** Team 2 Thread **

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by cmkilo02, Aug 26, 2012.

1. soccerdan90

soccerdan90 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Not to hack your thread but if he tagged it as his kill then ya it should count. But if he didnt then it shouldnt. You may want to pm Fitz and ask him about it.

2. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Interesting. I wonder if there were any posts about him shooting it a month ago and not being able to locate it. I'm sure Fitz will address this issue appropriately. As for my own opinion, I would say no simply for the fact that there is so much decay and who knows if the carcass wasn't stumbled upon while hunting. I'm NOT saying this fellow hunter is lying; I'm simply stating that it would be difficult for me to have that deer scored if if I were in his shoes. Either way, it's up to Fitz and other administrators to determine if it will count. This case can prove useful in future competitions as a possible rule change, though.

3. oldkybowhunter

oldkybowhunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    To me i don.t think this deer should count did he put his buck tag on it?

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I read through his team thread. He said he put a tag on it, so I guess it should count if he used up his tag. Not sure if he's in a 1 buck state, or not, but at least he tagged the deer.

As for my hunting season, I wasn't able to get close enough to the big boys. My vacation is over so now it's back to work. I won't be able to hunt until the weekend after Thanksgiving. Still have until Jan 6, but not sure how much hunting I'll be able to get in between now and then.

5. Chiro_Archer

Chiro_Archer Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Man, I am pumped and disappointed at the same time, saw one of the Monsters I have been seeing on cam at 1045 this am! He came in after a big doe, but I couldnt get him within any closer than 65 yards, I got him walking around on video, I am glad it didnt catch me swearing when I grunted/growled at him and he ended up skirting away, said a few choice words and shook my head in disbelief, but it was SO COOL seeing that kind of animal in person! I will post a clip of the video soon!

6. Captain Morgan

Dislikes Received:
    Looking forward to the video. I think I'm going to set my decoy up as a doe in late estrous and hope the big boys believe it at the end of November! I just need to get some white rags to stuff in the tail section and rig up a way to keep the tail upright. I want to move my trail camera over to the corner of the field the big boys use, but I don't have a cable lock that fits it and that corner is too close to the neighboring properties. I don't want a $200 camera stolen!

7. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    So interesting day for me today...to make a long story short, everything I was promised by the Doc I work for as an Associate was completely bogus, and to top it all off today, the office tech pulled me aside to tell me he told ehr last week that she was no longer to do any patient follow ups or new patient intake for me ( which is what her job is). So to make a long story short I am taking a personal day tomorrow and pulling an all day hunt to try and tag one of those bruits before gun season gets her friday, sorry I just needed to vent a bit, stuck at this job due to fine print in the contract, unless he fires me I am stuck there to May, but DEFINITELY had the last straw today. Hope everybody else is having a much better week than I am thus far, and if any of you guys are hunting tomorrow or this weekend, good luck and be safe!!

8. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well team - had a great day yesterday.
    Called the boss late Tuesday and asked for Wed off - just haven't got the hunting time in this year - and I knew bucks were moving big time around here. (I took Monday off and sat Dark to Dark in my best stand, saw 8 bucks, just nothing I felt worthy of shooting).

So Wed I decide to hit my favorite spot on public ground that I was unable to hit last year...have had good buck action there in the past. I set out early for another all day affair with my climber on my back. Everything seemed perfect, until it was beginning to push noon and I had yet to see a deer. I have never been skunked in this spot. My buddy kept texting me and and would reply - "I only need to see one deer today." Well, at 11:55am, I hear footsteps and here comes a nice buck. Before I even had to grunt he turns my way, at 30 yards I did a mouth bleat to stop him. He didn't hear it and kept coming closer luckily...as he approached a small opening in the tree limbs I bleated again and stopped him at just under 20 yards. Got the double lung pass through and as he headed for the huge ravine I knew he wouldn't go far. I then hear the loudest crashing and breaking I have ever heard a deer make as he rolled down about a 100 yards into a nasty hole. Now the bad news - when I got to him, his rigth antler was broken off at the base...bummer. The leaves were so deep I wasn't sure I'd ever find it - I did find the main beam and first 3 points, but he also broke beam just after his G3...which I'm sure he had a G4 and rest of beam to make him a 9 point. So, I will ask Fitz how I need to score this - sorry if we don't get full points on this one! It was a great hunt, and almost impossible to pull him to the top of this ditch by myself - even then, still had .75 mile to road but could use the deer cart for that...very sore today:)

Here's a quick pic from my cell phone...more pics later once I know how to score him...I won't be able to measure him until Sunday anyway...

12-11-14 Bow (cell ph) (3).jpg

9. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I read your other thread and put in my two cents. Regardless of which team has this issue, if the shooter can show the rack fits together, then everything should be counted as such.

Great story and great buck, Matt! Very happy for you! :tu:

10. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job BZ way to pull one out on your favorite spot! That is a nice deer regardless of whether they count the rack or not, great job!!

11. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome job teammate!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

12. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Matt, if you didn't see your other thread, Fitz said he will count it as long as you meet all of the regular requirements. Make sure to give your scoring breakdown, two (2) pics WITH your bow, date & time, etc. Great job again, brother!

13. Captain Morgan

Dislikes Received:
    Matt, that is an awesome deer. Shame about the fall and busted antler. :( Glad somebody gets to put some points on the board! I just hope one of the neighbors doesn't take the big boys during gun season before I get back out there with my bow.

14. TeamTitanium42

TeamTitanium42 BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Hey everyone. It is a little after midnight here in Michigan and I just couldn't sleep without getting online and sending you guys all an update. I have been gone for 2 weeks to my property in Ohio that I hunt with my dad, sister, and wife. As luck would have it I was fortunate to harvest a nice 150 2/8" 10 point. Yes, the hunt is all on video, so keep your fingers crossed it will be up on a upcoming Bowhunt or Die episode!

Rt MB- 24
    G1- 4 7/8
    G2- 4 6/8
    G3- 6 3/8
    G4- 5 5/8
    C1- 5 4/8
    C2- 4 5/8
    C3- 4 3/8
    C4- 4

Inside Spread 20 1/8

Lt MB- 25 4/8
    G1- 5 2/8
    G2- 4 1/8
    G3- 6 1/8
    G4- 6
    C1- 5 4/8
    C2- 4 5/8
    C3- 4 4/8
    C4- 4 3/8

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  15. Chiro_Archer

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome Buck man, congrats!!! Deadly Dozen are Wacken n Stacken them lately, keep it up guys!!

16. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Holy crap, that's a nice buck Titan!! Real happy for you and definitely would love to see that on an episode of BHOD! Keep it up team and now that gun season has started in WI, keep your orange on. Those guys will shoot at anything that is brown.

17. smctitan

smctitan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck Titanium. Just remember team we get 50 points for does as well and we need all the help we can get. I think there's now two bucks that we have that haven't been included in the overall team score update. Can we enter 2 does along with one buck?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

18. cmkilo02

cmkilo02 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    To answer your question, per the rules: "Each participant is also allowed to enter ONE antlerless deer as well. Antlerless deer, regardless of size, will count as 50 points."

It sucks but that's what Fitz and the other admins agreed upon. I'm planning on heading out again in the next few days. Finally got some time off after working numerous double shifts. Money is great but all the work is stretching me thin. It will be nice to get in my stand again.

19. bz_711

bz_711 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Titanium - Awesome Buck!

I just submitted my broken buck (and more pics of the break)...119 5/8 score. I estimate there is still another 10-12 inches to be had if I can find the remaining piece of beam - although I will probably only get chance to go look 1 or 2 times before season ends - not an area I frequent regularly.

Keep it up team - I full expect to add a doe to score in next couple weeks - keep 'em coming team. Good luck to all - still a lot of season left in most states...

Thought I'd add one more pic I took after shooting my buck...a sight that never gets old...bloody passthrough driven into the ground 2012-11-14_12-13-36_356.jpg

20. Bowchik

Bowchik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Finally got my first doe with my bow! I will get pics loaded today here and the scoreboard!