***team 34 thread!!!***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by cmonsta, Aug 25, 2012.

1. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    amen!

2. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    This pipeline construction is killing me. The deer don't move till they stop for the day. That's normally less then a half hour from dark. By the time the deer get moving and in the general area of most stands, its dark or close to it. And the big bucks seem ti be almost completely nocturnal. Think i might take the rifle for a few days. Hate to do it, but I'm getting a bit fed up. Well see...tryin to talk myself out of it. Its been a tough season mentally. Never have I been able to hunt this much and yet I still haven't been able to get the job done. That's hard to swallow.

3. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well i almost sealed the deal saturday, but it was just too dark to see my pins. two does walked out at 20 yards but no joy. that is just how the season has been for me. hopefully i can get that elusive first bow kill in the last 4 days of the season that i have left. hopefully you all are having somewhat better luck. keep after them.

4. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad to hear you are still after em Aaron! Pulling for you buddy. And anyone else still chasing. I haven't given up either. Didn't hunt much during our rifle season. As always, the deer were hunkered down...and the pipeline work makes it worse. We have a late season from the day after Christmas till mid Jan. As long as its not to cold, ill be after them. I can never seen to get warm enough these days. Not sure why. Anyway, ill update if I have anything. Maybe if we still have more then just Aaron and i in the woods we can coke from no where late in the game and take this. Or at least jump up a bit lol. I passed so many does and looking back I regret a few. So i hope to at least close the deal on one to save face a bit. Might move a stand one more time just for the fun of it as well...but well see.

5. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    keep after them john. i have been close twice now in this spot, been to full draw both times. it just hasn't been a good year. hope that your luck changes soon.

6. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks brother and same to you. I lowered my minimum to 100"...well see what happens with that.

7. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    my minimum is something brown. well always has been, but for first year bowhunting i'll take anything just to get my first bow harvest.

8. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well there is nothing like getting busted twice in less than 10 minutes by the same buck. that happened to me yesterday, i had him at 27 yards when he caught me turning to get into position to shoot. he ran off but not far, i could still see him. then as he was coming back, i was looking for him because i lost him momentarilly he blew and was gone. nice 8 pointer. hope to get another chance at him on saturday.

9. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Holly cow that's rougj bud. At least you know they are still around. Hopefully you end it strong. Is Saturday the end of your season? Mine starts back up in a couple days. Don't have high hopes at this point but still have a few sits in me.

10. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    jan. 5th is my last day. hopefully i can get something with my bow. i want to break the new bow jinx. i have been close several times this year which is encouraging since i am a rookie at this. i will have a good wind tomorrow for the spot i have been seeing the deer at.

11. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Happy new year team! Sorry we didn't seem to have the best season but I made some good friends from this group this year and I love that...exactly why i got into this contest. Hope you all had a safe and happy night. Hopefully some of you still have some hunting to do as well. I'm going to try...just out of steam and hate the cold. But well see. Anyway, hope you all are well!

12. REALTREE24

REALTREE24 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys been awhile my season has been pretty slow I have spent about 70 plus hours in the stand the past two weeks and have had no luck plus two long weekends during the rut seen a monster 12 point coming in and wasn't about 70yds come straight to me, but then a hot doe coming from out of nowhere and. He was off the races. I have two days letting my season and if nothing happens them I'm having tag soup. Hope everyone has some luck during the last bit of the useason.

13. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for checking in bud. Sorry the season is being rough on you as well. Hope your last few days end your season strong!

I just went out to check cams and forgot how much I hate walking in snow! Was a tough walk. Im real out of shape so thats not helping anything lol. Things arnt looking great for me getting out again. My heart just isnt in it anymore, and this weather is killing me. I keep saying Im going to go out, but keep making up reasons to not.

14. aaron21

aaron21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well my season ended on the wrong note for sure. i plannned on taking the 4th off to get 2 last days in before the close on the 6th, but no i came down with the flu. sorry for the poor showing fellas. if encounters could have put points on the board then i could have helped out. for those of you with time left best of luck.

15. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Tomorrow is the close of our season here. Haven't hunted at all lately, but gonna try and make it out tomorrow afternoon. If nothin else just to sit in the woods one last time.

16. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Well? How did it go?

After six excruciatingly long weeks of recovery I'm finally going to be back on the stand this weekend. Actually, it'll start Thursday afternoon. The Arkansas season runs until the end of February, so I've still got time to get my three deer there. Now if I can just get the deer to cooperate and show themselves.

17. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Didn't really go. When I got to the property the pipeline construction was doing what they call a pull back. They had to drill under a road and creek and over to my property. Then they hook the drill bit to the pipe and pull the pipe back to the drill. When they do that there are so many guys there watching and making sure everything goes smooth. There is also 8 escavators holding the pipe on my property making tons of noise, and a bunch of welder trucks there waiting to finish up the last few welds. So, I knew sitting in the stand would be a waste. I ended up still hunting up and down a couple creeks, since the snow melted and had them running pretty loud to cover noise of me walking. But didn't see any, and didn't expect to. Was more hoping to find a shed then anything, but that didn't happen either lol.

Anyway, enough about me. Good luck in Arkansas. Man you get around down there lol. That's what, 4th or 5th state you hunted? Pretty sweet. Hope to hear you put some meat in the freezer down there buddy.

18. LittleChief

LittleChief Administrator

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, technically it's the fourth state for this year. On the 29th of December I climbed a tree behind my house with my muzzleloader. I didn't think I was ready to use the bow yet. It was 20 degrees and not a hint of wind. At 7:30 I had two does walk right to me making me wish I'd taken the bow instead. I took a 10 yard shot with my TC Encore 50 cal. I was surprised that she made it the 15 yards she did. :tu:

19. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! I wish I didn't get myself I'm such a funk and hunted more the last few weeks. I hunted over 200 hours without a shot (part my fault cuz for the first 150 hours or so I was passing all doe...) So mentally I was burnt out. When it got cold, on top of being let down, I had no desire to go out. Was odd, nothing used to be able to stop me lol. Planting a ton of turn ups this year though, so late season should be great here going forward...so I won't be able to sit it out like I did this year lol.

20. Copehunt

Copehunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    LC how many deer is that for you this season?