Team 15 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by SouthDakotaHunter, Aug 25, 2012.

1. WIHoytHunter

WIHoytHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:

I'll be in the the woods Friday for most of the day and Saturday. Sunday I might be able to hunt the morning. Going to cheer on our beloved Packers from the 50 yd line. Can't pass up free tickets.

About your decoy post: I really enjoy using mine. It'll be out all weekend. Last year I had a small 6 pt mess around with it for about 1/2 hr. It noticed it and circled it, like it's supposed to, and even went up to it and sniffed it without spooking. Then the buck walked away and I grunted and the buck came back to it. I also had a small doe playing with it. It sniffed the decoys nose and jumped around and would sniff it again. A couple years ago I had a nice shooter stare at it from inside the woods and it looked like it was going to come out and when I went to turn my body, my stand made a noise and spooked the deer. My only advise is to make sure you spray it down real good and try not to touch it at all with your bare hands.

2. DoubleLung

DoubleLung Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the comments fellas! I'm hoping to use one this weekend.. i'll let you all know how it turns out... have a great weekend everyone!

GO PACK GO!!! that one was for you WIHoytHunter! I love my Packers. :)

3. SouthDakotaHunter

SouthDakotaHunter Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Bucks seem to be getting bigger by the day - only a matter of time before they are all out cruising (hopefully)...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I GOT HIM I GOT HIM!!!!!!!!

Target buck down and 132 1/8 points for Team 15!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

DSC_0124.jpg

5. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Dude?!!?!? Congrats!!!! Great buck, my brotha from anotha mutha!! :D

[​IMG]

6. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Make sure you post up the story in the archery forum! Dying to hear about it!

7. nhbowhunt

nhbowhunt Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    nice jobs on the bucks sevi316 and junior sean sorry about your sholder i will be out monday thur wenesday then me and my son will be going russain boar hunting in vt next weekend

8. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Holy smokes!!!! That's getting it done!!! Seeing a buck like that is always awesome, but being able to put the beast down is another challenge in itself!!! Huge congrats!!! Can't wait to hear the story!

9. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    In the stand passing time so thought I would check in quick. Great morning for a sit - deer just aren't cooiperating.. Did have some furry beast go through this AM. Looked like a cross between a yote, coon and beaver - was just to dark to tell. Good luck to everyone. I've got a friend that is arriving from mich tonight to hunt with me next week - so hopefully things really kick in...

10. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Sevi!!!!! Nice fricken buck! Congratultions, way to go brother!

11. Junior

Junior Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Flippin awesome buck Sevi!!! I can see why you have a great big kool-aid smile on that one! Nice job!!!

Guys Im having problems with my phone, which is where my buck pics are located...Havent lost the pics or anything, just having some technical difficulties...gotta love technology...phones doing some crazy $h!t though...typing letters im not touching, sending the wrong things to people, etc etc etc....sigh...

Ill be in the stand again tomorrow attempting to fill my turkey and doe tags! Good luck everyone!

12. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Almost forgot, had an awesome experience...was in the stand (of course) as the sun was setting. Had a small forkhorn buck come in and bed down 30 yards from me. Love the Vertigo camo!! Was really neat to watch him completely relaxed and just chillin, but as the light continued to fade and the temperature dropped, I suddenly didnt think it was quite so neat anymore. Once the light faded enough, I snuck out of the tree. He had stood up by then, gave a little snort, and walked away. I was happy I didnt completely spook him and anything else which may have been in the area!

13. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks Everyone!!! If you would like to read the story I put it on the Bowhunting Talk forum.

Hope everyone has a great week on stand!!!!

Shoot straight!

14. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    2012-10-28 07.54.59.jpg 2012-10-28 07.55.49.jpg

If I scored this right, it's 73 3/8. Too bad he's broke off after the G2 on one side, but hey, he still tasted great! I was able to get the picks up on the score card, but I left the measurement breakdowns at the other house, so Ill edit the post after I get that breakdown.

Scored another doe tonight! She and another doe were being pursued by three bucks! What an awesome sight and chorus of grunts!!

15. SouthDakotaHunter

Dislikes Received:
    Very nice Stacy! Great shooting!

Pulled my last trail cam tonight... I got a pic of the buck I missed the other night - still gives me a headache thinking about it - errr :-)

[​IMG]

16. WIHoytHunter

WIHoytHunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats to everyone who killed something.

As most of you know, I shot a dandy buck Friday night and came up empty handed on the recovery. I had a chip shot and instead of pivoting at my waist I lowered my arm and shot low on the deer. There was bright red blood on my arrow along with white hairs. When we started tracking the buck we found a pool of blood with bubbles. I got excited because I got a lung, right? Well after 200 yds we ran out of blood. I went back Saturday morn and still nothing. After looking at deer pictures and anatomy pictures I came to the conclusion that I nicked the right lung. What is everyone's opinions on whether or not this deer is dead?? I'm not very optimistic on this one. I am still sick to my stomach over the whole ordeal.

17. sevi316

sevi316 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Junior that is a Nice Buck!!

18. DoubleLung

Dislikes Received:
    Great job guys! They're all nice bucks!

19. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    thanks again guys..just happy i was able to get the phone to cooperate!!

SD, that is an awesome buck! Perhaps he will give you another shot at some point.

WI, it sounds like lung blood to me. With all the reading/research I've done, it's unnerving to me that some of those ol bucks can still go several hundred yards with only one functioning lung. Sounds like a similar situation here perhaps? (unfortunately) Sorry... just my opinion...any other thoughts out there?

20. Junior

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys, this is what I posted on the scorecard...my scoring seems off, and I admit I am a bit baffled by the thread on how to score...I can measure like no other, but the rest...I can not figure out how the heck people are coming up with their scores...a little help here guys please?

Team 15 & Counting
    Buck taken Oct 28th, 2012 at 8:30 AM from stand "ol creaky" at 35 yards
    2011 Bowtech Assassin (@52 lbs)
    Hostage rest
    Gold tip pro carbon arrow with pink and white tiger stripe blazers and pink nocturnal (of course!)
    Two blade rage
    Tru-fire release
    Gross Green Score (I think?? Doesnt seem right though) 73 3/8" ??? Alright, obviously math is not my strong point and I cant find where it states what should and should not be added to make up the score...help!!!

View attachment 23400 View attachment 23401

LMB 7
    G1 3/8
    G2 5 6/8
    H1 2 7/8

RMB 14
    G2 6
    G3 2 3/8
    H1 3
    H2 2 4/8
    H3 2

Difference