Team 36 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Matt, Aug 25, 2012.

1. buckhunter1988

buckhunter1988 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    oK WELL IVE BEEN HUNTING SUPER HARD SINCE IVE LAST POSTED. i PUT IN ABOUT 80 HOURS ON STAND IN OHIO AND GOT COMPLETELY SKUNKED. dIDNT HAVE A DEER WITHIN 60 YARDS THE ENTIRE TRIP. oNLY SEEN ONE BUCK OVER 100 INCHES AND HE WAS A QUARTER MILE AWAY ACROSS A FIELD LOL. aNYHOW iVE BEEN HUNTING THE DEVELOPMENT BUCK eXTREMELY HARD ANY CHANCE i GET IVE BEEN IN THERE. uNTIL LAST NIGHT WHILE i WAS BACK AT WORK i GET A CALL FROM MY BUDDY WHO OWNS A ARCHERY SHOP NEAR ME AND SAYS MY BIG BOY IS IN THE BACK OF A PICKUP SITTIN AT HIS SHOP. wELL i FIND OUT THE ROUGH SCORED HIM AT 193 AND SOME CHANGE. fREAKIN UNBELIEVABLE. tHE GUY THAT KILLED THE BUCK LIVES ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE DEVELOPMENT SO iM PRETTY SURE IT WAS THE BIG ONE i HAD SEEN. sO AFTER THAT BAD NEWS THE ONLY GOOD NEWS i DO HAVE IS THAT i DID SHOOT A DOE ONE MORNING ABOUT 10 OCLOCK AS i WAS DECEIDING TO CLIMB DOWN SHE WALKED IN TO ABOUT 9 YARDS FROM THE BASE OF THE TREE i WAS IN AND i SHOT HER AND SHE RAN MAYBE 30 YARDS AND PILED UP. tHE SHOT WAS A LITTLE BACK BUT ENDED UP CRUSHING A PART OF THE LUNG AND HIT THE LIVER. downsized_1020020812.jpg

2. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    congrats on the doe. thats a bummer about ohio i know its been really slow up here in michigan the last week things should be heating up any day now though. hopfully that wasnt the buck that you where after sounds like a stud though would love to see a pic of it

3. NebBowhunter

NebBowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe. I have been out 6 different times over the past couple of weeks. Not seeing the deer that I saw earlier in the year on cameras. Did see a doe and a couple fawns but didn't want to shoot her just yet. I've talked to a couple of farmers around here and they haven't seen the deer that they normally do. I think EHD wiped out more than most people think. Taking this Friday off to hunt all day along with Saturday. I head out to western Nebraska on the 8th to hunt some real good land. May have to leave the rifle in the case until I at least get a doe down. Good luck everyone with he rut. We are just starting to see signs here.

4. WakeCow

WakeCow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Hey Guys, just checking in I haven't been able to get on here in a while. I'm headed to South Dakota tomorrow to hunt til Sunday hopefully I can put something down out there. Good luck to ya'll

5. Trlblzr3

Trlblzr3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Back fom Ohio and Sandy pretty much kicked my butt. Rained everyday but Thursday and had three shooters come in from the opposite direction I was looking and never knew they were there with the wet leaves until it was too late, and one that walked straight in presenting no shot. Spotted me at 10 yds and gone.I did get a doe on the worst day weather wise.
    DSCN0947.jpg DSCN0945.jpg

6. Treehopper

Treehopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe

7. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats on the doe!

Trip to Ohio has come and gone, actually saw several deer no shot. It will be a trip ill take again, had a blast.

8. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys, sorry I have been lagging on updates. Hunting has been extremely tough here. The big bucks have been non existent (minus Zeus who I get pics of regularly, but mostly at night). I passed up a bunch of my prospect bucks, but cannot find a shooter. I get to hunt in the morning, and hopefully the weather holds out to not make it miserable this weekend. After that my chances are pretty much 0% cause gun season starts the weekend after

9. coheley665

Dislikes Received:

Same here with gun season and the chances. But I have been very fortunate so far this last week I had a 10pt around 140 pinned down for 4 days with a doe was able to close the gap to 60 yards on him but no shot with him chasing the doe around, then Wednesday evening I let my girlfriend take a shot at a 130-135 class 10 pt at 15 yards but as bad luck has it she ended up hitting him high above the spine and it was a non fatal shot so where both pretty down about that still but I did have a 120 inch 8 pt come under my stand Wednesday morning and let him walk. I have the remainder of the week to hunt then it's back to work then gun season so my chances get slim after that

10. NebBowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Gun season has started in Nebraska but I stuck to my guns and kept hunting with the bow. Managed to kill a doe. I will post photos later in the week. Seen some real nice bucks but nothing has got close enough to shoot. Hopefully something will come by within range one of these nights.

11. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    congrats on the doe. thinking im going to take a gun out opening day just cause the deer are pretty much running around like chickens with there heads cut off, but then back to the bow. just stick at one will slip up sooner or later as long as your seeing them then u know your doing something right just gotta wait till he makes the mistakes and comes by at 20 yards

12. WakeCow

WakeCow Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    SD was awesome between my buddy and I we seen 9 shooters. The deer out there were going nutz it was too much fun. I wasn't able to connect with one but my buddy did. He shot a nice 8 probably go 125". I had a real nice 10 @ 60yds the last night and another monster right at last light thought I was going to get a last minute miracle. I might actually go back after their gun season and see if i can't connect. Next year we're planning to go for 9 days instead of 4 can't wait.

13. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    very nice sounds like u had a successful trip even though u where not able to put one down. if you dont mind me asking where at where guys at in SD? guided hunt? public land?

14. Beagle001

Beagle001 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I am also interested. I am headed out there next year, down in Gregory county most likely

15. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    PICT0003.jpg well good news i happen to pull one of my cards on the way out of a stand sunday morning there was only one pic on it besides me since it was only out for 2 days didnt think much of it so was not in to much of a hurry to check it. well i finally did last night and just so happens the one other pic was this guy. well i know these deer very well from all the pics i have can tell with the brow tines, skinny, and one is taller then the other. just so happens this is the buck my girlfriend shot and hit high. she shot him on the 7th and here he is about a 100 yards where she shot him on the 10th. glad to see that he is alive and well

16. jtskullworks

jtskullworks Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I just rolled back into Louisiana last night guys. I have a good buck from Illinois to enter as soon as I put a tape to him and get some measurements. We roughly scored him as a 142" 9 point in camp but I will get some accurate measurements today!

17. Matt

Matt Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Awesome Congrats!!!

18. NebBowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That sounds like a great buck. Congrats..

19. coheley665

Dislikes Received:
    heck ya hurry up so we can see this big boy

20. Trlblzr3

Trlblzr3 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats man. Let's get those picks up.