Joe Flacco

Discussion in 'The Water Cooler' started by Lester, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are talking on ESPN that Flacco might get more $$$ than Brees and his camp thinks he is better than Manning...What do you guys think?

2. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like Flacco and would LOVE to have him on the Vikings compared to Ponder, but that is a JOKE. This guy isnt even in the top ten for any category except interceptions. He is a good QB he is definitely not a great QB and I could name atleast 8 quarterbacks I would choose over him.

3. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    They are talking 20 + million per year!

4. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's crazy!

5. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I know working in Bmore and having a lot of Ravens fans as friends they love him (now) but when they were in their 4 out of 5 game losing streak they hated him. Good QB no doubt but all this crap coming out from his camp that he is elite and deserves that type of $ is plain stupid IMHO even if they go on and win the SB !!!!

6. cls74

cls74 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    I'm only grouping these three QB's in comparison for obvious reasons, and Flacco is nowhere near their level.

Manning, Brees and Warner. I'm sure there are others, but those three QB's could win games without a defense. I don't think Flacco or his offense could put up 30 plus points over a season with a lackluster defense. We'll see next year with Lewis and Reed both exiting, but we'll probably hear the super bowl slump excuse rather than a defense tht carried the QB.

Just my opinion, but I don't see him in the top 5 let alone the benchmark for a QB.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  7. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I read this article earlier, what a complete joke. Just to be clear, he wants to be paid MORE than manning, I'm sure this is just his agent creating this hype looking for a payday.

8. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He's had a good run of about 4 games. He's not that good. He certainly isn't worth Breez money... but then, neither is Breeze. His contract is too long.

9. boof

boof Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    If they honestly are going to ask for $20 million, he will not have a job in the NFL.

10. davidmil

davidmil Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    He wouldn't on my team. Hell, I can pick up Alex Smith for a whole lot less.

11. NY Bowhunter

NY Bowhunter Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tough one. First of all the contracts are ridiculous in general and no QB is worth 20 mil a year. That being said, it is what it is and that's the benchmark for the market. Where does Joe stack up according to that? His numbers are right there and marginally different over his first 5 years compared to Brees. Sam Bradford has a guaranteed 50mil. Brady who he outplayed in last 2 AFC championships makes about the same. Joe is a proven playoff QB and if he wins the Super Bowl he has one heck of an argument. Talent wise I don't think he is anywhere near the elite QB's but he's made a case.

Flipside and the Ravens biggest argument is those teams have been dictated by defense. Petyton, Brady or Brees never had the dominate defenses that Flaco had the luxury of playing with. Somewhere around top 5-10 QB money seems fair, but he does have a case according to the market. Id' franchise tag him at 14 mil.

12. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    He's not worth that much money, then again I don't believe anyone is.

The crazy thing about Flacco is he's seemingly unflappable. The dude is rock solid in big games, playoffs he's just sick and you pretty much know what you're gonna get from him. I know if my team had him I wouldn't want to let go of him...but I also believe a big chunk of his success is from having a top 5 RB behind him...be interested to see how he'd fair without a top 5 RB. (atleast Rice is in my opinion)

13. MN_Jay

MN_Jay Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well he did it

www.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130301/joe-flacco-contract-baltimore-ravens/?sct=uk_t2_a3

Highest paid player in the history of the nfl. I just don't get it....

Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  14. BowHuntingFool

BowHuntingFool Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  15. bowsie15

bowsie15 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I read somewhere on espn that if flacco gets what he wants he will be the highest paid player in the NFL. Imagine that what a joke?? If it happens I will lose a lot of respect for the NFL.

16. jlucas1991

jlucas1991 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Im a ravens fan, and I just cant believe how the rest of ravens nation is reacting to this. Im glad we got joe locked up, I like him, but this contract is ridiculous. The arguments about joe being elite are ridiculous. The idea that he is a top 5 qb is ridiculous. Before this playoff run everyone was saying how much he had digressed over they years and how it was time to find someone new. Then four games later he is the best qb in the nfl. I dont get it. This same season he set the record for lowest qbr in a game since the stat existed. Everyone wants to just pass off the blame to cam cameron, who was certainly deserving of much of the blame, but in the end it was flacco throwing the passes. He won us a superbowl, but that doesnt make him deserving of $120mil. At best, his contract should have been no more than $18mil a year.

17. Justin Hushbeck

Justin Hushbeck Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Have fun with no cap space. How do they figure they're going to afford Flacco, Rice, Boldin, Smith, Suggs...not to mention that Flacco is notoriously inconsistent.

18. ken3

ken3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    He is not as good as he thinks he is. But I don't like any Ravens!

19. AshAid

AshAid Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Funny sign Flacco and now have what and who around him? Cap hell baby. Do Ravens fans still hold the "in Ozzie we trust"? No wonder ticket prices went up at M&T Bank Stadium. LOL bottom line no player is worth that. But even if so I could name you several who are more worthy of it then Flacco!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Bootlegger

Bootlegger Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I like Falco...but he's not worth that much. Maybe after a few more rings...lol.