***Crimson Vanes - Team 12***

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by xtreme16, Aug 25, 2012.

1. youngfart

youngfart Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    buckeyehntr5
    Hey give your Dad a great big pat on the back for me,that's a dandy ,speacialy for his 1st bow buck.Awesome.
    Rocky

2. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Great buck, congrats to pops!

3. NCRemington700

NCRemington700 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    South Carolina... Fulton Co, IL in November
    Beautiful buck!

I had an "oh so close" moment a couple days ago. This buck came out of nowhere around 9:30 am. He's the biggest buck I've ever seen on the hoof with my own eyes in South Carolina. He walked right to me and my cameraman and stopped behind some brush at around 35 yards. He needed to go about 10-15' from getting an arrow slung at him. The wind switched slightly and he knew something was up. We didn't get much footage of him because he was behind some thick brush and trees the entire way. I captured this screen shot of him once he hoped away. Based on the different looks of him I would put him at around 130". Hopefully he comes back since he didn't blow out. Two or three hops and then he walked over top of the next ridge. It was a rush! I will never forget this hunt.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  4. xtreme16

xtreme16 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    Wow what a buck!! Congrats to your dad!

5. okiehunter

okiehunter Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Thats a nice buck! Congrats on the 1st bow kill pops!! Well not much luck in my neck of the woods. Work and hunting don't mix very well. Weather has been warm and deer still staying nocturnal. Hopefully things change soon since we are suppose to get a cold front next week. Hopefully one will come out with some light left to see my pins? Our standings with the others are impressive! I will be trying again once i get back home on my days off. Good luck to everyone!

6. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Dang Yard Work
    Maybe I'll be lucky and get on stand by Sunday night, cold front coming in Monday and the low for a few of the days is -12. Should get them up and eating. Sunday I have to cut my Mother -in-laws Apple tree or should I say prune it so she can hand pick the apples. Two more flower beds to clean up and I'll be ready. 1st 2 weeks of October have always been real slow for me up here. Ever since I started bow hunting I have never tagged a deer of any kind in the 1st 2 weeks of October. Hoping to change that this year! Keep at er guys!
    Rocky

7. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    Alright guys im off for the weekend headed to the 80 acres! saw a nice 8 last time i was in there and my dad shot a nice doe on mon! Hopefully i can get a shot at a nice buck or a nice doe. Keep at it guys just need to get some vanes bloody and we will be closer to the top! Good luck everyone and be safe! I will let you guys know how my weekend goes when i return home! BOWHUNT OR DIE!!

8. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Early on Stand
    Wow what a morning, got on stand by 6am, forgot it gets light bye 7:45am, didn't think it was ever going to get light out,LMAO. Quiet till 8:15 when a doe and 2 fawns came by @ 65 yards. Then at 9:45 I heard a crunch behind me and there was the smallest Red fox I had ever seen. He was sniffing the scrape I just filled with scent. He spotted me and scooted off around the corner and as he went around the corner a huge Owl took of after him I presume. He was smaller than a cat so I could see why he dove at him. Not sure he got him, I walked around when I left to see if there was any fur to Identify his dieing. Never found any ,maybe he made it. Be back out tonight. Good luck to the guys hunting today. I got on stand @ 6 am and it was +8, bye 9am it was -8 and snowing hard. Was a good morning sit!
    Rocky

9. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
    Had a shooter come in just after first light this morning. Wind was in my favor but he hung up like an old gobbler in some thick stuff around 35 yards. He just stood there and stood there and stood there. Finally, for some unknown reason he turned around and walked off. I didn't move, didn't make a sound, and we had a good wind. I don't know why he turned away. I'm snake bit I tell ya!

10. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    image.jpg We have our first shooter!!!!!! I think 140 s but not sure. Can't wait to hopefully see this guy on hoof!! Headed out in 15 min. So this is all I have or now. BHOD! Pics to come! image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  11. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
  12. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    I'll try my best!! I might be waiting until rut kicks in for this guy just because he is nocturnal... Any suggestions or tips on how to get my arrow through this guy? I don't want to pressure him but I need to be in the stand to shoot him.....

13. buckeye

buckeye Grizzled Veteran

Dislikes Received:
    Good luck after him although I think he would be more like 118 inches, not 140.

14. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
    Another close encounter this morning with a nice 8. I swear these bucks keep showing up from every direction but they're just skirting out of range. Only one or two more chances before I head off to Illinois on Monday.

15. buckeyehntr5

buckeyehntr5 Die Hard Bowhunter

Dislikes Received:
    I'll be hunting 10/27 - 10/30 & 11/2-11/11. I'll try to update as much as possible. Goodluck team, it should start heating up real soon!

16. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Got Out Tonight
    Even though it was only for an hour and a half. Got in my stand bye 5:15 and I didn't even have my bow pulled up and they were scraping 45 yards out on the fields edge. Pull my bow up and thought man if only I could get off work an hour earlier! Got set up and then I started watching the bucks scaping and then out walks guess who? DDTx4 ,chit man I had the wrong wind and everything but I had to try a stalk. Bad Idea! I had to walk 45 yards through 5 inches of crispy crunchy leaves. Got to 25 yards and up comes DDT looking down the slope to where I was standing. Tails flagged and off they went to the other side of the field. I thought I would get winded before I got heard because the wind was blowing right to them..Going to try and sneak out an hour earlier tomorrow ,I think I know where their coming out and the scrapes I made the other day are all torn up. Guess that mixture worked someone posted last summer. It's a gallon of water,5 ounces of Amonia, 3 ounces of Vanilla Extract, let it ferment for a week and you have the cheapest scrape mix that works great.
    Rocky

17. NCRemington700

Dislikes Received:
    I may have to give that scrape juice a try. Couldn't hurt!

18. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Rem
    Let me check the mixture before you go & make it .
    Rocky

19. xtreme16

Dislikes Received:
    Ya! i would like to make some also! Im headed out tomorrow for the weekend so hopfully i can get a buck down! we have more pictures of high tower on a scrape that is the size of a car!!! Not really but it is HUGE!! And we also put up a camera on there and we have 4 bucks hitting it... 2 basket 8's a 5 pt. and a 7... Rut is kicking in this weekend so hopefully the big boys will come out and show themselves. Thats it from me ill keep you guys updated! As always remember to be safe out there! and when you harvest your deer dont forget to take the pictures as well as putting the date and time of your harvests on here! Good luck everyone! Shoot straight!:biggun:

20. youngfart

Dislikes Received:
    Rem & Ex
    Here it is! : Quote:I mix this up in a 1/2 gallon jug because it costs dang near nothing to make its my scrape mix 55oz of water 5oz of amonia 3oz of imitation vanilla , There is a company that makes this mix and sells it for $15.00 for 4oz ......lol....i actually bought a bottle to use it to test my mix to it and then took it back and got my money back .........mix it up and shake it up once a day for a week if you can then put it in a spray bottle and spray in mock scrapes and real scrapes , even on the licking branches . Works awesome. Let me know how it works for you.
    Rocky

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012