Team 31

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by AlexB32, Aug 25, 2012.

1. bporter

bporter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Split tines junk all over. Wondering what he would score lol

2. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys hope you had a good thanksgiving. Ive been sitting as much as possible ive had some interesting sits while ive been home(stories in other threads) the deer movement hasnt been the best but I'm glad to be out there. Today is really windy but im going to sit this afternoon hopefully see some deer, if i see a doe im going to take her just so i can get some more meat for the freezer and another deer under my belt so i am ready for that buck when he comes walking through. Good luck guys.

3. jeffacarp

jeffacarp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck tonight Tyler! Get it done!

4. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nothing tonight the wind was crazy! I'm hoping i can get out tomorrow morning before my 2nd thanksgiving with the other side of the family. I dont think i can get back in time for an afternoon hunt so that might be all she wrote for me back home for the time being.

5. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys my hunting is done here for now till i come back in december for winter break. Even though i didnt have much deer action i had some really cool encounters that i will never forget. Seeing 2 hawks fighting the other day then 2 eagles fighting today, along with being within 10 yards of a deer after dark. So it was a good week with out getting a deer. Ill be back trying my luck on public land.

6. Gr8atta2d

Gr8atta2d Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll get it entered in a week or so I'm in Pennsylvania for the next week rifle hunting.

7. fletch920

fletch920 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I just got my doe entered a few minutes ago. I have done all I can, 220 points. It will be fun to see where we stack up when the points are all updated. It looks to me like we will make a nice move up. Good luck to everyone still hunting!

8. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job Fletch. Im heading out today after class. Hopefully i can put a buck on the ground! Im still having trouble pick my spot on where to sit tonight.

9. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    That's easy man, just pick the spot where the buck is going to be. Good luck!

10. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Haha i wish i knew. Im sure ill see deer in either spot though so it will be a last minute decision probably.

11. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Hey fellas, sorry I havent been on here much lately! I've been putting in crazy hours at work since my stretch off. I've got the lap top with me this week and it has the other pics of buck, so I'll have my portion of the scorecard up to date. should tally up a total of 194 and 3/4. I plan on doing this Thursday evening. I'm thinking our jump in the standings will be significant once we get all these points accounted for.

Anyone hear from Sharpeye? He's got a buck and doe we need entered.

Good luck to all those in a tree!

12. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Thats a heck of a score Fletch! Nice work!

13. fletch920

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks man. Looks like we need some more deer on the ground. lol Good luck to those of you still hunting. Enjoy!

14. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Ill have to wait till next week to get out again since the 2nd shotgun season is this weekend :sad:

15. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys just got my buck entered again with the 2 pics and score breakdown this time so we should recieve credit when they update again. Anyone heard from sharpeye? I'd love to get his buck and doe on the scorecard to see where we stand.

Good luck to all yall still getting in a tree. My season is basically over, might try to whack a doe or two off some different family land and donate the meat to a few families in town. Sometimes I really wish you could get more than 1 buck tag in Kansas. Oh well, less than a year until I get to go after some horns again haha

16. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys hows it going? I havent been able to get out much due to school and the semester coming to an end, after next week ill be done then it winter break!:nana: :woot: So once im done with school ill be hitting the woods hard for the last month of the season and at im hoping to get at least another doe for the freezer but im really hoping for a buck! Good luck to the guys who are still hunting.

17. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, season is winding down, it's been a memorable one! Just wanted to check in and see which of y'all are still trying to fill tags. I've got an extra antlerless tag left. I'm gonna see if I can test out my deep 6 spitfires on a slick head Wednesday and Thursday. I'll be donating this meat to a family in need, I think that's a nice thing to do around the holidays for people needing the food. Anyways, best of luck to those still going at it, a couple 200" studs would sure help the team 31 cause haha.

18. geaton32

geaton32 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    still trying will be back in the woods after christmas

19. jeffacarp

Dislikes Received:
    Well guys I'm officially tagged out completely. Drilled a nice 150# doe last night with fresh snow on the ground. I center punched her heart with a D6 spitfire and seriously, Helen Keller could have followed the blood spray in that snow. This was my first late season kill and with enough base layers and handwarmers i found it be enjoyable.

This was my 4th deer of the season, needless to say my deep freeze is full so I'll be donating the meat to our church to distribute amongst some less fortunate families. Good luck to those of you with tags left! Merry Christmas!

Hopefully these pics show up big enough, I've never posted from my phone before.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356125068.489885.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356125103.341636.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356125146.676751.jpg

20. bporter

bporter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey all. Sorry for not checking in for a while. My wife and I had our baby on 12-9-12 and things have been a little hectic since.

Hope you all had a wonderful holiday season. Sorry I didn't put any points up but I learned a lot this year.

Take care and good luck if you still have time