Black PSE DNA 70LBs 2 month wait

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by chopayne, Mar 21, 2013.

1. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well,

I put in the order for PSE DNA. It is a 2 month wait... Guess it gives me time to go through the endless possibilities of spending money on the bow. Here is what I am planning on right now.

Bow: 70LB Black PSE DNA Dream Season
    DL: 27"
    Poundage: 63lbs

Bow accessories
    Stabilizer: NAP 8" Stabilizer
    Arrow Rest: QAD Ultra Rest (maybe HD, probably Hunter)
    Sight: Boss Hogg 5 pin wrapped
    Release: Boss Hogg Whipper Snapper (3 finger thumb release)
    Color: Kolorfusion - Currently thinking of Kryptek Highlander but looking for other suggestions and preferences. I really wanted Optifade Forest, but only G5 has the rights to that.
    Silencer: Limbsavers and Cat Whiskers
    PSE Kit: Turn alot of red accessories into Black - The only thing left red will be the cams (I heard if I want that dipped its alot of disassembly) If anyone knows of cheap ways to dip cams let me know.
    Paracord Wrist Sling - colors to match the pattern
    Grip/Logo: Custom made Yeti grips
    Case: SKB double bow case
    Arrows: Carbon Express of some sort

Glove: Protx Kevlar (I know most will disagree but im using it as a safety measure, I like that comfort)
    Other Glove: Probably underarmour.
    Clothing: Most likely Underarmour since I love their stuff, but maybe Sitka. (wont be buying this for another couple of months)

Looking for criticism and opinions on what you think I should change in the build.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2013
  2. tommy

tommy Newb

Dislikes Received:
    y the kevlar?

3. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    So that I don't get an arrow through my hand. I think I might post up some random pictures. Usually gets more people to respond= )

4. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice...great bow!

5. CombatHM

CombatHM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Dude I'm a Corpsman in the US Navy and from experience that Kevlar will not protect your hand! Kevlar gloves were originally designed for protecting your hand from Shrapnel and ricochets from up to 2-3 feet, anything closer will still penetrate, i.e. anyone stupid enough to put the wrong gauge shotgun shell in a shotgun and attempts to fire it, it will blow up consequently not protecting your hand or face. The Distance between your hand and the arrow is not enough, Kevlar gloves doesn't protect you the way you think it does. It's a big waste of money.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013
  6. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Hey thanks for the info. But this kevlar is designed differently than the armor you wear in combat. It also comes at you with less speed and different material.

Did someone put the wrong gauge shotgun shell when you were over there?

7. CombatHM

CombatHM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, one of my Marines got back from deployment and decided to buy a shotgun and he's never bought one before. He wasn't too educated on difference between gauges or other guns in general. Also for future reference arrow deflection can be mitigated by inspecting all your gear especially felxing your arrows etc etc. Not trying to insult your intelligence, but it is just good practice.

8. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Oh no I know about those mitigation measures, I just like to have the gloves as back up = )

Amazing how some people will just wander into something without knowing much about it.

9. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Ya i ordered mine January 8th and it just came in this monday. Definitely worth the wait though. Im just waiting on my axion stabilizer, and red limb bands. All black will look good though
    [​IMG]

10. CombatHM

CombatHM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That is a beautiful Bow! When I eventually Upgrade I would probably get the PSE Revenge, or something similar to it.

11. CombatHM

CombatHM Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    There was this guy the other day at the Base Range, and he has a bow that is too heavy for him, and a bunch of us was trying to tell him that its too much but he doesn't listen. Hope he doesn't hurt his shoulders.

12. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Thank you. I didnt shoot the revenge but im sure it will just as nice. The only complaint i have with mine is its a little jumpy when at full draw but as long as your pushing and pulling like you should be its not bad. with the cames not being as aggresive on the revenege im sure it will fix that problem a lot.

13. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap tahts a long wait for your PSE

14. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Im thinking about waiting until 2014 since by the time the bow arrives in June, well 2014 is right aroudn the corner

15. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    Ya it was a long time but they have a high demand for them right now. As it starts to get farther in the season they will get caught back up and the wait wont be as long. I know a guy that ordered one when the first came out and waited 5 months. Thats the only problem you will run into if you order a 2014 when they first come out.

16. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Is it like this ever year do yo know? Looking across the forums seems like everyones waiting aveage 2 months for their bow

17. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    ya it is typically like this every year until around summer time when they get caught back up with orders. Most brands are like this, some faster then others. If you just get a normal camo one the wait isnt bad at all and you can typically find them at your pro shop.

18. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    My local shop has had a DNA for months now, it's just hanging out on the shelf. Where do you live?

I know you're all about this kevlar glove, but i really think you're over reacting.

I really like under armour gear. I think it's a great bang for your buck, even though it's on the high end. I've always done very well picking up random pieces on clearence. Sure my pants may be scentlock and top is under armour, but it's good stuff, serves it's purpose masterfully and was cost effective.

19. chopayne

Dislikes Received:
    Well Im in Afghanistan = ) And I had to order through PSE to get their military discount.

I probably am overrreacting with the glove, but, I wear gloves anyways when I shoot so I might as well have it be kevlar. Thats the reason why im buying it.

With you on under armour, all my workout shirts are the underarmour green (recycleable) Its got a soft silky feel and I can't stand anything else. Im also starting to get my wardrobe in all underarmour since im a big sweater. Im over wearing Dakine, Billabong, AE, AF, Polo and all those other companies. Id rather feel comfortable than look cool, but then again im married and I only wear those clothes on the weekends if at all.

20. indynotch50

indynotch50 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ah, well that's a completely different scenario! And thank you for your service.

Make sure the glove is comfortable. The nice thing about under armour is the gloves can be light but still warm.

I'm the same way also. I prefer UA over most all other brands. Comfort is key any more. Even my dress pants at work are being converted to UAs.