---------team 8----------

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by CleChevy, Aug 25, 2012.

1. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Whaa Hooo Justin... gettin' it done!
    Atta' boy - congratulations, enjoy the tenderloins!!!

Looks like I'll be going out tomorrow (all day). Looking forward to it. Like most; I've archery hunted more this year than ever before (guess being on a TEAM really motivates an old guy to enter the woods!).

2. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Saw you were having trouble putting them on the scoreboard. Do you have a photobucket account? A lot easier to do it from there. Just download the images to photobucket and copy and paste them to the site.

3. CleChevy

CleChevy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe another one in the scoreboard

4. scarps23

scarps23 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Don't have photobucket. If it is something I can just download then let me know. All I keep getting is Matthews Inc pop up in other window. Even if I click to close the box it opens new Matthews window.

Never had any problems uploading photos before. Would be nicer to post photos in full view instead of attachments. Any suggestions or help is welcomed.

Inside tenderloins are gone. Part of backstrap has been eaten. Going to bbq the rest this Saturday wrapped in bacon.

5. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Ok. Downloaded photobucket. Now I need to know how to put on this site. Thanks

6. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Okay.

Go to upload. Select the pictures you want. Then click the upload button. After it downloads go to your library and you'll see the images that you downloaded. Click on the image and you'll see image links on the right side. Go down to the IMG Code and click on the link beside it. After you click on it, It should say copied. Once you do that, go to the site and paste it in to the message.

Thats all there is to it. Let me know if you have any problems.

7. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Got it figured out. Thanks

8. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Just realized I missed your question! I'm just recording all this in an Excel spreadsheet (mostly while at work and bored :lol:)

Latest Stats:

Hunts so far this year: 23
    Morning: 11
    Evening: 12
    Total Hours: 66.75
    -------------------------------
    Bucks seen: 10
    Does seen: 27
    Fawns seen: 15
    Unidentified: 17
    Total Deer Sightings 69
    (some deer are seen more than once)
    Deer taken: 1
    **counting the one I shot and some other hunter took
    Average Temp (across all hunts): 58.8 deg F
    Weather Conditions Breakdown: 40% Clear; 56% Cloudy/Pt Cloudy; 4% Storm/Severe Weather
    Number of Disturbances : 1 out of 23 hunts

9. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Well... rifle season opens in NY tomorrow at daylight. This is going to be my first year hunting rifle season with my archery equipment. I have sold/traded all my long-guns and look forward to archery only. So I'm [still] looking forward to helping the team up our points all season long.

10. Jake/PA

Jake/PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck buddy. Ill be using my bow during the PA rifle season too. Its not going to be easy but hopefully I get something.

11. CleChevy

CleChevy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well I went out Thursday afternoon and glad I didn't move my stand because I had 2 yearlings does bed 3 yards away. Ended up having 8 does in at the same time which pretty much never happens at this property. I was hoping a buck would be following them but never happened so I decided I would take one of the mature does. I was patiently waiting for one to step in range and what do ya know the dog sitter tv the house I'm hunting at shows up and let's the dogs out who start barking at all the deer and she's yelling at them to come back. All the does haul out of there. Oh the joys of urban hunting haha

12. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Funny... Frustrating but still funny :rolleyes:

13. CleChevy

CleChevy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Oh I know, I mean I know its her job so Im not too mad, but I dunno if shes some kind of anti hunter. I do enjoy messing with her though, I'll start making a bunch of buck grunting and rattling noises and she'll stop and stair into the woods and I just sit there and laugh my butt off haha

14. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Shoot a couple of lighted nocks into the ground while she is looking after the grunting. Should really get her wondering. The grunting part is funny. Too bad on the interrupted hunt.

Pretty quiet on here. Went for a drive before dark last night and it seemed like the deer were moving a little earlier than normal. Colder front this weekend might help for those that can still hunt. Good luck!

15. CleChevy

CleChevy Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I'm heading out in the morning until family starts showing up so hopefully we will have some back straps with the turkey haha

16. Slider46

Slider46 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Welp the last few hunts have been just bleh.

Hunted the 19th and 20th.

On the 19th it seemed like deer were moving very early and very late in the day. Had a buck walk up to me while I was at the base of my tree - an hour before sunrise.

Had deer come out about 15 minutes after sunset that evening but the only thing that presented a shot was a 1.5 year old spike and a button buck.

My hunt on the 20th was very quiet. Saw two deer up on a ridge when they bolted - heard me walking out.

MD rifle season goes until Dec 8th so the only place ill bowhunt is the reservoir. Its bow only. Hoping my luck changes in the late season. I have until Jan 31st to fill a tag.

17. Matt / PA

Matt / PA Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry guys I thought I'd have something to show for the team other than a doe so far........this has been possibly the worst season I have had in 27 years of bowhunting for # of deer I've seen. In 17 separate sits in bow season I didn't see a single legal buck! And very few does even in range. I'm very careful of the wind and pressure and it just didn't happen.
    Hopefully I can get something on a late season food pattern??!! Still time but..............

I'm like deer repellant this year. :(

18. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck with the rest of the season. Only takes a couple of minutes to change that bad season into a great one. As I'm sure you are aware of with the years of hunting experience. As long as you are still enjoying being out there. I wouldn't be worried about the contest or sorry about anything.

Again, good luck to anyone else out there. I'm waiting for late season muzzleloader to get the bow out again. I'm hoping for cold weather and snow for the late season which should help bring them to the food plot we planted two years ago. Last years warm winter didn't bring them into the plot very thick until after season.

19. scarps23

Dislikes Received:
    Just checking in and seeing if anyone has been out. Seeing anything, etc. We have 2nd shotgun season this weekend. I'll be out hunting with group, but have zero confidence in our groups hunting abilities. Mostly good company to hang out with. In a couple weeks I'll be able to get the bow out again and use for late muzzleloader.

Good luck to anyone still hunting. Kind of dead on here.

20. gltomp

gltomp Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I'm still here... and still hunting (with my bow - even during rifle season). Been scarce; seen does, fawns, and a couple of bucks, but nothing that presented a shot. I'm going out again tomorrow (even though it's predicted to rain)... hope I can sneak up on the does in their beds.

I'll keep y'all posted. Good luck to all you team members!!!