**Team 3 - Blood Trail Brotherhood Thread**

Discussion in '2012 Deer Contest' started by wl704, Aug 25, 2012.

1. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well since I know of a few fellow Indiana hunters on the team, just wanted to say good luck in the morning and be safe.....Time to catch up with some of the lucky early teams.

2. deer_predator

deer_predator Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas.. had an assload of bad luck this last week... I was told (after 13 years of hunting the same farm) that I couldn't hunt it anymore... The farmer passed and his wife allowed the grandson to dole out the property... He (the grandson) thought it was in the best interest of the property to keep it all family :( ... That is not going to bend my arrow!!! I am up at 3:30 this morning to head to public ground for opening morning... I WILL NOT MISS THIS DAY AND I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!!!!!!!! Some deer are gonna die!!

3. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Good job Polecat on that doe, sucks that you couldn't get the pics. I was thinking the same thing on Sat as I hunted solo...and was trying to think how I would take a pic of myself and a deer with the phone, if I got one. Getting a pic at and by the processor or by one of the neighbors if I DIY process it was the best I could come up with...

Good luck everybody kicking off today.

4. jjnowak

jjnowak Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I got out last night after missing opening weekend in OH. Didn't see any deer but shot a coyote.

5. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Jj: I hate yotes!
    Deer_predator: Missed ya earlier, that sucks. Good luck though.

I'm gonna try to get out a few days here over the next week.

6. Polecatmasten

Polecatmasten Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Wind direction bad for me this morning ...stayed home. Went down this afternoon to check cams ..had a nice one 12 yards from my Turkey blind ::(
    O well, made good call on my part
    He is standing right in my wind...probably wouldn't have got a shot anyway. Tomorrow the wind is supposed to be out of the west :)

Will he just make P&Y..I'm no good at scoring
    [​IMG]

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

7. Bushmaster1

Bushmaster1 Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    I am not good at scoring but my buddy shot one last year that looked like this and it just made book, I have not been out yet due to work switching my schedule around hoping to get out tomorrow and monday, then I leave for North Dakota on Saturday the 13th for Whitetail!!!

8. deer_predator

Dislikes Received:
    OK Guys... were on the board... This is my second deer this year... First one was a 65 yrd shot.. this one was 45... LOL... I think I am ready for out west...

[​IMG]

I will get it posted on the scoreboard too...

9. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice! Remember 2 pics on the scoring thread.

I went out yesterday, saw 5, but no shots. I had perfect wind and cold temps, the 2 does w/ 2 fawns were ~45-50 yds. I almost drew back, but thought twice. The lone deer was well over 100yds, huge, I suspect a buck...

10. Polecatmasten

Polecatmasten Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Nice!! We're on the board

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

11. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Guys, one other reminder, make sure you include the date, time and any other details with your pics when you post them to the scoreboard thread.

Thanks!
    Bill

12. deer_predator

Dislikes Received:
    Crap.. forgot about that... I'll go back and fix it on the scoreboard....

13. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Predator nice job. Hopefully I can get out sat morning since we have all our corn shelled that we can do for now.

14. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Nice job predator!

I played golf today...played really poorly-should've gone hunting. Hoping to get out tomorrow.

15. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well boys went out this morning and only seen a lil 5pt. Didn't get to hunt the evening. They are calling for really bad winds here tomm afternoon so hopefully things are really good in the morning. We will see I suppose. Good luck to any going out and stay safe.....

16. huntingtimeadventures

huntingtimeadventures Newb

Dislikes Received:
    My season finally starts up here in mass tomorrow, going out for an evening sit after school. Hopefully i can fulfill 1/3 tags i got and get us some points!

17. wl704

wl704 Legendary Woodsman

Dislikes Received:
    Had some good wind this week and a few deer wander through. A small 4pt yesterday and saw 5 (2 does, 2 fawns + 1 assumed large buck) on Monday. I am kicking myself for not letting arrows fly on a couple, but they would've been marginal.

A bit of a spook yesterday am...headed into my spot, a ground sit amongst some rubble of a dry stream bed, an hour before sunrise yesterday, public land. Just got settled and quiet and I hear a bunch of something come running in, leaves crunching, in front and to the side of me. My thoughts 'Great, 30 minutes more till shooting light...' Sitting perfectly still and super quiet. All the noise stopped in the cold dark of the morning. Then as quick as it started, my hopes up, were dashed as a dog starts barking like crazy, about 7 yds from me. After fumbling for my light, I saw it was at least a pack of 3. I saw a collar on one...quickly realizing they weren't wild and hoped/figured they would move on, which they did. But then I fumed for an hour or so...nearest house was over 1/2mile away, and they weren't hound dogs...still pisses me off.

18. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Had a decent moring today seeing about 12 turkeys along with a small doe and small spike. The doe never came close enough for a shot though. Went out this evening and wasted my time completely. We had wind gust from 20mph-35mph all evening long. Get one more day tomm before I go back to work for 4 days. Suppose to have a good wind and be chilli again, so hopefully I can fill a tag and get us some more points.

19. huntingtimeadventures

huntingtimeadventures Newb

Dislikes Received:
    Sat in the stand for a few hours again, saw some turkeys and a few squirells. All these hours seeing nothing are gonna kill me.

20. timmy_ar

timmy_ar Weekend Warrior

Dislikes Received:
    Well fellas actually got to go out this evening. Got in the stand and the wind decided to do a switcha roo on me. I thought about staying just to see if I could get a doe come out into the field when I got a text. The worst kind too. My cousin was sitting on the other side of the farm and sent me a pic of one of our big boys. At first I thought he had shot it. Then I found out the was walking down to his stand and it was less than 5 yards from his stand laying there dead. Between that and the wind I was done for the night. As far as we could tell he had not been shot. He even looked healthy. So we aren't really sure what he died from. By the looks of it he had only been there about a day tops. Just sucks scouting all summer putting out cameras and doing everything right and it comes to this. Hopefully the other 3 on that farm are still around.