** Team 2 Thread **

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by cmkilo02, Aug 26, 2012.

1. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    That's awesome! Very happy for you and great job team!

2. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome. Congrats!

3. TeamTitanium42

TeamTitanium42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Thats awesome Bowchik. Can't wait for the pics! Keep it up everybuddy. I am bummed I can't add anymore points, but I guess it means I will have time to check the forum more then once a month

4. TeamTitanium42

TeamTitanium42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    BZ,

I have been in your shoes. 6 years ago I shot a non-typical buck in Iowa. Unfortunatly the shot was back in the liver and I watched him walk off and out of sight. I let him lay over night only to find him 20 yards from where I last saw him. The deer had a ring of dirt around him roughly 5-6 foot. His eye was poked out, his guts were punctured and 1 of his extra main beams was busted off, all from another rutting buck. The worst part was, you would think I could find that extra 8-9" point..........NOPE! So if nothing else you have a good story to tell.

5. Chiro_Archer

Chiro_Archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go Bowchik!!

6. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Happy Turkey Day, team. Hope everyone's day was filled with good food and family. Anyone make it out hunting today?

7. TeamTitanium42

TeamTitanium42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Kilo, same to you. I sat out in the morning. It was about 40 degrees with the wind swirling. Heard a few gun shots, but Lindsey was carrying a bow and we only had two doe come through. Are you getting to take advantage of a long weekend?

8. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Got in a quick hunt Wed - didn't see a deer.

Should get out one morning either Sat or Sun...it's time to start shooting some does. Always seems to still see a litte rut action in late Nov...so still holding out a little hope for a bigger buck - otherwise looking for a big dip in thermometer later in season to get the big bucks back on the food in daylight.

How long can everyone hunt til? Jan 20th here in IL...long season this year.

9. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    I am in the boat with you BZ, can't get out this weekend, up in WI for thanksgiving, hopefully get out on Tuesday and Thursday again once I get back

10. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Had family in for the last couple days. I'll be out again tomorrow. Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and let's try and put some points on the board!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

11. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Yeah, I'm probably heading out for an evening hunt with my brother-in-law. Went out last Tuesday on an off day and didn't see any deer but found a fresh scrape with tracks in it. It had been raining the day prior and I'm hoping he's still around since gun season ends tomorrow in WI.

12. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hunted today, but didn't see anything at all. Nearly froze my toes off. Really hope I can get a shot at a good buck soon!

13. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ditto. Only thing I saw was a lot of orange around me. Sat down for 30 minutes and had five hunters walk across the shooting lanes. One lady even had a dog. Still, it was great getting out there. Little bit cold but sunny and the moon was up. Only thing better would have been sticking a deer.

14. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys I have been having phone issues and couldn't get into my email to send my pics to the computer but got them up finally! And... posted them on the scorecard thread.
    Doe1.jpg Doe2.jpg

15. smctitan

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys, I've been hunting this new spot recently because its rifle season here in MD, and got my first buck ever on saturday night. It's a 7 acre spot in a residential area backing to a huge reservoir. No hunting at all around me and the owner only let's me bow hunt. I haven't seen less than 10 deer any time out and I finally got a tree stand up right before thanksgiving. Saturday night I got out by myself and had this guy come in at last light. I had been watching a group of does about 80 yards out hoping they would make it in to me before it got too dark, when I looked down and he was right below me about 30 yards out. It was getting dark and all I saw was antlers so once I got him through my peep, I knew I was gonna shoot.

I was really happy with my shot. Double lung and he only ran about 100 yards back onto the reservoir land. My arrow lodged into his far shoulder which explains why I couldn't find it after I shot. Also, with me being red-green color blind, I knew it would almost be a joke trying to find a blood trail alone. I followed the path I saw him take after I waited a half hour ( I had heard him go down) and walked into the reservoir. After about 5 minutes flashing my light around I found him. He would have been a 4 point, but his left side was broken off about an inch up. By no means a giant, but it was my first kill alone and first buck ever. I felt great about the entire hunt. Unfortunately, I can't enter it into the contest because I hunted alone and couldn't take two pics with my bow. We can take multiple bucks here, so am I allowed to enter another one? The picture of me and the buck was at the processor and with it being first day of rifle, they were extremely swamped with customers and I didn't feel comfortable asking them to wait for me to get out my bow and snap the pics. What do you guys think I should do?

Attached Files:

16. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    First off, congrats on the buck!! It's a hunt you'll never forget, I'm sure. As for the contest, I doubt Fitz will make an exception of the rules for you. I'll be more than happy to ask him but I doubt it will be allowed. Even if it was, it would only count for 50 points since he's obviously under 100 pts. Again, don't sweat it. It's a nice deer and an even better story.

17. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Bowchick, I checked your scorecard entry and you need to add date and time for your deer to count.

18. smctitan

Dislikes Received:
    That's what I figured. I don't want him to make an exception for me or us. We can take 3 bucks here and I've seen the same 8 point three times now, twice within range but he wouldn't give me a shot. He's bound to make a mistake sooner than later and I'll make sure to get him on the board.

19. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job Titan! Congrats on the buck. He will be good eating too, so thats a bonus for you ;-). Nice pics Bowchik, no luck for me, couldn't make it out on Tuesday and ML Season started yesterday, but I will be out next weekend when Archery is allowed, I will just don my orange hat and vest. It will give me a little more time to do some studying I need to catch up on anyway for a couple certifications I am working on. Hope everybody is having a good week and had a great Thanksgiving! Goodluck if anybody is going out this weekend!

20. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks kilo got it.