Thread of Admissions

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Hooker, Apr 30, 2013.

1. wareagle1996

wareagle1996 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It has been 14 years for me and I alsmost never talk to those family members because of it. Sad thing is I am not sure I miss talking to them either.

2. wareagle1996

Dislikes Received:
    I am scared or terrified even at this thought also. I tried to get a cousin whom bow hunts to go with me, but he has plans that weekend. I have the date reserved but still not positive I will show up. I have been trying to practice shooting my bow regularly and still think I will embarress myself.

3. IL_Bow_Man

IL_Bow_Man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    You and me both brother. The first time I even talked to my sister since grandma passed was at the hospital after dads stroke. I got super annoyed with her in the first few minutes and had to leave. Dad and I are still barely on speaking terms. He is more stubborn then me and I make attempts, but he never does.

4. IL_Bow_Man

IL_Bow_Man Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    - I hate being around people I do not know, but I made my way to the get together a handful of years ago and it ended up being a good time. A lot of the guys you already know from here and it just worked itself all out and a great time was had by all. I say hit the get together, you won't be disappointed.

5. wareagle1996

Dislikes Received:
    thanks for the support. I want to go and have no reason not to as it is not that far away, guess I should just put on my big boy pants and suck it up.

6. MGH_PA

MGH_PA Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    -I rarely drink. I don't really like beer, and liquor is too strong. I usually only have a beer in my hand when we're out so people will stop commenting "why aren't you drinking?"
    -I do not want to live where I do forever. Even if it means I have to wait until retirement, I plan to spend winters somewhere more mild (I hate long winters).
    -I get envious of others easily, only to regroup and become appreciative I would I do have in the grand scheme of things
    -I have lost all faith in our political system and both parties.
    -I'm an extremely slow eater
    -I feel like I'm wasting time not spending as much time with parents as I do especially with how close they live
    -I'm afraid of both the idea of having a kid and the reasons for which I'm afraid
    -I fell out of my kayak trying to get in last weekend in front of a dock full of people.

7. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I hate, HATE, when people are watching me get in and out of my kayak. I've never flipped it, but I get so nervous about it when people are watching me.

8. Siman/OH

Siman/OH Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    - I have a fear of backing boats up. Now that were on that subject. Dock full of fisherman...scariest. crowd. ever.

9. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    After seeing a pair of Toms, I am convinced that all hope for humanity is lost.

10. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    - As noted earlier I have zero patience. Where this becomes a problem for me is a busy boat launch. Idioitic people who don't know how to back a trailer, or haven't started their boat since last fall then dumps it in the water and of course it doesn't start, or the big one - people who launch their boat and have the nerve to take it for a quick spin to warm it up while leaving their truck and trailer parked in the launch while other people are waiting. A boat launch is the closest time I have ever got out of my truck with the intentions of smashing some headlights.

11. TEmbry

TEmbry Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I regret ever having traded my Truck in for a Camry. The day I can step out of this go cart into a Tacoma will be a glorious day indeed.

I use womens shampoo. Mens hair products suck (and I don't even really have hair to begin with).

I still wear the same pair of sperrys I bought sophomore year of high school (heading into 3rd year of grad school now)

I secretly love cigarettes. If they weren't so unhealthy with a negative stigmatism in society's eyes I would be a pack a day type of guy.

12. BJE80

BJE80 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I want to shave my head due to hair loss but I am a pu$$y.

13. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    - My baldness is my only real insecurity.

14. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    wow.....some amazing things on here.... Here goes.....I'm 36 and this could get heavy....

-I really really enjoy being nice to people to make them smile......man or woman doesn't matter....
    -I feel like im not man enough for my wife sometimes...
    -I think my father in law is the biggest p u s s y in the world for dodging the draft.......
    -I honestly cried myself to sleep that night when I heard my wife say her father was the best most amazing man in the world..
    -I feel like I let my country down by only being in Iraq for 6 months after getting injured....
    -I was actually glad that my first wife cheated on me when I was in Iraq and I found out...
    -I slept with my first wife's 19 year old sister the night before I left for Iraq....brown chicken brown cow!!!
    -I cant look at my nephew with a straight face, because he is (no offense here guys...) part indian....and looks exactly like one of the human wall children that we ran over in a Humvee in Iraq.
    -although I do still have some weird nightmares from Iraq....it really doesn't bother me at all....freedom isn't free for some people I guess....unlike my father in law.....LOL
    -I work so hard and always do the right thing......while my sister lives off of every government assistance known to man
    -I love my current wife to death....but regret marrying her because she had gotten her tubes tied in her first marriage..didn't matter to me at the time, and now she wont even talk to me about invetro...or getting pregnant the medical way
    -I honestly think its making me hate her...but I knew all along she couldn't....but still went along with it
    -I cry when I think about me never being a biological father to a child
    -I cry even harder when I think about me and my high school GF getting an abortion senior year....was that my only chance to be a real dad?? yup.....tearin up right friggen now....
    -I LOVE my stepson like he's my own, but him and my wife have this bond and I feel like im such an outsider sometimes 7 years into it.
    -I really think I want to divorce my wife.....but I don't want to lose my 40 acres of awesome hunting land....and scared to death of being alone again.....so selfish of me.....

ummm that's it for now

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  15. Hooker

Hooker Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Damn.

16. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Agreed ^^

17. Shockwave

Shockwave Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, that about sums it up!

18. GABowhunter

GABowhunter Moderator

Dislikes Received:
    Yep...

19. Christine

Christine Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I can back up my 3/4 ton truck with the 18 ft, 8.5" wide pontoon boat on an oversized trailer, like a champ. Unless there are a bunch of people watching. And then... about half the time I suck at it.

I like to think that I can do most anything on my own and I am tough. But the other day I needed to get the belly mower on my tractor so I can mow the lawn. (The mower engineers at John Deere are apparently sadists.) I have my head and arms crammed under the tractor, laying across the side of the mower (which has pointy metal parts sticking out of it), trying for all I'm worth to attach the PTO. Bloodied and bruised, I still couldn't get it to go on after trying on and off for two hours. This is something that I would normally have Kendall do but he's 1400 miles away. I felt absolutely helpless and alone. I nearly cried. But I hate to admit defeat so I decided to either set everything on fire or come back to it in the morning. Low and behold, the next morning I got it attached. :D

Then last night the chickens were freaking out so I went outside to look around with a flashlight. I didn't see anything but when I came inside I heard a quiet noise like footsteps in the living room. I didn't see anything and the noises stopped. I thought maybe I just heard something outside since the window was open. I go back to bed and then I hear it again. A hushed ka-thwap... ka-thwap... Like somebody sneaking about in flip-flops. At first, my heart races..... but then I quickly decided that there is not likely to be an intruder in flip-flops in the house. :D Turns out it was a mouse that had fallen into a small, decorative paper bag. How it got in there I have no idea. But for a moment, I thought I was in some bad x-files where the idiot victim goes outside with only a flashlight and then comes back in to find the suspiciously open window and then gets killed by a not-so-stealthy flip-flop monster.

20. Swamp Stalker

Swamp Stalker Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    ummm........ya....lol sorry....now I read that....ya I sounded like a real whiny B#@$ch,,,,,

Last edited: May 2, 2013