***Crimson Vanes - Team 12***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by xtreme16, Aug 25, 2012.

1. virginiashadow

virginiashadow Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    GOOD luck Rocky!

2. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats man all the hard work paid off!

3. Chall08

Chall08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on a heck of a buck !

4. Nick Kowalik

Nick Kowalik Newb

Dislikes Received:
    now thats what we are looking for!!!!!!

5. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Guys just a reminder. Please take a look at your entries and make sure you have the appropriate info so your harvest counts! I will be adding up the points when I get some time to make sure the pts. Match up with there scores. Keep up the good work guys!

6. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    http://[​IMG]
    Tank broke off his P2 ,it was 14 inches, what a beast,so much for him staying 180,been after him for 8 years,perfect 5x5 ,he's on his down swing now, beams are still out to his nose,he was my # 3 buck.He still has the big body ,he's tipping 300+pounds Got out till 3:30 today and had to pack it in,the wind chill was to much with -18 it ended up -28 with the wind chill. Had nothing on my ears, LOL. Only saw one doe that was being followed by a spike @10:15 then at 11 had a cow moose get out of her bed at 80 yards and walk away. I'll try to make it the whole day tomorrow .
    Rocky

7. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    on stand

Pretty busy this morning, I''ve had 4 bucks 1 doe and 3 yotes so far and it's still morning. One buck was150 and the rest were little guys.
    Rocky

8. Chall08

Chall08 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Put my first buck down today ! Unfortunately it's no good for the team cause I took with my rifle but still excited for a kill. It was a small 4pt

9. OHbowhunter

OHbowhunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Well I hit KY again this weekend. I passed on 3 small bucks. But a kill was made on the property. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352773137.093537.jpg

Then I got to stay an extra night unplanned... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352773182.254449.jpg

10. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    Dang! Was it a flat? Congrats on the yote!

11. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    No I had a waterpump go out in Northern Kentucky. I got all my hunting gear out and made it back to the hunting lease but it rained all morning hunt this morning.

12. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    The Rest Of Day Hunt
    Was quiet right till 4:45 and I saw a bull moose jump the fence at 40 yards. Tried to draw my bow and I couldn't get it back, not once but twice. Then to rub it in he walked to 10 yards right in front of me and started eating leaves of the bush. I tried drawing two more times and the 4th time I yelled and the bull blew out of there. I blew my shoulder out 3 weeks ago and hid the pain with pain killers for work and for my mind set. I should have tried drawing my bow 3 weeks ago, it would have saved me sitting in -20 weather last week. Guess I'm relagated to the cheering squad. Sorry guys
    Rocky

13. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry to hear about that Rocky. So you think you'll be out all season?

14. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    OHbowhunter
    Well season is over in 2 weeks so yeah! I'm done. It hasn't improved in the last 3 weeks, so I got to get my thrills through my team and the site. I'm just so ticked that I couldn't draw my bow, I can still taste the Moose. That was enough meat for me & my two kids families for a year!!! Well with the rest of the week off I can go and get a new passport and book my trip to Play da Carma Mexico:nana: :lmao:
    Let's go # 12
    Rocky

15. carnivore1

carnivore1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys, sorry for the long absence. I've been working hard and hunting in all my spare time. Finally, today all the hard work paid off. I have been staying out of this area all year waiting for the right time. Being a meat locker owner, I usally can tell when things really start to rock 'n roll and we were getting some nice bucks in this past Monday, so I knew it was time to hit the good spots. It was really calm this morning, about 18 degrees and high pressure. My favorite weather for the rut for sure. I was situated in an ash tree about 18 feet up surrounded to the sides and behind by a thick cedar patch. Nothing was moving at all for the first hour of the day but then things started to heat up. First three does travelled through, then about twenty minutes later a doe ran through being chased by a basket racked eight. Then another twenty minutes and three more does came by and headed in the same direction as the first three. (A thick bedding area.) 10 minutes later I could hear a buck grunting behind the stand and I grunted back and grabbed the bow, but to my dissapointment it was another small eight point. He milled around the stand smelling the previous does' trail. He was grunting his butt off, and little did I know he was doing me a favor and calling another buck in. The small buck snapped to attention and I looked in the direction he was looking and this brute was barreling in to kick his butt, I had to almost yell at him to get him stopped. But he stopped quartering away at fifteen yards and i let 'er rip and smacked him perfect. He ran about 100 yards and doubled back in front of me about 60 yards and i watched him fall. AWESOME! Scores 158 6/8. You can see the measurements in the scorecard thread. Hope everyone else is getting out, it will only get better from here on out.
    Sorry about the pictures, I didn't realize the background would hide the antlers as much as it did.

IMG_1518.jpg IMG_1515.jpg

16. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to Chall08 and carnivore on the bucks!

Good luck to the rest of you out there!

17. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Carnivore! On the buck! As well as Chall08! Keep up the awesome work guys. There is still a lot of time for me to bloody some vanes and I hope to this weekend. WI I guess you can bow hunt during gun season so its a bonus for me! Go get em and make sure you put up the correct info for your harvests!

18. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    carnivore1
    Awesome buck teammate,congrats

19. OHbowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats Carnivore! Great buck!

20. NCRemington700

NCRemington700 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Carolina... Fulton Co, IL in November
    Congrats on the bucks fellas! Beautiful deer.

I didn't have any luck other than the doe in Illinois. The deer just didn't cooperate. Looks like our trip was just a week or so early. Oh well. Back at it here at home! Still have a month and a half.

Here's my Illinois doe. I've already posted her in the score thread.

[​IMG]