Which bow

Discussion in 'Equipment Reviews' started by maxpetros, Jan 5, 2013.

1. maxpetros

maxpetros Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    To the top

2. frantic29

frantic29 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not trying to be mean but just go shoot stuff already. You have $850 to spend. So pick a day go to every archery place where you can get your hands on a bow tell them you want to shoot everything under $800 or 850 or whatever. Don't worry about sticking to the list. If its not on it shoot it anyway. I am sure there are a few that you don't want to go without shooting as well. Probably plan your visits around those bows but shoot everything they have on the wall as well. This will narrow your list and probably do it in a hurry. Try by the end of the day to have it down to 5 or 8. Pick another day and get it to 2 or 3 then go shoot those preferably back to back to back and make a decision. Theres a bunch of great bows out there to be had, especially with that kind of budget. Don't get me wrong I am all for research but sitting on the forum talking about it isn't going to get you shooting any faster. Been there and done that before.

3. BrianWI

BrianWI Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I never see Parkers listed. Wonder why? I shot several PSE's, Mathews, Bears and others. The Parker won and was really affordable.

4. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    I would shoot them ASAP but between wrestling and indoor lacrosse I'm not really free and the shop is 45 minutes away. I'm going next Saturday

5. Schuls

Schuls Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    You can ask all you want, but you need to go shoot bows until you find the one that is right. What may be the right bow for one guy may not feel good at all to you. There used to be another younger kid on here with a shop 45 minutes away........

6. los11

los11 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey yeah its 50-70.. Its a nice bow man. I just got the new 2013 Throphy Ridge React react sight with the smart pin technology its all tooless and its super light since they use the glock polymer or ballistic polymer and it came with a built in light bug apeture. Its a nice sight.. No Trijicon tho..lol

7. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    I'm shooting them tomorrow. Looking to spend the whole day. I'm looking at the hoyt charger, bear domain, PSE bow madness, PSE vendetta, and PSE evo max, as well as mission ballistic and bowtech assassin. However I am going to shoot everything on the wall

Last edited: Jan 18, 2013
  8. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Maxpetros, you got solid accesories! And if you get a max of $850 from your dad for just the bare bow, you can get something really good, but think about this...throw in a couple hundred bucks of your own money along with the $850 you get from your dad and you can get just about any bare bow you want! ;) just test a few and pick the one you like most, you gotta remember, your the one thats gunna be usin it. Lets us know what you decided on, good luck with your decision buddy.

9. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    We live in a small town and I got a job as a busboy at the local pizzeria. I saved up 250 dollars. I don't know if I'm going to throw it in but might.

10. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    I shoot a lot of bows last Saturday. My favorites were the bowtech assassin, PSE bow madness, PSE evo max and the bear domain. The evo max was fabulous. Super fast ,
    A little stiff on the draw but that's what you get with that speed. The ATA is a little short but I can deal. The adjustability is great. Rotating draw length module and 10 full turns of weight adjustment. It is definitely tops. But my shop is getting another shipment next weekend so I'm going again.

11. FullTimeKiller

FullTimeKiller Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Right on buddy, ya pse are nice cause theynare so adjustable, thats a really nice thing about em for sure. All the bows younamed above are good, just get whatever fits your personal preferences and you cant go wrong. Good luck with your pic!

12. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks fulltime

13. Xcellent Graphics

Xcellent Graphics Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Go shoot!!! Have Fun!!!

14. chopayne

chopayne Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Maxpetros, what didnt you like about the Vendetta? im thinking about vendetta or dream season

15. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    I didn't shoot it one of the few that wasn't in stock. That's why I'm going back. But if it is anything like the evo max I would imagine its fantastic. As for the dream season it was out of my price range so I didn't shoot it. But I may next week

16. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    You said the draw cycle was stiff on the Max and the ATA was a little short. Those 2 things will be remedied with the Vendetta. Very smooth and a 34" ATA. One thing though is it doesn't have quite the adjustment that the Max has on the weight side of it. Only 6 turns vs. 10 on the Max. I'm not sure if you said what your draw length is but the Vendetta starts at 26.5" and goes to 32". I believe most of the PSE bows start at 25" so that may be and issue if you under that 26.5" mark

17. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I am 26. But I am in my growth spurt and my bday is in march. Unlikely but I could grow enough. Only time will tell

18. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Wow just looked at the vendetta specs and it is impressive. If I fit the draw length I will be ecstatic. It is everything im looking for. Longer ATA, longer brace height, higher let off and it's heavier so it will hold steadier. Not to mention its more affordable. If I shoot it and like it it will be great.

19. frantic29

Dislikes Received:
    The bow madness 3G may be right up your ally. It feels very similar to the vendetta. I had a tough time picking between the two. The longer draw on the vendetta is what won it for me. The 3G just was that .5 too short and I could tell a big difference in comfort at full draw.

20. maxpetros

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah I shot it and it was great.