reducing my scent as much as I can.

16. Tyson

Tyson Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Shouldn't we as hunters continually be looking for new ways to get an edge on the game we hunt? Isnt looking for every advantage possible in pursuing our prey the only way we take steps in the evolution of modern hunting techniques? Having the ability to use what ever available legal means is the choice of every hunter. Longbow or 400 fps crossbow is a choice. Flat camo or ghille suit. Still hunting or set hunting.Baiting or not baiting. These are all opportunities for each hunter as an individual to find whatever it is that he/she is looking to get out of a hunt. Isn't that the point? If its not, then why are you here?

That being said, I always find it interesting when a guy asks a question on any forum, seeking information and wisdom to further his knowledge and increase his opportunity for success, only to be chastized for not "searching" a previous thread, or having the most obvious of conditions pointed out to him in a passive aggressive manner as if you possess some irrefutable prowess of bow hunting concepts. Answer the mans question, or just move along.Its not that hard. You don't need to present him your opinion on the product, if you haven't used it. You are wasting everyone's time.If someone could please explain to me how you could not realize that maybe, just maybe, EVERYONE WHO POSTS ON THIS FORUM, knows that proper wind direction is important?If you would like to give someone a lecture on proper wind direction, maybe you should "search" these people out in posts labeled "Hey Guys, should I play the wind properly or not?" There you will be free to not be irritating.

If this post makes you upset or offended, my apologies, but its probably for you.The internet is a wealth of knowledge. If that makes hunting too easy for you, throw your computer away, and go make your own spear, cover yourself in mud, and wander around the woods.

I have used ozonics and had positive success when the wind is questionably swirling, or just covering an area where deer have been known to sneak up on me. Its not an end all be all, but you already know that, as an intelligent person who is reading this, and im sure you did not have any intention of storing your clothes in your dog pen, or rolling around in gasoline be for you went hunting in your white fluffy pirate shirt.

It works. It will help you keep deer from spooking. It will help you bring deer closer to your stand.

17. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
  18. Whitetail_Widowmaker

Whitetail_Widowmaker Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Was wondering when we were gonna have the eventual Ozonics thread flip out. I wonder if they make an Ozonics for bowhunting forums to keep people from doing that.

19. WKPTodd

WKPTodd Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yes, they work. Won't hunt without them.

20. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Pretty sure Native Americans never had Ozonics and they did just fine harvesting deer! :P Maybe it does help, maybe not, that' s just too much money to spend on just one more thing to have to pack in and out. I'd rather do all the "scent proofing" on my clothes, work the winds and keep it simple. But hey, if you have the cash, like the idea and want to get one, by all means go for it!