Team 35 Check-In/Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by tynimiller, Aug 25, 2012.

1. jvanhees

jvanhees Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job Ryno! Deer slayer!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

2. Saskassasin

Saskassasin Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    good job buddy!

we are finally done harvest and finishing up baling tonight so I will have time to shoot the lay up.

final tally for the farm this year 17,000 bushels of flax, 17400 bushels of #1 wheat and 822 tones of hay. plus I still need to add up the straw bales. that works out to 1 million pounds of flax just over a million pounds of wheat and 1.64 million pounds of hay.

should keep a few people chewing.

3. OutbackRyno

OutbackRyno Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have no doubt you guys will follow shortly.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

4. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good job ryno. Slow to no movement here in AL. Only saw a few this week. No oppurtunities yet.

5. OutbackRyno

Dislikes Received:
    Ryno strikes again this morning. Freezers filling up fast. I may have to take a break.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

6. tynimiller

tynimiller Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Sask that is some big time farming bud!!

Congrats again ryno as I said on texts earlier.

I had a close (feet) encounter with a young 8 this morning in a blind at the swamp property which finally has me not thinking all the bucks are dead or nocturnal at the swamp property :) even though we're still getting pics...corn just simply needs to come out! Our food plot there should get hammered when that occurs.

Going back out this afternoon at the homestead small parcel on the primary scrape stand that's perfect for the south wind.

7. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Back out on the 160. Had a shooter 8 in range twice,but never ina lane. 10 yds more...for a lane, and he would be dead.. Craziest morning I have seen in a long time. He ran 8 does around in front of me all morning, with 3 other smaller bucks...insane!

8. Otto Dillie

Otto Dillie Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    this is y i bow hunt it hurt so much less download.jpg

9. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Weather report for next weekend looks great for me! The high drops from mid 60's to mid 30's overnight on the 27th. If that doesn't get the big boys moving not sure what will.

10. m3shadle

m3shadle Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a spike run through chasing two does last night. Poor guy was in rough shape. Had one horn broke off, a big bloody scare on his forhead and was walking with a limp. It was almost like you could read his mind from his facial expression like "Is this really what i'm suppose to be doing". Pretty amusing to say the least. The big boy that put him in his place never showed up. Still early yet.

It's funny to see how quite the forum is getting. Its like every one is busy at work or something. Like me :) (actually I am at work otherwise I wouldn't be posting at 2:30am)

11. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    That is hilarious! I hope the little booger snags at least one doe this year hah! I'll be hunting this weekend as well....not sure about Friday, but Saturday all day (may get down mid-day) and Sunday evening.....hopefully one falls.

12. OutbackRyno

Dislikes Received:
    Calm before the storm. I usually check in at work, but I have been a lot more busy than normal lately. Also been spending a lot of time processing deer. I think I may look into getting some professional butchering education. I am as slow as molasses.

13. sharpbroadheads

sharpbroadheads Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I have been working like crazy so I can start hunting this weekend...Ill be in a tree from this saturday through november 18th.

14. jvanhees

Dislikes Received:
    Wow that is awesome sharp. Ill be off all next week amd up at the buck property for 5 days....its no 3 weeks off but it will do.

15. sharpbroadheads

Dislikes Received:
    I keep stretching it out...started at a week, then two...this year three...gotta try to fill 6 tags...Mine and my wife's in Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky.....gonna spend a week in each

16. sharpbroadheads

Dislikes Received:
    so technically i get a week and a half, since 50% of the time I'm behind the camera...can we get some sort of clause or amendment to this contest....if my wife happens to be the one hunting and kills a big buck, it wont count on here...but I will be in the tree "shooting" it too...doesnt that count for something?

17. vectrix27

vectrix27 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Got a 3 hour sit in this evening. Saw 5 does. No shot oppurtunity again. Everything has been passing just out of range no matter where I sit. Everybody talking about the rut is starting to heat up. Maybe yall will get a big buck soon. Our bucks dont rut until January down here. Good news is, I am headed to Ohio Nov 10-17 so maybe I can catch the tail end of it up there. Good luck Sharp on your tri-state hunt.

18. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Keep going guys! Well I feel as though we hopefully will have one of those explosive weekends team wise...it'll happen one thing I know is we've been putting in the time. I sent an email to Fender as he's really the only teammate not around anymore...Trevor and dbl lung are here just not big posters.

Sharp that is freaking awesome! 3 weeks of enjoying God's creation, with God's greatest gift on Earth (wife)....AWESOME BROTHER! Remember you down something big or need help tracking just hit me up...I'm only like an hour away to the north of Plymouth and will gladly come help ya brother!

19. kfin1953

kfin1953 Newb

Dislikes Received:
    tomorrow

Will be in the stand early in the morning, was 75 degrees at noon today and will be 35 when the sun comes up tomorrow. been slow but hope this will kick things off. went bowling tonite and seen a nice 8 pointer on way home, hope this is a good sign for in the morning.

20. tynimiller

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck Kfin...I wanted to go but gotta work sadly. Let us know what you see....and hopefully post some trophy shots :) (with bow in them haha)