lets talk treestands

Discussion in 'Bowhunting Talk' started by coheley665, Dec 6, 2012.

1. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Glad you chimed in and glad you like the stand bud. Was going to send you a PM and ask you if you tried it yet. Was hoping my reference wouldnt lose you money and hurt my name in your book lol. I personally love the stands and was lucky enough to be shown by another hunter, so Im happy to pass the word when I get the chance.

2. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    yes thanks again for all the information on them i am really happy with the stand so far. i have not had a chance to get the brackets with the straps yet but im sure it wont be anyless then what i expect out of them. Kinda wierd they would say not to leave them up for long period of time. Ratchet straps and treestand go hand and hand in my book i get rid of the factory straps first thing then use ratchets, just make sure to check them over from time to time to make sure they dont have any rips or anything else in them (but same goes for any strap you use for treestands, saftey straps, saftey harnesses, ect.).Next year i am planing on having a few sets for these treestands so that way i can pack the stand in and out im sure it wont be to bad, might upgrade the shoulder straps though to get a lil more comforte out of it.

3. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    That's the first thing I did!

4. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    haha ya i realized there not the most comfy ones out there and with wanting to pack it in and out think that will be a good idea

5. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    What did you get?

6. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  7. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  8. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  9. Cooter/MN

Cooter/MN Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    If my main concern were confort I'd be sitting in my lazyboy recliner in the living room instead of going hunting ;)

I have hunted out of MANY stands...LW is by far the best overall I have used

10. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  11. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    now those are are just way to fancy for me lol im talking about just getting some better straps with some padding. I have the bow bat from game plan and love it but im kinda wondering how well it will be carrying the stand on my back and the bow bat on my shoulder hopefully they dont interfere with each other to much

12. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I had a hard time keeping my pack on my shoulders. The best I did was I carry the stand so that the spikes that connect to the tree are up, and I hung my pack on that. But, if you turned to fast or had to duck under something it would throw the pack off to the side and everything was off balance.

13. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    shoot wonder if u throw the strap of the pack over your head to the opposite shoulder if that will help? guess it will just have to be a trial thing until i figure out a good way

14. cmonsta

cmonsta Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah please let me know if you come up with somethin. I'll do the same for u. Was gonna try to figure somethin out when season ends and it gets a bit warmer.

15. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    ya will do i will probably do the same thing wait until things warm up and im not freezing my butt off outside

16. Heckler

Heckler Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I have the Bow Bat Xl as well. I don't carry it in the field other then when I am hunting out of a ground blind. Mostly for spring turkeys.

Here is why: 1. Scent - I don't have a big enough container to store the bow / bow bat case in. The leech pack fits in my air tight iris containers. 2. Kind of a PITA to get setup in the tree with the bow bat in the dark... Its great for all day sits but I like to get in, setup, quick, and super quiet. 3. Between carring a stand, sticks, and the bow bat, and fanny pack it got to be overwhemling, too much crap hanging off me.

So here how it goes. Pull the leech out of the container, hook it on my stand, slind stand over back, grab bow and away I go! Get to stand, unhook leach from stand, attach leech and bow to pull rope, put pack / stand back on. Climb tree with proper saftey quipment, slide stand in receiver, once on stand pull bow and leech up. Place bow on bow holder and attach leech to tree. Done!

17. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    ya i see where your coming from but i also have camera gear i pack in everytime so it starts to get a million things piled up

18. Robm1093

Robm1093 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    looks like a nice stand, If you could only have one stand this one vs loan wolf what would it be?

19. Robm1093

Robm1093 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    I am loving MY Lon wolf assault stand. Light, fast and easy to set up. But not an all day stand, NO WAY. I SHOULD HAVE GOT THE Millennium INSTED, JUST BECASE OF THE SEAT... THANKS FOR THE REVUEW...

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  20. happyhunter

happyhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    If you're talking about comfort and easy setup, but not much about mobility, then the Muddy Archer 20' ladder is the bomb. Easy setup, not heavy, but does require two to set. But it is without doubt the most comfortable stand I've ever used, and I've used a bunch. Only problem is there is some noise when climbing due to the downward 45 degree arm... Once seated, it is silent, and so comfy.