Which Hunting Pack With A Climber

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by Oly44, Feb 27, 2013.

1. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  2. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Me too. I've been shopping sitka gear for a few months now and the new stuff is out there but there web site is behind.

I just ordered over $900 in sitka stuff tonight. I have about 6-7 to go.

sent from my samsung note 2

3. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Wow thats a lot. I like the way it looks but im not in the market for new camp right now so ill have to wait. But that pack has really caught my eye. I like that you can pack the bow on the back to if you want. Is all sitka gear water resistant?

4. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Im in the market for all new stuff. Ive outgrown most of my gear.:what: and my son is growing into my old. $2000 of sitka really isn't that many items.;)

5. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well its good you are getting your money worth for the gear. :tu:

6. tfox

tfox Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I missed the question. Not sure on the water proof but I believe it is all gore tex.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  7. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not a problem. I thought it might be. I checked Sitka's Facebook page and they said the pack would be release in JUNE! Not sure why it would be so long but they should release it sooner. Or i can just call and ask them questions about it.

8. ohiobowhunter77

ohiobowhunter77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    no problem OLY, you will be very happy with it.
    BAUER, that is a bit rediculous on the price, i am all about getting good gear, but there are several packs out there that are just as good, maybe even a little better for a bit less...is that price just the mathews version, or is it for that model specifically(is it a special edition or something?) blacks creek are nice, but i think tenzig, and badlands are better packs...i know that there is no better warranty than badlands, not sure about the other two. but if the bc pack didnt have at least the same warranty, and i dont believe they do, there is no way i would spend more to get a possibly same quality pack, but a lesser warranty...all else being equal, im going with the best warranty, just me.

9. ohiobowhunter77

ohiobowhunter77 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    sitka gear is awesome stuff. i do know my badlands white tail hybrid is waterproof, and it has a million pockets...tenzing is really good too, but i spelled that wrong in the last posts...lol. forgot the 'n'. i think that quality gear is worth its price and weight in gold, for sure...you can never understand how great gear is truely great, until you use it, and then try something else...just cant do it. trust me, get the best that you can afford.

10. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I thought i bring this back up since ive been searching lately for my pack this fall. Ive looked at the blacks creek 3:16 pack, Badlands monster fanny, and also the Sitka toolbucket. Ill need room for hunting gear, camera gear, possible clothing depending on the time of year. I also want to fairly easy either attach my climber or sit on top.

So lets hear some more suggestions. Im liking the Sitka pack because i could attach the stand and it has a big storage space. Its not out yet so i can get any reviews on it yet which is the down side.

11. chester33

chester33 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Did you ever decide on a pack?

12. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Still havent yet. Im thinking I will go with the badlands superday pack.

13. Robm1093

Robm1093 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use a gold old Usa Alice pack size medium in camo. No metal frame just the pack with no straps on it .I hook it to the back of my Loan wolf stand then bungee it down. I love the large pockets on it as I hang it on the tree and have everything I might knead fast in the pockets, calls, range finder, food. Its small and light but could hold a lot of chit if you need it to and its Easy to get in and out of to find what I knead fast.. This is the only pack I will ever use and it was cheap used one bay. Oley thing not water prof

14. Devil Horns

Devil Horns Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I use a $14 cheap camo fanny pack. Strap your jacket to your climber with a bungee. Keep it simple.

15. MartinHunter

MartinHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I just use a plain old fieldline pack from wall-mart , it is funtional and carries everything I need also didn't break the bank...cost $39.95..