Entertaining Ideas,,tips suggestions thread

Discussion in 'Bowhunt or Die® - Web Show' started by bloodcrick, Oct 24, 2012.

1. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Announcer: After a series of staggering defeats, Bowhunting or Die crew assembled in the bowhunting.com studio in late 2011 for a session with famed producer Todd Graf. And, luckily for us, the cameras were rolling.

[ dissolve to bowhunting.com studio ]
    Todd Graf: I'll be honest.. fellas, the videos looked great. But.. I could've used a little more cowbell. So.. let's take it again.. and, Justin?
    Justin Zarr: Yeah?
    Todd Graf:Really explore the stand space this time.
    Justin Zarr: You got it, Todd.
    Todd Graf:I mean, really.. Explore the space. I like what I'm seeing. roll it.
    [ the pro staffers starts the videog again, as Justin bangs more wildly onto the cowbell, gyrating his exposed belly. On the Pedistal, Graf is smiling to keep from laughing. Before the session is interrupted, Justin misses a beat on his cowbell.]
    John Muller: Okay, wait! Stop! Stop! Todd, I'm sorry, could you come back down here, please?
    Todd Graf: [ stepping off the pedestal ] Fellas.. now, we just wasted two good shoots! This last one was even better than the first!
    John Muller: Well, it's just that I find Justin’s cowbell playing distracting! I don't know, if I'm the only one, I'll shut up.
    Dan: Nah, it was pretty rough.
    Justin Zarr:You know, I could pull it back a little, if you'd like.
    Todd Graf:Not too much, though! I'm telling you, fellas -- you're gonna want that cowbell on the video!
    Justin Zarr: You know what? It's fine. Let's just do the thing.
    Todd Graf:Okay, Roll it.
    Dan: One, two, three, four...
    [ the pro staffers starts the shoot once more, with Justin banging the cowbell right next to John’s ear until john pushes him, knocking over the microphone and causing Mike to fall ]
    John Muller [ stopping the song again, fighting Justin] COME ON, Justin!!
    Justin Zarr: NO, YOU COME ON!!
    Todd Graf: [ stepping off the pedestal again ] Guys, y’ know…that…that…it doesn't work for me. I gotta have more cowbell!
    Dean Krueger: [ grabs Justin's shirt ] Don't blow this for us, Justin!
    Clinton: [ cracks up ] Quit... quit being so selfish, Justin!
    Justin Zarr: Can I just say one thing?
    Todd Graf:Sure, baby! Just say it!
    Justin Zarr: I'm standing here, staring at bow hunting legend Todd Graft!
    Todd Graf:The cock of the walk, baby!
    Justin Zarr: And if Todd Graf wants more cowbell, we should probably give him more cowbell!
    Todd Graf:Say it, baby!
    Justin Zarr: And, Clinton, you are right - I am being selfish. But the last time I checked, we don't have a whole lot of video”s that feature the cowbell.
    Todd Graf: I gotta have more cowbell, baby!

Justin Zarr: And I'd be doing myself a disservice -- [begins to slightly laugh. Dean turns away and bites down on his carbon express to keep from laughing] and every member of Bowhunt or Die, if I didn’t perform the HELL out of this!

Todd Graf: Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Todd Graf: Babies.. before we're done here.. y'all be wearing gold-plated diapers.

Dan: [ confused ] What does that mean?

Todd Graf: Never question Todd Graf! Roll it! [ exits back to the pedestal ]

[ Justin picks up the fallen microphone and high-fives the Mike before getting into position ]

Dean: One, two, three, four...

Or something like that in the next video. JUSSAYN!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2012
  2. bloodcrick

bloodcrick Moderator/BHOD Prostaff

Dislikes Received:
    :hail:

3. jfergus7

jfergus7 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    :lol: Who is Todd Graft?

4. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    You may know him by his street name: GIANT SLAYER :D

5. selfbros

selfbros Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Fixed I didn't notice I misspelled TG's name. thanks.

6. coheley665

coheley665 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Not about the web show but the web site. I would love to see more articles wrote up with advice or just even updates on how the crew is doing in the woods or what activity is like. Doesn’t have to be a kill every article just how every ones hunts are going or what the deer movement is like.

7. dnoodles

dnoodles Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:

Do you guys have a breakdown of your viewership as to what media formats people are watching on? Most guys I know watch on ROKU or stream from the computer to the TV to take advantage of the big screen. I understand webisodes being short to match internet attention spans,, but you may be underestimating your audience.

8. Oly44

Oly44 Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I watch from my laptop but ill go full screen and i just get into it. I would watch it no matter how long it was!:rock:

9. AntlerAddict

AntlerAddict BHOD Crew

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks JGD! I believe my kids have made me a better person, and with that I believe I became a better hunter. I look at life alot different now. Since my kids have been in my life I hunt less, but have taken some of the biggest bucks of my life. Good luck to you also this season!

10. FLschwacker

FLschwacker Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Get some prostaff hunting in southern states, like GA or Bama. Im from FL and I can tell from the episodes the woods are different. The deer are smaller down in FL, so viewers Probobly wouldn't be all that interested in seeing our little deer shot. Thats why i say GA or alabama; they produce bigger. But to honest I don't watch to see big deer killed. I watch BHOD to learn. I tell guys at work about the site and the show all the time because of how informant it is. I've become a better hunter just because of all I have learned from the forums and the show just makes it that much better.
    I like that BHOD shows what the staff does for a living. Makes you feel like "these guys are just like me and have the same time as me to put into hunting with a busy schedule ". It makes me want to dedicate more time to the woods in the off season.

But I like the idea of more public hunts too.
    And the pimp your hunt idea!

11. Dickie Tunes

Dickie Tunes Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Richie Music AKA. ****ie Tunes, BHOD. Staffer residing in Northern Illinois, originally from south west Wisconsin, married with four great kids, love to hunt as much as humanly possible. Apparwently im the one hit wonder killed two great bucks on film in 2010 and havent had a shooter in front of me since, go figure!!! for the life of me I cant seem to get on a shooter!!!! only time will tell but im still out there livin the dream one tree at time! BOWHUNTORDIE!!!!!1

12. ILLbowhunter

ILLbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I like the idea of the viewers video hunts once in a while. I have been watching every single episode since you guys went to iTunes podcasts and a little mix of the viewers along with some advise on filming or self filming, even more so the advise around filming before and after the hunt.

13. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    Great responses and some awesome input. please keep the suggestions comming, believe me there being read and discussed on the side lines. Some are already in the making. BHOD is getting better all the time and its nice to get the viewers involved like this. Thanks, keep the suggestions comming, there are some great episodes comming soon. Also thanks to Brandyn the editor, he is doing an awesome job putting these together, believe me he is very busy!!
    Crick

14. Rob / PA

Rob / PA Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    But you missed your only video buck..... 3 TIMES!

15. bloodcrick

Dislikes Received:
    >>>BAM<<< :moose:

16. Tony

Tony Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    That's cuz he was too small ... :moose:

17. Coop

Coop Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    I am not brown-nosing as I don't know anybody personally being from SW Pa, but I think the show is great as is. This and Winke's web blog were the only two I kept coming back to each week and watching this fall.

As soon as I read the part about suggesting maps I thought "They can't do that or they may accidentally give up their spot locations" and then Justin replied with basically the same thing I was thinking haha.