Rolling Stone Cover????

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by bowsie15, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Dawn Assassin

Dawn Assassin Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    so now we know rollingstones making money off this i wonder who else is makeing money off this hmmmmmmm ?

2. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Actually, the bastard from Sandy Hook had studied these type of people and was infatuated with them. His computer was full of research material about mass murders. So I would say there are people that do idolize this type of action. So maybe they wouldn't cite the cover of Rolling Stone as the motivation, but knowing they could get that type of power(which is what they want) could contribute to their decision.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  3. MN/Kyle

MN/Kyle Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Then should it not be reported by any media? It was a horrific tragedy, people are going to talk. Why are people getting so worked up when another' source' is reporting on a tragic event. I have not read the article, but the picture of the cover says: "The Bomber how a popular, promising student...fell into radical islam and became a monster". Doesn't really sound like they are glorifying the bastard. Just reporting it from another angle.

I don't know.

I heard today that Charles Manson was on the cover. Was there as big of an outrage?

4. HuntinNBassin

HuntinNBassin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I totally hate the cover...instead of connecting with those who lost family and friends they give this guy glory on the cover. Those who follow his beliefs now see a kid who murdered innocent people and made it on the Rolling Stone and somehow think he is a hero. Sad as it is lots of times any press is good press...look how many people are talking about there magazine now...you may hate the cover but talking about it with someone else may spark there interest and send them off to buy the magazine for the story.

5. Skywalker

Skywalker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    While I do believe in and support the freedom of the press, I also believe we have a huge problem in this country with how and what the media choose to cover. I understand the need to report, but the media chooses to only promote the stories they see fit to and generally that is only stories the fall in line with their agenda. They will skim over or basically ignore major issues to cover something that makes conservatives look bad. Look at how little coverage the mainstream media has ignored all of the Obama administration scandals.

6. MN/Kyle

MN/Kyle Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I agree totally,

However; I don't think this story fits that. The story needs no promotion. The dude bombed the Boston marathon...

Bin Laden was on covers of magazines and newspapers. So was Hitler. A lot of bad, horrible people get on covers of magazines.

I think it has to do more with what picture they chose for their cover...

sent from droid razr maxx hd

7. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Exact point I was making. The people that are on the brink of doing something horrible now have motivation because they will get recognized for it.

8. ISiman/OH

ISiman/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    The amount of press this guy gets really upsets me, how bout some recognition of the victims and their family's? Or maybe the hundreds of other people who are killed in violent crimes every week? The media in this country is just plain horrible, four young adults were murdered excursion style in the city i work this same week and nobody ever heard about that?