Pope & Young Pile Up-Team 32

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Cablebob, Aug 25, 2012.

1. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well guys im kicking myself big time.. im proud of my buck but passing was deffinately a better decision. The past three sits have seen 3 different bucks all 120" or over and they were all from my hitlist. hunted the same tree i killed my buck from with a buddy of mine friday night. didnt see anything till last shooting light and two does went screaming across the powerline. i told him to get ready because surely a buck was behind them.. sure enough right on her butt was a monster buck. he didnt come closer than 45 yards but i feel like if i still had my tag i could have gotten him since im comfortable at that range. So i went to my best stand this morning to see what could have been.. boy was that a bad decision. does were all over me all morning had a few smaller bucks chasing.. on my walk out a doe ran and stopped 10 yards broadside tounge hanging out.. i knew a buck was behind her so i passed to see who it was.. the big seven from my hitlist stood at 15 yards broadside and all i could do is watch. worst feeling ever. Then this evening i went back to the same stand and the second i got in does were moving.. Looked to my right and saw a rack bedded down.. it was the biggest buck on my hitlist roughly a 140" 8 point. he chased his doe 3 times passed my stand the closest being 32 yards and i deffinately could have shot him. Then right after that i saw a 2 does working towards me. right behind them was another beast. he chased them all around the hill top around me letting out roaring grunts. It was awesome to see and the best hunting ive had in my life recently so I am thankful for that and i know where ill be for rut next season. my dad is going to sit that stand monday. hopefully he gets one of them so i can show you guys. get out there and get the big guys while they are on their feet!!! good luck to all who still have tags and curse PA for only allowing 1 buck tag per hunter

2. bossbucks25

bossbucks25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Saturday November 3rd, shot a 3 1/2 year old 9 pointer. He is going to be around the 115" to 125" range. He was on my list for a cull buck. He has not grown in body size at all, and his left side has not done anything either. His right side is nice. Just happy to say that I got one after 5 years with tag sandwiches. Will score him tonight after work and then post pictures aswell. good luck to hte rest of you.

3. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    IMG_0004.jpg
    This is my first bow buck ever. I know its not a huge but that means there is room for improvement. He came in wanting some of me miss november decoy. As soon as he knocked her over i let the rage fly. He walked two yards and then took a dirt nap.

4. bossbucks25

bossbucks25 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Here are the photos my fiance took, not the greatest photo but they will do.

2012-11-03_10.46.09.jpg

2012-11-03_10.46.18.jpg

5. heartstopper

heartstopper Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats that is a nice buck.

6. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Outstanding guys. My first (and only) buck taken by bow wasn't a big buck, but it was still a buck. congratualation Ironman and Bossbuck.

I travel an hour and half north Monday morning looking for deer but never saw them until this evening. but the ones I saw were chasing. I can't wait until Saturday.

7. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    More points to put on the board. Took this buck at 3:30 this afternoon. I've got a few trailcam pics of this guy. Named him Cactus because is right G2 looks like a cactus. 140-5/8 for a gross score. Unfortunately his left side is jacked up. Mature buck though. I'm very happy to have taken him. Slightly quartering away at 12 yards. That's the exit wound in the first pic right at the top of his leg. The bubbly blood next to my bow in the second pic is the entry wound.

And the footage was perfect! About as good as can be expected for self-filming. It'll be on an episode of HUNTERSlinkTV early next year. Check out HUNTERSlink.com to see it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    well I went out to check my mock scrape from 2 weeks ago and I really pissed this guy off. he and his friends tore up every inch of the ground around my stand. What do you all think he'll score? By the way this is Ghost. he's finally been caught on camera.

I actually have another shooter the following night.

King king.jpg

of coarse my pic is'nt downloadable.

Ghost ghost.jpg

sorry I had to take a picture of the picture??? stupid

9. Cablebob

Cablebob Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    BIG Congrats Guys! DD/MO, what a great buck! I went out monday and everything went perfect, until the mature doe I was hunting caught me move and bolted. I suck at hunting...:lol:

10. Tekel

Tekel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Ironman: He is bigger than the deer I was begging to come into range on Satuday :)
    Boss: That looks like a tall rack
    Nice kill dd/mo!
    selfbros: he looks like a good one, no clue on what he would score. Has he already gone nocturnal?

I went out saturday evening and had a spike come in and hang around for about 20min. He never got closer than 60-70yards. If you look at the picture below you can see his body between 2 trees. I sat til about 10min worth of legal shooting light and decided to go. I had heard a bunch of noises coming from the area they normally funnel in from for probably 30min but ended up deciding it was just squirrels. Since I saw at least one over there. I lowered my bow, climbed down and turned around to see a Doe about 60yards away turn and bolt with at least 1 other deer with her. I'm assuming its the same 2 does and fawn that I have on camera multiple times and were playing with my head the week before. I hiked out and was looking at the ground while crossing the field we normally park in and looked up to see 2 deer look up the same time I did. I stopped dead in my tracks and slowly reached for an arrow but they took off. I then crested the hill and there was ANOTHER doe that had just come out of some thick brush who apparently ignored the warnings of the other 2. She also bounded off in the same direction as the other 2. All 3 of these ran right in the direction of my 2nd stand and am assuming they came from that direction as well. I actually started in that stand but decided to move to my other one. Kind of kicking myself since they probably would of funneled right past me. I had written that stand off because last year in 5 sits, I never heard or saw the first deer. Now I just have to decide where I am going to sit saturday...

[​IMG][/url]

11. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    The rut is just starting here. plus the corn is still in as of yesterday. Good news is that I did see a grain wagon parked on the other side of the road empty. no of my buck's will start showing up until the rut is in like the picture. they are still looking but at night until I get down there this weekend are rape one with my Rage II blade. I was able to cop the pic down a ton and upload it finally.

ghost.jpg right at 4:58 AM

Last edited: Nov 8, 2012
  12. selfbros

Dislikes Received:
    Team I just wanted to let everyone know if they haven't already checked. Our score as of today is 581 5/8 points
    . the leader is at 680 something. after I put down my buck and doe tomorrow we should be good for the lead given no other teams take a monster. Keep at cause the deer are on the move.

13. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's the spirit!! I haven't been able to get out much, with the exception of Tusdays & Wednesdays. Now that the election has passed, I should gain a little more free time. I'm gonna continue to look for a decent buck for the next 2 weeks.. after that, I'll be good for at least 50 points :)

Derek, congrats again on that stud! Cactus is a perfect name for that guy. Awesome character!!

14. ArcheryAddict21

ArcheryAddict21 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    well guys passing bucks and patience deffinately pays. On the next to the last day here in PA my dad shot a real nice one 130.5" seven point. Its his first archery buck and shot it on his birthday. Im so glad i was home and got to spend the time with him tracking and dragging. Didnt weigh him but easily over 200 dressed.. check him out guys Dads buck 2012.jpg

15. Tekel

Tekel Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Went out yesterday for a full day sit and saw the biggest buck Ive ever seen on our property but he was on a mission and was over 100yards out. Also saw 2 spikes spar, 5 doe and a huge black bear. By far the most active day I've ever had.

Rifle season starts in next Saturday and unfortunately for our team, I will be carrying my rifle. Last year j went with my bow on opening day of rifle and had a small 6 pass me at about 60 yards. Right now I just need meat in the freezer.

16. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Josh. I guess you saw that Greg connected on a good one as well?

Congrats Ironman and Boss. Good luck to everyone else still chasing them.

17. Josh/OH

Josh/OH Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I seen that and what a stud. That's a hell of a spread! I'm hoping some of that good mojo comes my way. I'll be sitting all day tomorrow & Wednesday in a fresh area. Public land, but it usually doesn't get pressured too terribly hard. The timing and conditions shoult be optimal. A little bit of luck is all I need :tu:

18. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
  19. dukemichaels

dukemichaels Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I suppose I should supply the good word. Took an old buck this past Saturday.. at least a 6 year old by Justin and my trailcamera diary.

I don't think he'll score well.. good side will go an easy 70"... bad side will have trouble hitting 35".

I'll score him in a couple weeks once back from the butcher.

Congrats to all who have succeeded thus far!

20. DD/MO

DD/MO Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received: