Team 30 Official Thread

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by Illinoishunter102, Aug 25, 2012.

1. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I went out over the weekend and saw one doe. I did see two ATV's come by and blow up the woods at 4:30pm then proceed to walk around the area until they came up on me. Nice!!! Going to hunt our Jo Davies lease this weekend. I did hear that small bucks were pushing does on the 15th and mid sized bucks were on their feet as well. Hope it's a productive weekend!!!!

2. Illinoishunter102

Illinoishunter102 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Sounds like its been tough for some of us. Im looking forward to getting out this weekend. How has the deer movement been? Are bucks moving? We have had rain for the past 4 days, non stop. The rain is supposed to end by Friday, Im thinking about getting out Saturday morning. I'd imagine that deer would be moving the day after it rains? What do you guys think?

3. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Definitely gonna be moving Sat. morning! Just had a storm come through tonight, hopefully get out tomorrow evening!

4. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I think with all the rain this week that Saturday morning will be good. Supposed to be around 35 degrees and sunny.

5. skillfullrug

skillfullrug Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    What's going on boys spent 16 hours last weekend in the tree seen deer but nothing in my shooting lanes. But my buddy got his first deer on Sunday a little doe he put a bad shot on her she was quartering away well the shot hit her right in her butt cheek so he texts me and I walk over to him and boom there she is not even 40 yrds from his stand he got lucky and the best part was all this time it is pouring rain so I had to help him gut his first deer in what felt like a hurricane .but I can't believe that shot put her down that fast but good luck everyone

6. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Will be hunting this weekend. Finally got off of work. Really didn't think I was going to hunt that much this year especially during the rut. But I got a letter today saying I will be terminated on Oct 31 because of union BS. If everything works out perfect I'll be able to hunt the first week of November and get a job after that. LOL wishful thinking I guess.

7. JDhom

JDhom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Damn! Sorry to hear that hope your able to find
    another job soon! The good news is they couldnt
    Of picked a better week to do it! Im off the first week also that just happens to be my favorite time
    A year to hunt! Good luck!

8. CFStinger

CFStinger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Morning gentlemen. Well, the last day and a half has been getting wild up here in MN. Just this morning have seen six bucks ranging anywhere from 70" to 150". Was drawn on a 110" 8 that I could not bring myself to shoot and almost got a shot at the 150" buck at 60 yards, just took to much time to get the bow out of the vehicle and set up before he left our bean field. Gotta do some things this afternoon, then gonna sit this evening. Good luck guys and get ready, bucks are gonna start moving more quickly!!!!

9. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys checking back in after this weekend. I was only able to go out one evening, and that was to film a buddy. We didnt even see a deer. However, I checked my camera thats been sitting over a scrape, and I have left this place alone for the past month. I have deer coming in to check this scrape daily. This seems to be the key right now. This is what Im hoping to shoot guys:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. MadMan

MadMan Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    That's a Good buck hope you tag him.
    I'll be heading to Westcentral Ill. Nov. 10. It's gonna be go big or go home for me. I hope to tag a doe while there too.

11. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I finally did it. After 5 years of bowhunting I shot my 1st deer with a bow, a 32yd shot on a small doe and a 20 yd recovery...It is on the scoring page on page 9..Glad I can finally contribute points to a team. Next time out s probably going to be Sunday evening...

12. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Congrats! Thats awesome dude! I shot my first 2 years ago. Looks like im one of the last left to get it done :whip:

Il be hunting this weekend, hopefully I'll get lucky!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  13. CFStinger

CFStinger Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Congratulations BowhuntMN!! Good to see another MN guy contribute!! Well, don't know that I will get out before Saturday, but major front coming through up here and cold mornings. Should be a good weekend, and on top of that, I took next week off at work. Up here, next week being the week before rut, it can be hair raising, literally. Last year the weekend before rut, I practically couldn't get back to my truck without being run over by deer. Can't wait, it should be good.

14. JDhom

JDhom Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Way to go man keep it up that buck is just arond the corner! Good luck!

15. INbowhunter

INbowhunter Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well received a call from the neighbor last night that he had come across a dead deer in the creek behind my woods, he said he thinks it's a big buck and I should take the mount. Went to look and it was a very nice 10pt that had died of EHD. Not the way I intended getting this bad boy. Going to make a Euro mount from em'

Attached Files:

16. Illinoishunter102

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry man, that really sucks. A few buddies out around my farm have found deer that have expired due to EHD as well. I hope you shoot a bigger one than this! Im definitely hunting as much as I can this weekend.

17. headstrong

headstrong Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Getting pics of of bucks hitting the ground. Nothing chasing by me though. Hope they get going by this weekend or next.

18. skillfullrug

skillfullrug Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys I shot to what i think is this guy at 605 tonight pulled it back liver shot blood trail was good then just disappeared he is coyote meat he will be gone by morning but if I find his head or whats left of[​IMG] him would he still count for points if I tagged him?

19. BowhuntMN

BowhuntMN Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck finding him, he looks like a giant...

20. D34

D34 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Skillfullrug, congrats on the kill. Thats a great buck, hope you find him. I'm almost certain it still counts if you find him and he's been torn up by coyotes.