Bowtech Experience IS NOT THE FLAGSHIP BOW !!! Coming soon !!!

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Bowhunter_IL_BT, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Backcountry

Backcountry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To expand on this.. I feel bowtech really, unavoidably, shot themselves in the foot. 2008-2011 were incredible years for them. They were leading the pack innovation. Now that is the accepted norm for them. The experience is a nice bow, but nothing mind blowing over what was already offered. They've plateaued hard.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

2. trial153

trial153 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Plateaued hard is spot on.

Motorcycle, experience slower "meh" bow..

Bowtech guy#1..." Is that it?"

Bowtech guy #2...."can't be"

Bowtech guy #1..." What do you mean!?"

Bowtech guy #2 " they have to do better"
    Bowtech guys#1 " yes they must have another bow for 2013."
    Bowtech guy #2 " that's it your right the good new one isn't out yet"

So when Bowtech and Cabelas teamed up to recycle parts and put out of all things a single cam bow mid 2013....well I think it's funny and can really see a couple of die hard Bowtech guys loosing it a little.

3. G-Street

G-Street Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To me, the Experience is probably the best hunting bow for me that Bowtech offers. Odds are it will be the easiest to draw and has a more live able brace height. That being said, I probably wouldn't buy it over.....say..... the Insanity CPXL. For the price you pay you get more bow with other bows in Bowtech's lineup. When it comes time I'll give Bowtech a try along with every other brand. I like what the brand image is, the design of their products and their specs. To me, it's kind of a "young guys" brand. Sorry if that offends any of you older folks, but I can't remember the last time I saw someone older than 30 shooting or even talking about a Bowtech.

4. M Kaminski

M Kaminski Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Wow, I never realized there were so many snobs in bowhunting. I shoot a Bowtech but I'm not a "Bowtech guy". I'm still very happy with my 2006 Constitution and have had a fair amount of success with it. I bowhunt and will always hunt with whatever bow I'm comfortable and confident with, it doesn't matter what brand or where that brand sells its bows. Are there really people involved in this humble, individual sport that think a product or manufacturer is hurting themselves by offering bows, equipment, ect. to people that may not be able to afford top of the line or flagship bows, all the while doing what they set out to do, make money?

5. Ben/PA

Ben/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Solid post MK.

6. Rick James

Rick James Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I usually don't chime in on stuff like this but thought I'd share a bit of info from someone that has been on their team for a few years.

The Experience had a lot to do with building something to appeal to a different market than they traditionally cater to. It was a strategic move they chose to make as a company. If you think they just suddenly ran out of innovative ideas think again. I'm confident in saying you will learn differently in the future. BowTech has been at the head of the pack for innovation and performance for 15 years now. Outside of Rex @ Darton they have arguably contributed to more industry changing and currently used designs and technology than anyone in the industry today.

Historically BowTech has not gone after the market segment that prefers smooth, quiet, and forgiveness. There is a huge market segment that prioritizes these characteristics over bleeding edge technology and raw speed. There will always be a market segment that prefers those traits in a pro shop only bow over innovation and speed. One of the biggest manufacturers in the world has built one of the most loyal followings in the industry doing nothing but targeting that space. Without a bow like the Experience in the lineup BowTech won't appeal to that market. Now they can and will.

Again.......if you think BowTech has plateaued and they have run out of innovative ideas........time will tell. :)

7. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Bowhunter_IL_BT Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    For those of you who thought I was making a joke 6 months ago about the other BOWTECH BOW HERE YOU GO!!!! Comes out in July. THE KNIGHT!! Click on the link preparing for the knight

Prepare for the Knight - YouTube

8. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    I heard from a little mouse in the BT factory ata 33" BH 5.75 ibo 375fps weight 3.6lbs. Carbon riser. It didn't make ata cause they had an issue with the finish. And they still probably do lol

9. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I got a call today from Jason at BowTech and he let me know the video of this bow was out.... I mentioned how quiet it was about it at the ATA show... I'd love to know who leaked it to you and I'm sure we'll never know... that person likes their job and likely doesn't want the knowledge out. ;-)

10. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This thread was the second thing I thought of when I heard about a new bow. The first... cool commercial. The thrid... no thanks

11. FEB

FEB Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I guess a few guys are eating crow and should be giving you an apology

12. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    Tell Jason he should have done a better job of keeling the bow silent and he wouldn't have this problem, lol.

13. bghunter777

bghunter777 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like single cams and I like Cabelas!

14. Sticknstringarchery

Sticknstringarchery Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am very curious about this bow. What I heard about it the other day makes me really want to shoot it.

15. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
  16. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Why are you bumping both of your posts to the top? Do you have new information to contribute?

17. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Any news on the knight. The ad said July.

18. Bowhunter_IL_BT

Dislikes Received:
    The Carbon Knight - The Lightest Premium Bow Ever Made - YouTube

So much for the little mouse that gave me the specs a while back. Specs for the Knight 3.2 OUNCES. 330 fps, A2A 31 in and 7 in brace height. Seems like Bowtech's version of the Mathews Helim. Lighter is not always necessarily better. The bow still has to be balanced in any shooting situation. A hunter may have to still shoot with the quiver on to help out. I like how they priced their carbon bow much less than Hoyt. Nice little upgrade to the Assassin. Looks like more carbon risers are coming up in the near future for Bowtech.