Team 27....

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by MNpurple, Jul 17, 2012.

1. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Actually, I love you guys...I hope you retain....:)

2. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Fingers crossed? lol

3. rknierim

rknierim Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'm going in the morning to try again for that big sucker that ran by me Tuesday afternoon. Sure would be nice to get him. I don't get off work til 1am and am planning to leave by 5am at the latest. Want to try to get there a bit early to open up the few lanes I have from that stand a little wider. Sure would be nice to put this bad boy down with my new bow.

4. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck? What new toy did you get?

5. rknierim

Dislikes Received:
    Mission Ballistic. And I got my new icebreaker boot insulators in the mail yesterday. Those those should make for a much more enjoyable hunt with warm feet :)

6. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Team this was the last day and nothing. We had a great run last and this year and I really enjoyed it. Hopefully next season some of us will be on a team together. Good luck next season!

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk 2

7. rknierim

Dislikes Received:
    Those Ice Breakers are the bomb!! About 10am I realized that my feet were actually the warmest part of my body for a change. WOOHOO!!!! Saw 13 does but no bucks. Still have one more weekend don't we? Isn't the contest over on the 15th?

8. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    Rizzo have you entered your buck yet?

9. rknierim

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, contest is pretty much over. Just want to say I'm sorry. Feel like I let the team down this year. I really didn't see much worth shooting this season. It was really an odd season for me. The only good buck I saw was a monster, but when he came thru he was hell bent for leather. The neighbors scared him up and he was running hard to get away. Went back again to try for him but didn't see anything. Was great hunting on a team with you guys again

10. Lester

Lester Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    It was great being on this team with you guys for the last 2 years. Sorry I did not get a chance at the buck I was after all season, but I do have his right shed. Do you think Fitz will let me get the 97" it scored :evilgrin:

[​IMG]

11. iHunt

iHunt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    We had a good run, team. No need for anybody to feel like they let anyone down, this whole contest is just for fun anyways :tu: I had fun getting to know you guys better, and I look forward to talking to everyone later on :)

12. MNpurple

MNpurple Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It was a good run and we put up a good fight this year. You all are a good groups of fellas

13. Evilstuff

Evilstuff Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    It was a good run, and that is one heck of a shed tom.... to bad you couldn't get ur hands around that in the fall.

it was really fun to get to know you guys, and hope to be at the g2g this year, so see you then!

14. wibowhntr

wibowhntr Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    It's been great being on this team for the last 2 years! We sure put up a fight to defend our title but it just didn't work out. For the guys on the team that didn't connect with a buck or doe this year don't feel bad, your time is coming and this is just for fun. It has been great getting to know you guys and hearing your stories. Good luck down the road and hopefully will be on a team next year with some of you guys.

15. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Buck entered btw. I agree it was great getting to know some of you. The best part of this contest if getting to know each other and following each other's seasons. I really thought this was going to be the year for me to get into the elusive 200 point club, but I blew 2 opportunities on great bucks! One of them was still alive as of last week. Hopefully, he makes it past this coming weekend's gun hunt in northern IL unless my Dad gets him.

2012 was a challenging year for my family and I. I was hoping 2013 was going to be much better, but it started out very poorly. I was informed the morning of New Year's Day that a lifelong friend of mine died in a single car drunk driving accident. Although sad, this was normal for him to be getting behind the wheel intoxicated even though family and friends urged him not to since high school.

Today is the first time I have been on here in 2013 so I do not know the date of the GTG yet, but I will be in FL with my wife/kids 6/3-6/13. I hope I don't miss it as I have enjoyed myself more and met more of you each passing year.

Mike

16. peakrut

peakrut Facebook Admin

Dislikes Received:
    June 8th Mike.

17. rizzo999

rizzo999 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I had a feeling that was going to be the date. I will be thinking of ya'll while I am being tortured by the little ones at Disney World!

Gonna head out tomorrow for a few hours to spend some quality time with my Dad in the woods leaning up against a fallen tree waiting for a whitetail to meander past us. I can't wait!